Astell&Kern AK380
Apr 12, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #4,562 of 9,041
Thanks for the heads up on the Aesopica. I contacted the maker and ordered one for the 380 with amp. It seems close to the AK case. Received my amp yesterday, initial opinion is that it opens up the sound and provides better imagining. I'll be getting the Nordost Heimdall headphone cable for my Audeze LCD-X's tomorrow, so more changes are in the works.

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #4,563 of 9,041
Thanks for the heads up on the Aesopica. I contacted the maker and ordered one for the 380 with amp. It seems close to the AK case. Received my amp yesterday, initial opinion is that it opens up the sound and provides better imagining. I'll be getting the Nordost Heimdall headphone cable for my Audeze LCD-X's tomorrow, so more changes are in the works.
What case is this?

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #4,567 of 9,041
  BTW what ASUS router you use?

woke up this morning at 5:00am , did not sleep well knowing my new ak380 cu was not connecting to my asus router. i had to troubleshot some more and low and behold. the culprit was me. entering the wrong password. reset a new password on my asus router and now my new ak380 cu is now connecting with no problems. also here at work @ my fire station and the router here connects easily with my ak380 cu. so in the mean time between time, just moving along....   thank you raypin & drsheep for the helpful guidance..     :punch::thumbsup:  

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #4,568 of 9,041
  woke up this morning at 5:00am , did not sleep well knowing my new ak380 cu was not connecting to my asus router. i had to troubleshot some more and low and behold. the culprit was me. entering the wrong password. reset a new password on my asus router and now my new ak380 cu is now connecting with no problems. also here at work @ my fire station and the router here connects easily with my ak380 cu. so in the mean time between time, just moving along....   thank you raypin & drsheep for the helpful guidance..     :punch::thumbsup:  

No problem, glad it works out for you.

p.s. thanks for serving.

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #4,570 of 9,041

mmm.....backread page 284 and subsequent pages  of this thread for pic and 411 of Aesopica.

hey rapin you are a research/reference & memory resource vulture. you are also on just about every thread on head-fi. and most important; all your thread reply's or post starts with mmm...
your avatar is a habitual icon visual EVERY SINGLE DAY! head-fi is a better place because of people like:  raypin, moedawg140, drsheep, hykhleif, spkrs01, Mimouille, x RELIC x, audionewbi, and some
 that i may have missed but seen often. keep up the great works all of you & all head-fiers. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #4,571 of 9,041
  hey rapin you are a research/reference & memory resource vulture. you are also on just about every thread on head-fi. and most important; all your thread reply's or post starts with mmm...
your avatar is a habitual icon visual EVERY SINGLE DAY! head-fi is a better place because of people like:  raypin, moedawg140, drsheep, hykhleif, spkrs01, Mimouille, x RELIC x, audionewbi, and some
 that i may have missed but seen often. keep up the great works all of you & all head-fiers. 
wink_face.gif

Thanks for the kudos, and this will be an even better place if someone buys my Cu from me :).

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #4,573 of 9,041
I'm not certain for the normal one, but the difference is marginal. It's small and it's not smth to be worried about!

can i ask the explanation for this as I am not understanding how a led light can affect sound quality

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #4,574 of 9,041
just recieved my balanced cable from ted allen for my u12, and i was surprised by how much more power the amp is in balanced mode, i barely listen at 55 volume with the balanced cable compared to 75 with single ended, and with great mastered albums I listen now at 46 

what a huge difference between balanced and single ended from the amp

Apr 12, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #4,575 of 9,041
Hi you season headfiers, I am tapping into your collective wisdom here with my dilemma. I bought the Ak240SS last year at can jam only to find the 380 announced a few weeks later. So here I am under the same predicament a little before the Munich Audio Show in May. I want to buy the 380cu, but I hate to find another announcement in May from AK about an AK480 or even worse an AK580. But if I wait till May, the 380cu may be gone as it is a limited edition. What do you do? If there is no announcement, I'll be happy to get the 380cu for now, but if a new model were to be announce in a month or so, I definitely want to weigh my option. Who knows, they may have 512g, streaming audio, oled, improved amp, or better yet they may install the mod that RWA has been doing. Even if half of the mentioned improvement is announce, I'll be kind of upset, wouldn't you? You really have to give it to apple as you will always know when they will release their next model.

Also, last year when I bought the 240ss, I was also told that the SS is a limited edition and AK may not make any more after the current batch Is gone. But guess what, the SS is still alive and well and available and can be bought easily online. When AK said limited edition, you really wonder what they mean. Gavin said he doesn't think AK can improve on the sound from 380cu for a few years, even if it is true, they definitely can improve on features and functions while maintaining the same sound level, right? What would you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back