Astell&Kern AK380
Jul 11, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #5,866 of 9,040
Yeah I know, but "demagnetizing" is more of a theory than hard fact. 

Is there anyway to demagnetize my ak240 to sounds better?

Jul 11, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #5,867 of 9,040
I demagnetize my mechanical watches after traveling. 

But here is the thing:

You can put the watch on a time grapher and see the effect immediately. If the case and parts are magnetic (when they shouldn't) the mechanical movement has to spend more energy overcoming the magnetism - hence it goes slower or faster, after demagnetizing - it runs the way it should.

Magnetizing or demagnetizing is no voodoo - you can easily magnetize or demagnetize a screwdriver etc. depending on where you use it.

With DAPs - I never head of magnetizing having any effect on sound quality.

Here are some watch demagnetizers:

http://www.ofrei.com/page_220.html

How well they would work with a large item like a DAP - I mean in theory even - no idea. 

But I would be careful - maybe a magnetized DAP might sound BETTER 
eek.gif

Jul 11, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #5,871 of 9,040
  my AK380 is now also stuck in balanced mode. 
anyone found a solution for this yet? would be much appreciated

Dont try contacting their support, they arent that helpful unless you go out of your way to find someones personal or individual phone line or something (I never got a reply).

..if you read above some people say not having a leather case or balancing on a piece of fishing line with no human hands touching it might do the trick

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #5,872 of 9,040
  my AK380 is now also stuck in balanced mode. 
anyone found a solution for this yet? would be much appreciated

Mmm....try inserting your 2.5 mm. IC., making sure it is properly seated. Remove it. Insert your 3.5 mm IC, making sure it is properly seated. Turn off/turn on your AK. Repeat as necessary. I've employed this method a number of times to solve the problem (in my cu).

Jul 12, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #5,873 of 9,040
[Mod deleted]
  Mmm....try inserting your 2.5 mm. IC., making sure it is properly seated. Remove it. Insert your 3.5 mm IC, making sure it is properly seated. Repeat as necessary. I've employed this method a number of times to solve the problem (in my cu).

Thanks, it disappeared when I turned it on this morning, but I will keep your method in mind... will hopefully help once it pops up again. (also Cu)

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #5,874 of 9,040
I used my 380 with amp on balanced mode yesterday and after I was done my amp was still at 100% battery but the player was at 50%... Anyone else have this problem? (Is it a problem?)

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #5,876 of 9,040
No. Both player and amp run on entirely separate batteries, and are do not charge each other. It may sound weird, but it helps prevent voltage swings or jitter that might pollute the current and hence affect SQ.

And no, you cant see the amp battery level.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #5,877 of 9,040
  No. Both player and amp run on entirely separate batteries, and are do not charge each other. It may sound weird, but it helps prevent voltage swings or jitter that might pollute the current and hence affect SQ.

And no, you cant see the amp battery level.

Errr, yes you can when you pull down the Settings/Option menu (and have the Amp enabled)? The % there is the amp, whilst the % at the top bar is the unit itself?

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #5,878 of 9,040

Errr, yes you can when you pull down the Settings/Option menu (and have the Amp enabled)? The % there is the amp, whilst the % at the top bar is the unit itself?

Not sure why it's in question form but yes, exactly as AnakChan said. Thought everyone here knew this already.
blink.gif

Amp's battery does gown down slower than the player's in my case too but 100% vs 50% is definitely exaggerating. When both start from 100%, battery level difference between the two will increase gradually but maintain within 20%.

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #5,879 of 9,040
The amp's battery indicator from the drop down shade is VERY inaccurate. It stays at 100% for a Loooooooooooonggggggggggg time, whilst the player's battery drops after mere minutes. The amp's battery indicator is just not very 'real-time'. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back