Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread
Jul 2, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #586 of 767
I got a problem about the free space. 

After some songs were deleted from the internal disc or SD card, the space are not released.  Anyone knows how to fix this issue? 

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #587 of 767
I got a problem about the free space. 

After some songs were deleted from the internal disc or SD card, the space are not released.  Anyone knows how to fix this issue? 

There's a trash folder on the ak120 that allows you to recover deleted songs. Connect to your PC, delete the files in the trash folder & do a manual scan. See if that works.

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #589 of 767
  So I've been trying to get the AK120 to work as a USB dac on my Razer Blade 14. It recognizes the player in DAC mode, but no sound comes out...I head that 64-bit windows with USB 3.0 doesn't work, but those are my only options as my computer doesn't have any USB 2.0 ports...Does anybody know how I can rectify this issue, or whether iriver is planning to fix this? I sent them an email already and got NO response...

Kojaku

Hi Kojaku,

I have the same problem. Just wondering if you had any success rectifying this?

Thanks

Antoh

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #591 of 767
There's about a 2 second lag when switching tracks- does anybody have an idea about whether a firmware update can fix that lagginess or if its a hardware problem related to its weak processor?

If it is processor-related, is there a way to upgrade its memory?  I've heard that the ak 240 interface is really snappy and wonder if there would be a way to bump up the ak120 specs to be similar.

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #592 of 767
Just recieved my120 couple days a go n amaze with the sq. i do have the dx90 but 120 is more musical. Wondering which fw with better sq for now? I used 1.40 i guess and one other thing, anyone using er4p with 120? Planning to re bought that iem....

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #593 of 767
Just recieved my120 couple days a go n amaze with the sq. i do have the dx90 but 120 is more musical. Wondering which fw with better sq for now? I used 1.40 i guess and one other thing, anyone using er4p with 120? Planning to re bought that iem....

Welcome to the family! It's true that there has been an argument about which firmware is the best atm. Many votes went down to 1.32 because of its richness in punchy bass and clarity.

I did an A/B testing between 1.32 and 1.40 and found that 1.40 is more fun and relaxing in the same time, while the 1.32 is more polite and sweeter.

But don't totally believe what I just said as you will never hear the same as I do. So you may want to do the test yourself!

Hope this helps :)

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #594 of 767
  Welcome to the family! It's true that there has been an argument about which firmware is the best atm. Many votes went down to 1.32 because of its richness in punchy bass and clarity.

I did an A/B testing between 1.32 and 1.40 and found that 1.40 is more fun and relaxing in the same time, while the 1.32 is more polite and sweeter.

But don't totally believe what I just said as you will never hear the same as I do. So you may want to do the test yourself!

Hope this helps :)

yeap, i"m agree with you. 1.32 is more sweeter. but i prefered 1.40 for allround...imho

Sep 5, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #595 of 767
I bought one of these in a bundle recently - soundwise its great, but Its been having some problems with my 128gb SD card. Every so often it seems to lose connection to the card and can't find any songs. I restart it and its ok until the next time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing the problems? 

Sep 5, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #596 of 767
I bought one of these in a bundle recently - soundwise its great, but Its been having some problems with my 128gb SD card. Every so often it seems to lose connection to the card and can't find any songs. I restart it and its ok until the next time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing the problems? 

Sorry. No suggestion but I often had that too. Would drop 1 or both cards and need a restart.

Sep 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #597 of 767

It's a known problem on some of AK120s (not all, no one knows why). I never found a fix for it, and I don't think anyone has. I think it's very much a hardware problem on 120 specifically, as I had an AK120 -now on sale- and bought a Titan because I needed the space. The Titan never ever did that even once, whereas the original 120 would do it regularly, though not often. Short version: you'll just have to live with it :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back