Astell&Kern AK380
Sep 8, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #6,347 of 9,041
E.T phoning home frequency issues
biggrin.gif

(sorry couldnt resist)

No need for the apology mate. You're not the first and certainly won't be the last :) 

Wow, that sounds bad. I know what you mean, but the output of the AK380 has always been dead quiet from what I know :frowning2:  I will hold off updating!

Ok, it's not like I'm taking comfort from my cousin's botched update experience but damn, thank God for his message. I would have updated had I seen it earlier. Anyway thought I would share that with the rest here. Just in case.

Sep 8, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #6,351 of 9,041
So does anyone know what 1.31 firmware has updated? Not updating still I hear more thoughts
Thanks
Mike

Supposedly fixed some issue with the new DSD recording accessory.

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #6,352 of 9,041
Is there really no way to get hold of an older firmware? This may have been discussed before but can somebody tell me again why AK isn't making older firmware available for download / downgrade? It's as if you get one shot at an update and if something goes south during the process, you're literally screwed.

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #6,353 of 9,041
Is there really no way to get hold of an older firmware? This may have been discussed before but can somebody tell me again why AK isn't making older firmware available for download / downgrade? It's as if you get one shot at an update and if something goes south during the process, you're literally screwed.

Have you contacted AK?

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #6,354 of 9,041
Have you contacted AK?

No, not yet but it looks like that may be the only viable option if we can't get an older firmware. Even if they didn't want users downgrading, they should have made an option to reflash available. I just wished things were a little more flexible like say iBasso - virtually every firmware released is made available for download. It gives users the option / flexibility to choose what they want. Ok, no more rants, sorry. Just a little frustrated is all...

Honestly, a huge part of me is highly tempted to update to the latest 1.31 but after what my cousin experienced with his, I just couldn't bring myself to do it knowing I have no way to back out in case mine gets botched too.

Sep 9, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #6,355 of 9,041
Just updated to the new FW and thankfully it's fixed the 'graphically slow' issue that I had with the last update. My 380 is now as fast at updating the screen as it always was (before the previous FW). So, happy.

Sep 10, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #6,359 of 9,041
Those who were following the issue my cousin had after the botched update to 1.31, well, it's going back to AK. Nothing much we can do about it. I decided to take a leap of faith and performed the update on my own unit since a couple of you guys did it without issues and I am happy to share that mine also updated without a hitch. I guess it's a one off thing with my cousin's and whatever happened with his would probably go down as one of those unexplained firmware-update-gone-wrong mysteries.

To those who came forth and suggested several useful tips, thank you for going out of your way. Truly appreciate it! I must say I am proud-as-hell to be a part of this fabulous AK380 community!

Rock on folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back