Astell&Kern AK380
Apr 1, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #4,366 of 9,041

I literally have every other TOTL in ears......
wink_face.gif

And Cans for that matter....

so i see, and do u like urs the most ?

hahahah. i am just teasing

all respect man as I see many like ur iems and i might look into buying one soon from u

which u recommend for a basshead audiphile

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #4,367 of 9,041

all respect man as I see many like ur iems and i might look into buying one soon from u

I really would like to recommend BUT

MOT status ..cannot!

Apologies!!!

I am sure some 380 Cu owner/ customers may share their views later on.....

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #4,368 of 9,041
I finally recieved the cu amp which arrived yesterday evening. As soon as it is fully charged I will start to listen this great combo with the HE1000.

Congratz! Welcome to the club! You're now a proud owner of arguably the world's best DAP! 
biggrin.gif

The oxidation thingy does present a small (or big) headache, but it's a small price to "pay" for SQ bliss! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Gonna patiently wait for impressions of the RWAK380Cu + RWAK Cu amp, should anyone decide to send their units to Vinnie..
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #4,369 of 9,041

I believe you might love the Plus5 which is all BAs...solid bass...heard it with AK380 and I must say never heard such tight and solid bass yet not overpowering the mids and highs.

Auditioned the Laylas, Roxanne and K10u and then some during CamJam and they didn't wow me. Was impressed with the P5 and ordered along with the Uber. YMMV and if you do have the chance, give it a listen.

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #4,371 of 9,041
  I'm trying to download some albums from my pc to my ak380&amp, but i'm unable to do it, I think I'm missing something, does someone know why?

PC is just drag and drop...

Just make a music folder in the 380

If Mac then someone needs to chime in as I have never used a Mac

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #4,373 of 9,041

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #4,374 of 9,041
  That's what I have done, it works perfectly with the ak380 but once I hooked up the ak380 and the amp, it does'nt work.

Sorry to hear that.

It maybe a bad USB connector on the amp. 

However, in your case this is quickly resolved and you can just use the 380 to transfer files before deciding if it is the connection between the pair. At least you get to listen!

I hope things work out.........

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #4,375 of 9,041
1. Have you install Android File Transfer? You need this for mac.
2. Are you using the correct cable? I discovered some cables are just for charging but if you are using the one from AK, you should be ok.

I'm not using a mac, I'm using a pc, I have already transferd over 100 files to the ak380 but today I tried to transfer more files to the ak380 with the amp and it was unable. I disconnected the amp from the ak380 and the file transfer works perfectly.

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #4,376 of 9,041
I'm not using a mac, I'm using a pc, I have already transferd over 100 files to the ak380 but today I tried to transfer more files to the ak380 with the amp and it was unable. I disconnected the amp from the ak380 and the file transfer works perfectly.

Sorry my bad...3am and brain not working...

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #4,377 of 9,041

Sorry to hear that.

It maybe a bad USB connector on the amp. 

However, in your case this is quickly resolved and you can just use the 380 to transfer files before deciding if it is the connection between the pair. At least you get to listen!

I hope things work out.........

I'm using the supplied usb connector from ak, I will try to use a new usb cable from samsung and see what happens. Thank's.

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #4,379 of 9,041
  I'm using the supplied usb connector from ak, I will try to use a new usb cable from samsung and see what happens. Thank's.

All I will say, and noticing that you are in Spain and probably gear is not as accessible for you as for us in Asia.

Unfortunately, you may just have received a bad apple. I say this since the first Cu amp I bought had mixed up channels Right was left and visa versa. The retail store, Jaben Hong Kong, was kind enough to change the unit for me as there were stock. 

If you can live with this, in the eventuality that it is not a faulty cable. Then just use the internal storage for reference and favorite music files and buy a SD card for transferring new music. There is one year's warranty and you can do the repair at a later time. Otherwise it is just so annoying to have a new toy playing up...

Again, sorry to hear your situation.

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #4,380 of 9,041

Congratz! Welcome to the club! You're now a proud owner of arguably the world's best DAP! 
biggrin.gif

The oxidation thingy does present a small (or big) headache, but it's a small price to "pay" for SQ bliss! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Gonna patiently wait for impressions of the RWAK380Cu + RWAK Cu amp, should anyone decide to send their units to Vinnie..
tongue.gif

I still find it a little funny when someone says this is the greatest sounding SQ in history -- guess I better to send it to (fill in the blank) to make it great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back