Astell&Kern AK380
May 14, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #5,236 of 9,040
Thanks for the link. It only shows the back side though.

By the way does anyone know whether the USB micro B input is USB 3 or USB 2 standard? And whether the ripper copies the album art info?

I have the AK CD ripper.  I find it copies artwork about 90% of the time.  No clue what the issue is with CD artwork it misses.  I haven't figured out how to manually add missing artwork but frankly, I've spend little time on this.

I really like the CD ripper.  Rips are reliable.  I've ripped several hundred CDs and have never had a failure, other than occasional missing artwork.

May 14, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #5,237 of 9,040
  I have the AK CD ripper.  I find it copies artwork about 90% of the time.  No clue what the issue is with CD artwork it misses.  I haven't figured out how to manually add missing artwork but frankly, I've spend little time on this.

I really like the CD ripper.  Rips are reliable.  I've ripped several hundred CDs and have never had a failure, other than occasional missing artwork.

Not that it likely matters but to clarify, I use the AK CD Ripper with an AK240.

May 14, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #5,238 of 9,040

The ripper if I am not mistaken takes meta data from Gracenotes.

For missing cover art and cleaning up tags, use MP3tag.

May 15, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #5,239 of 9,040
  Don't know why no one talked about this already, but finally, GLASS PRO!!

https://us.astellnkern.com/collections/accessories/products/ak380-320-series-glass-screen-protector

Wow!  Had it in the cart, chose Paypal to pay, and realized they were charging $15 for shipping.  Outrageous for a thin piece of glass when actual shipping is probably less than $1.  Passing....

May 15, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #5,240 of 9,040
Wow!  Had it in the cart, chose Paypal to pay, and realized they were charging $15 for shipping.  Outrageous for a thin piece of glass when actual shipping is probably less than $1.  Passing....

If you want to play in the big boys playground you know it... Ganna need to drop that $15 bucks. Outrageous.

May 15, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #5,241 of 9,040

here is what i got for shipping price options. "WOW".
jazzi you right right .
eek.gif

May 15, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #5,242 of 9,040
Astell & Kern are overpriced on almost everything. Because of this for my first high end dap will get either an iBasso or Cowon player. My guess within the next several years will see daps doing much better at competing with the top of the line Astell & Kern players for a lot less money.

May 15, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #5,243 of 9,040

for those who do not have the ak380 amp stacked with ak380. this is for the rear side of ak380 protection.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gorilla-Glass-REAR-protector-for-Astell-Kern-AK380-JGLASS-0-23mm-from-Japan-FS-/201541497698?hash=item2eeccf3362:g:pQwAAOSwAuNW5nAh

May 15, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #5,246 of 9,040
  thread being invaded by whiners again 
frown.gif
 if you are not willing to part with the cash, go somewhere else 
mad.gif

Indeed, this thread should be exclusively for people who would foolishly pay $15 shipping costs when it could be shipped for $2 or less. Lets say farewell to all rationalities!

May 15, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #5,247 of 9,040
thread being invaded by whiners again :frowning2:  if you are not willing to part with the cash, go somewhere else :mad:

No whinning here. My comment was based on the irony of spending $2k+ on a DAP then kicking a little fuss over $15 shipping for screen protector.

Actually made my day for while. :p

May 15, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #5,248 of 9,040
  thread being invaded by whiners again 
frown.gif
 if you are not willing to part with the cash, go somewhere else 
mad.gif

Thanks for the invitation to leave, but I've been a contributor to this thread for awhile.  I'm staying (unless the mods decide otherwise). 
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #5,249 of 9,040

Indeed, this thread should be exclusively for people who would foolishly pay $15 shipping costs when it could be shipped for $2 or less. Lets say farewell to all rationalities!

$2 or less?  Do you expect them to stick it in an envelope and drop it in a postbox?  Tracked shipping is at minimum around $10, and a glass screen protector cannot be bent, so it has to be in sturdy packaging, which is relatively heavy, which increases the price.  And all of this takes time, which costs money.  $15 seems totally fair to me.  Cheap even.  

May 15, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #5,250 of 9,040
Guess it depends on how it's packaged. If the AK glass comes protected like the JGlass (which is Gorilla glass, dunno about AK's), sure an envelope would suffice :-

The JGlass package is quite well protected for regular shipping - probably a little more than $2 though since its thicker & a little heavier but to give an idea, I paid something like $15 for shipping 5xJGlass & 4x JVC to HK tracked.

Dunno if the AK's $15 shipping includes tracking, or merely implied...haven't been following thread closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back