[Aroma Audio] Our new "AIR" Bluetooth DAC Amplifier
Mar 19, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #61 of 127
still i would have to travel to the customs office, which is an hour one way. Thank you tho
Why would you do that? Doesn't DHL deliver the package to your place after the customs clearance?
It works exactly like any other delivery. You just need to pay the customs via DHL site when they inform you. The moment you make a payment, the package is free for standard delivery.

Mar 19, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #62 of 127
Why would you do that? Doesn't DHL deliver the package to your place after the customs clearance?
It works exactly like any other delivery. You just need to pay the customs via DHL site when they inform you. The moment you make a payment, the package is free for standard delivery.
with every single item i bought from china i had to visit customs. dont care what dhl says online. Most of the time customs opens the package and checks if the costs that are stated on the outside of the parcel are true or not.

Mar 19, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #63 of 127
with every single item i bought from china i had to visit customs. dont care what dhl says online. Most of the time customs opens the package and checks if the costs that are stated on the outside of the parcel are true or not.
In my case ive never had any issues when it comes to the shoppings made in the USA. Ive bought 4-5 items in Musicteck, some were more expensive, like Mest 2 or Twilight. No extra costs, no additional problems etc. But im not denying your experience. Maybe ive been lucky.

Mar 19, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #64 of 127
I just got the Air and my goodness, this thing is just spectacular. I have owned (and sold) many portable devices and the sound out of the Air is desktop quality. Just amazing. I need to sell my Shanling H5 now.

Mar 20, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #65 of 127
I just got the Air and my goodness, this thing is just spectacular. I have owned (and sold) many portable devices and the sound out of the Air is desktop quality. Just amazing. I need to sell my Shanling H5 now.
Does the Air able to drive Elysian Annihilator full capability? Still has volume to spare?

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #66 of 127
Does the Air able to drive Elysian Annihilator full capability? Still has volume to spare?
Yes. For sure.

I ordered the Burson v5i that is supposed to warm things up a bit, but that's a personal preference. It drivfes them beautifully.

Mar 20, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #68 of 127
60 is chill. 70 is enjoyable. I need to get to 80 for it to really thump. But it's interesting - for me personally, I could not go above 85 without really getting to a uncomfortable volume.

I also have a Trailli and it's similar. 60+ is where it really shines.

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #69 of 127
60 is chill. 70 is enjoyable. I need to get to 80 for it to really thump. But it's interesting - for me personally, I could not go above 85 without really getting to a uncomfortable volume.

I also have a Trailli and it's similar. 60+ is where it really shines.
Is it big gap between Air and your high end dap like Cayin N7 or Sources for technicality like detail retrieval, imaging and Soundstage? I had only Air and Questyle M15. Is it worth to buy another dac/amp high price ?

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #70 of 127
Yes. For sure.

I ordered the Burson v5i that is supposed to warm things up a bit, but that's a personal preference. It drivfes them beautifully.
I feel Burson V5iD is so so only on the Air. I highly recommend MUSES02 which is really great for vocals.

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #71 of 127
Is it big gap between Air and your high end dap like Cayin N7 or Sources for technicality like detail retrieval, imaging and Soundstage?
I feel Burson V5iD is so so only on the Air. I highly recommend MUSES02 which is really great for vocals.
Ah interesting. What I'm trying to do is calm the treble down (I'm treble sensitive). What is the best opamp to do that?

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #73 of 127
Is it big gap between Air and your high end dap like Cayin N7 or Sources for technicality like detail retrieval, imaging and Soundstage? I had only Air and Questyle M15. Is it worth to buy another dac/amp high price ?
The N7 sounds richer and smoother. There is no denying it. I don't think you're losing on detail retrieval at all. Maybe a bit on soundstage.

If you asked me to place it, it is above any dongle dac/amp or bluetooth dac/amp by a mile. It puts up a good fight with DAPs, but let's face it that's not really a fair fight. But for a BT dac/amp it gets incredibly close.

The only other dac/amp that I think competes is the Dethonray Pegasus. I feel like they're siblings. For reference, I think the Air destroys ifi Gryphon.

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #74 of 127
What's a good shop to buy opamps like the muse02?

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #75 of 127
In Taobao is cost 14$ usd. I may be a pair of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0646.png
    IMG_0646.png
    934.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back