As a RE0 owner, I noticed HiFiman has 2 other headphones.....
May 29, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 4
The RE262 was released already. You can purchase it. It's a different sound signature from the RE0 - significantly warmer with quite a bit less treble presence, a bit more bass and richer, smoother, more forward mids. Personally, I prefer RE0 and by quite a margin, especially unamped. RE262 requires an amp to sound good IMO. Unamped, I found them quite mediocre - a bit muddy and not very detailed in the highs. RE0 is more versatile as it sounds good unamped as well and also has a more neutral frequency response that suits a wider variety of music types.

May 29, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 4
On top of that I found I preferred the RE0 to the RE252.  The 252 is considered more of a reference product, but I found it boring on some songs.  Also if you love that great RE0 treble it's not there.  I haven't heard the 262, but based on what I've read from other Head-Fiers, I don't think I'd like them

May 29, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
On top of that I found I preferred the RE0 to the RE252.  The 252 is considered more of a reference product, but I found it boring on some songs.  Also if you love that great RE0 treble it's not there.  I haven't heard the 262, but based on what I've read from other Head-Fiers, I don't think I'd like them

Me too. I also find RE252 boring, but also I find that it has a somewhat strange coloration that just doesn't sound natural to me. The sound is somehow too rounded and too soft, lacking good attack, unable to provide energy when it is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back