1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell&Kern AK380

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Dopaminer, Apr 22, 2015.
First

Back
522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531
533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542
Next

Last
  1. Dellwolf
    Lol, same. I primarily listen to a bunch of smaller EDM labels and they hardly ever have even flac. I've actually started directly contacting the music artists/managers asking where the best place is for highest quality audio file for their music and most of them actually get back to me or send a copy of their master version to me.

2. Rei87

urgh....lucky you. I listen primarily to japanese pop/female vocals, and most artists are contracted by the big name labels. So, I have a better chance striking the lottery, than getting access to the master copies of the studio recordings. 

Which, is probably also who the CU suits my taste more than most other players that have a thicker/richer sound. J music tends to be very fast/technical, and that demands a fast decay or everything will just sound like a muddy mess. 

3. Dellwolf
    I still don't have an AK380 though, I simply don't have the money to be able to buy one as a high school student. My main source is my LG V20 for right now and it's really good for a phone, but not nearly up to the quality of the 380.

4. Malevolent

Hmm, I've never really thought of doing that. I'm a dance music fiend myself, and a lot of tracks that I love are impossible to find in high quality MP3, let alone FLAC or WAV. Sites like Beatport and Juno are only good to get about 1/2 of my favorites. Think I might just contact some of these producers directly. Thanks for the tip!

5. raypin
    Mm...consider yourself very lucky. When I was a high school student, we were content with "hifi" Walkman.....Walkman the cassette player.

I don't get your generation. You have the internet, smartphones, laptops and PS4s. My generation had to make do with rotary phones, mechanical typewriters, payphones, cassette players and Pong.

6. Dellwolf
    Yeah, I mean it's worth a try, I don't feel asking can hurt. I just try to be as clear as I can in the email that I'm not asking for a free download, and that I'm just wanting to know where to get the highest quality version of the music and and sometimes, like I've had it happen maybe 3 or 4 times, they asked me which songs or what album or EP and then they just send me them. Most of the time they ask what I'm looking for and tell me where to go to download it and of course sometimes they just don't respond.

7. WayneWoondirts
    I don't care if AK implements MQA to be honest, I want them to be roon ready! That would be truly amazing imo...

8. bmichels

may be the successor to the AK380 will not be ROON ready because it is a portable device, BUT the successor to the desktom AK500n should really be ROON ready, or even ROON SERVER.

9. WayneWoondirts

That would make it even more interesting in my opinion then. A portable roon ready device, how cool would that be?

10. Jalo

The Musahi Mod sounds tempting but I am always very leery about mod mainly because I worry it will change what like about the original characteristic. For the CU, I really like the airiness and the sound presentation. Sometimes if they boost the capacitors and increase the low frequency range, that will destroy the airiness and clarity. But if you want to be the first one to try I will love to hear that.

11. Uncle Monty
    [ATTACHMENT=4235]IMG_0557.JPG (1,157k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

12. Uncle Monty
    IMG_0557.jpg

Can never get the hang of putting photos on this site.....must be my age....anyway, this all sounds pretty good....

13. nogi replicant
    Is anyone succesfully using the Samsung 256gb micro sd card, or is everyone using the Sandisk 256gb? thanks

14. ironpeg
    I believe Alex from AK just did that. I saw AK FB said it works fine.

15. parabellum777
    I'm using one with my AK320 and it works perfectly.

First

Back
522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531
533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542
Next

Last