Astell&Kern AK380
Apr 24, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #4,816 of 9,041
Hi,
I need some help, maybe someone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong, I'm ripping my whole cd collection (all originals) with the pc. At the moment I already ripped over 400 and transferred to the ak380cu, but a few of them won't work, as I start to play one of them it wont play and none of the functions work, the ak380cu seems to work very very slowly. This has happened with brand new cds which work correctly on the cd player.

I suggest you try clean up the tags, if there's too much info and use cover art in the folder as opposed to embedded art into the music file, plus try and keep cover art at 500x500

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #4,817 of 9,041
I suggest you try clean up the tags, if there's too much info and use cover art in the folder as opposed to embedded art into the music file, plus try and keep cover art at 500x500

Thank you for your help!, I keep it as you say but there must be something else that causes the problem. If you want, can send you the folder and you can take a look. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #4,823 of 9,041
  AK support in the US is well below average regardless of what the product costs. When you factor in the cost of their products and the "luxury" branding, it's got to be pretty much at the bottom of their peers. To put that into perspective of other luxury brands:

Lexus - complimentary coffee and donuts when you bring in your car for service plus a complimentary loaner car.
Tiffany - complimentary jewelry cleaning anytime you walk in the door.
Visa Signature - 24x7 concierge with no wait times.
Nordstrom - no time limit on returns. 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
Red Wine Audio - puts AK service to shame. Near instant responses and service. I would rather pay RWA to fix instead of trying to get free warranty service.
Charles Nob Hill - upscale restaurant. A very quiet intimate place, but there was a world series going on when I had dinner there. Every 5-10 min, one of their servers came over and very discretely whispered the score in my ear.
Four Seasons - I could list an entire page of customer support excellence.
Briggs & Riley - My  20+ year old luggage needed a zipper repair. I just had to pay shipping to their service center. When it came back everything was refurbished (handles, bumpers, etc) at no charge.
Steinway - whatever you paid for your piano, Steinway will give you full price credit when you upgrade. No time limit.
AK - honestly, the only thing I can think of is that the screen protector comes already applied.

Some ideas for AK:
  1. Live support - currently this is your weakest area.
  2. Online warranty service - tracking and real time updates.
  3. Cross ship option - rather than wait for repairs, option to swap for another player of the same make.
  4. Complimentary annual systems check - at the owner's cost of shipping their DAP, AK runs full diagnostics/cleaning at no charge.
  5. Upgrade program - understanding "digital rot", some type of fair value upgrade program.
  6. Loyalty program - how do you reward folks who have spent upwards of $10K dollars over a period of time on your products?
  7. Free loaner program - for current owners, free service to audition AK products with no obligation to buy.

I want free donuts damnit!!!! or is it doughnuts?????

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #4,826 of 9,041
I decided to listen to another track on the AK380 before I went to sleep last night. Ended up listening for 2 hours straight. It is that good.
With the CU it would have been 4 hours!

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #4,829 of 9,041
Apr 25, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #4,830 of 9,041
  tell me what other daps u owned in the past

The HM801, Sony NMZX2, AK240. I also recently listened quite extensively to the Paw Gold, the Onkyo and Pionner new DAPs.  Compared with my AK240, I was quite underwhelmed with the AK380. But the AK380Cu is really worth the upgrade. It is just so much better than the stock AK380. Sublime. Simply sublime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back