Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Jun 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #706 of 2,994
That IU song is very addicting indeed, but i prefer the japanese version =)

Does anyone knows moumoon (japanese group)? I love "Sunshine Girl" and many others songs.

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #707 of 2,994
Any Shiina Ringo fans! I kinda like Tokyo Jihen but her solo stuff, I like more <3.

Jun 12, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #709 of 2,994
Any Shiina Ringo fans! I kinda like Tokyo Jihen but her solo stuff, I like more <3.

YES, YES, YES, ME!

Seriously, she is together with Tokyo Jihen my favorite artist at the moment. My favorite used to be King Crimson for about a whole year, but getting to know Tokyo Jihen brought a change to that.

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #712 of 2,994
Someone here must be familiar with Kim Kwang-Seok (김광석) right? I just heard this song and really liked it, wondering if anyone knows what in his discography might be good to start with, or what else is out there which is similar. :) 

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #715 of 2,994
She's one of my favorite Korean female singer for 8~9 years
Not sure if someone posted it already

and she is also a great Korean singer(even after her 3rd vocal nodules:frowning2: )

Jun 22, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #718 of 2,994
These guys are not really well known anywhere outside Japan, but they are pretty sick.
They are known as "King Brothers" or キングブラザーズ in japanese.
I really wish there were more bands like this.

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #720 of 2,994
I'm more of a J-pop/rock person. Maybe it's because I watch Anime, but I find Japanese sounds "smoother" than Korean. I find female vocals suit the Japanese/Korean language better than English, especially when it comes to pop.

Kokoro Keshiki is a decent album by the voice actor Itou Kanae. I believe it's a sort of a one-shot album/compilation of various Anime openings.

I haven't seen many people talk about YUI, which I found surprising since I think of her as one of the top J-rock-pop artists. In fact I heard about her through one of Project86's reviews. She has a really airy voice which sounds great through AKG K701's and pretty much anything with good treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back