Astell&Kern AK380
Apr 11, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #4,546 of 9,041
  having both mojo and ak380

well I know there has been a huge buzz about mojo, and I have both so I will answer few people who keep asking me in pms which I prefer

I do not prefer one over the other honestly they are 2 different beats.,

out of the box and this is an honest impression and with nothing stacked and no eq or colouration 

which is better with my 64audio adel u12:
1- highs- well i feel mojo has the edge in highs
2- mids ak380 has better edge 
3- bass well to my surprise ak380 has better bass than mojo, and I do not even use eq on ak380 anymore, which tells you it has good bass as I am known to love bass
4- soundstage : well ak380 has much better soundsatge than mojo

Now the above is without stacking, now if we start talking about stacking and tweaking possibilities the mojo wins

so which i would choose if i could not tweak or stack and just pick one device it would be ak380 for iems

To be honest if cash was not an issue, I would have kept the ak380 as it sounds simply amazing with u12, and i do not have to use an eq at all which is so surprising,as with mojo i need to eq the hell out if it

Uh, how can you compare Mojo without stacking?  Without a stack there's no source for Mojo.  To consider Mojo, you have to stack it with something, unless of course you're it with a laptop.

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #4,547 of 9,041

Uh, how can you compare Mojo without stacking?  Without a stack there's no source for Mojo.  To consider Mojo, you have to stack it with something, unless of course you're it with a laptop.

by that i meant stacking mojo and amping it with an external amp

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #4,548 of 9,041
Any further impressions of the LPG vs AK380cu or stock ak380? Read some of the older posts. Seems mostly like the LPG has a bit more power, and better weight and body to the bass. I'm auditioning a LPG in the next 2 weeks or so.

Not a fan of the design or looks at all. The AK devices definitely win in that regard.

Price isn't a factor, I can afford either. Just a lot of cash to drop without hearing it. I have faith because I loved my AK240 and all the other AK devices I've owned.

Of all the devices I've owned and auditioned, those are the two I've kept.  Both great devices that are different, but both great.

If UI is important, you definitely want the AK.  If sheer power and flexibility of SQ are the prime considerations, I'd lean toward the LPG.

IMHO, you can't go wrong with either.

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #4,549 of 9,041

Of all the devices I've owned and auditioned, those are the two I've kept.  Both great devices that are different, but both great.

If UI is important, you definitely want the AK.  If sheer power and flexibility of SQ are the prime considerations, I'd lean toward the LPG.

got interested in lpg now from what u say

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #4,552 of 9,041
  So I have had the Cu amp for 4 days and it's been on, playing burn in tones, music and being de-magnetized daily along with my in-ears that is plugged in. I think sonically it is pretty much settled.

I have always left the LED on, as it looks aesthetically pleasing. So earlier this evening, I decided to switch it off. What a difference it made to the sound. Suddenly a veil has been lifted. I should not have been this surprised as I use to turn off all LED displays when I was listening to my home set up.

The whole sonic picture sounds more spacious, with vocals and instruments having better solidity and being fleshed out more. Separation and spacial cues are better defined. Extension both ends reaches higher and deeper. All in all, quite a revelation!!!

Already with the better authority, grip and control that the Cu amp adds to the player along with higher density presentation in high gain. The 380Cu and Cu amp is really becoming quite a piece of kit for portable listening enjoyment...absolutely loving the combination, and probably the best sounding one device available today by quite a margin to my ears............ 

please do not misunderstand me, will turning the led off make a real difference and is this only applicable to the ak380 cu as with the regular version i did not notice a thing with the led off compared to on

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #4,554 of 9,041
  Are there any cases for the AK380 with the amp? I have just got the black AK380 and the black amp was announced today. 

Really?  Only a few pages back you'll see pretty extensive discussion of the case by Dignis that is projected to be released mid-April, and the other by Aesopica that is already available.

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #4,555 of 9,041

my brand new ak380 cu is NOT connecting to my asus router wirelessly. i tried to reset the ak380 3 times to factory default with no luck. also reset my asus router and no luck there to.
my previously owned(returned for this upgrade) regular ak380 connected out of the box brand new with not 1 problem. i wonder if i have a faulty unit? i noticed my unit got VERY WARM almost hot to the touch when i initially charged it for the first time full charge. any assist or directional help would be appreciated from the lovely folks on head-fi & thanks in advance. 
mad.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #4,556 of 9,041

Thank you brother. UI is very important to me, as are looks. If something sounds better than everything else, but doesn't appeal to my eye, I won't buy it. UI is almost as important. This is only true for high end items. Due to the price we are paying, I want the full package. Exceptions for cheaper prices. I.E. Fiio X3 OG, not the best looking device and by far the most horrific UI ever, but I truly love the sound of the little guy. It used to get a modest amount of playing time, that was when I still owned the AK240. Really is a fun dap sound wise.

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #4,557 of 9,041
please do not misunderstand me, will turning the led off make a real difference and is this only applicable to the ak380 cu as with the regular version i did not notice a thing with the led off compared to on

I'm not certain for the normal one, but the difference is marginal. It's small and it's not smth to be worried about!

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #4,558 of 9,041

my brand new ak380 cu is NOT connecting to my asus router wirelessly. i tried to reset the ak380 3 times to factory default with no luck. also reset my asus router and no luck there to.
my previously owned(returned for this upgrade) regular ak380 connected out of the box brand new with not 1 problem. i wonder if i have a faulty unit? i noticed my unit got VERY WARM almost hot to the touch when i initially charged it for the first time full charge. any assist or directional help would be appreciated from the lovely folks on head-fi & thanks in advance. :mad:  
mmm...to confirm: Have you tried connecting your cu to other wifi spots? Different router? Switched your Asus router to open (no passkeys)? My cu does get warm but not as warn as, say, the CDM.:

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #4,559 of 9,041
Try this: set your WiFi security to WPS2 personal with AES, then reset your key to only contain numbers and letters and only begin with a letter.  If this still doesn't work, then there is a problem with your unit.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #4,560 of 9,041
mmm...to confirm: Have you tried connecting your cu to other wifi spots? Different router? Switched your Asus router to open (no passkeys)? My cu does get warm but not as warn as, say, the CDM.:

i will try a different router tomorrow when i go to work. will also try no passkey & asus router open. thanks for the help raypin. 

Try this: set your WiFi security to WPS2 personal with AES, then reset your key to only contain numbers and letters and only begin with a letter.  If this still doesn't work, then there is a problem with your unit.

i will also try this procedure after the above mentioned advised from raypin. thank you drsheep for the troubleshooting procedure. i am VERY TEMPTED to return this unit for a new 1.    4 stacks is ALOT of cheddar 
for this type of equipment to be acting so new out the box. 
angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back