Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon: February 10th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #242 of 287
I don't see it listed in the first post, but does anyone have a Chord Hugo2 they have/plan on bringing? Eyeing it for my next source upgrade for the Utopia.
I don't have one, but I have had a chance to spend some time listening to that very combo and it is outstanding!
I am extremely impressed with the level of performance you get from the little Hugo2.

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #243 of 287
I don't see it listed in the first post, but does anyone have a Chord Hugo2 they have/plan on bringing? Eyeing it for my next source upgrade for the Utopia.
I know Audeze is bringing some Chord gear as sources but I’m thinking they’ll be Mojo’s.....but you never know. One can only hope.

Feb 8, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #244 of 287
I can bring mine, I would love to hear a utopia on it too after all the chatter on combo performance. However, I will only be there for a couple of hours during the middle of the day.

Feb 8, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #245 of 287
With permission from @Coolzo, here's what I plan on bringing to sell at the meet. Hopefully these prices are appropriately competitive...
  • Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart (modded by @PETEREK w/ 2.5mm connectors) — $350
  • Grace SDAC — $70 [reserved for @Athtel]
  • Moon Audio "Black Dragon" mini coaxial, 0.5ft — $45
  • Dekoni TH-X00 Sheepskin pads (w/ attenuator rings) — $25 or included free w/ TH-X00
  • Dekoni HD 6X0 Elite Hybrid pads — $30
  • FAW "Copper" Sony LOD, 1ft — $25
  • FAW "Copper" mini interconnect, 1ft — $20
  • FAW "Copper" 2.5mm to 1/8" headphone cable, 1.5m — $60
  • Corpse Cable 2893 RCA to mini interconnect, 4ft — $40
  • RIVA Turbo X (white w/ carrying case) — $100
The prices above are only applicable for meet attendees. Feel free to get in touch if you'd like to reserve an item in advance.

Can't wait for Saturday! :grin: Stoked to meet you folks.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #247 of 287
Regarding the Hugo2 and Utopia, I tried a H2 for a week, and I wasn't all that impressed. That said, I don't have most discerning ear. I found the Bimby/MJ2 combination a bit smoother and possibly more resolving, but that could have been imagination. Unless you really need the portability, I would keep the Bimby and upgrade your amp.

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #249 of 287
I am going to have to bow out and miss the meet or at least a part of it. My kid is too young to bring and sitting arrangements fell through. I will try to stop in during the day with my headphones but I will not be able to bring my gear and stay all day.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Meet looks amazing and you are all in for a treat.

Feb 9, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #251 of 287
Does that mean I can steal the spot you reserved next to Koover?

Sure. Just leave a small sliver of room for a stack and a plug for me so if I can make it I will just attach my stack to you guys. He should remember how much room my stuff takes but if not it is 8" wide 15" deep and I will need one jack.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #252 of 287
I am going to have to bow out and miss the meet or at least a part of it. My kid is too young to bring and sitting arrangements fell through. I will try to stop in during the day with my headphones but I will not be able to bring my gear and stay all day.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Meet looks amazing and you are all in for a treat.
Bummer bro. Sorry about that. Hopefully you can work something out. I’ll keep a chair warm for ya if you can cut away. Family first for sure.

Feb 9, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #254 of 287
Hey Coolzo, I'm also bringing my Cherry Eikon to sell. $950. It's got the gloss lacquer finish on it vs the standard varnish, Seahorse case, the stock cable with 1/8"-1/4" termination, and (I think) an extra set of Ori pads.

I'd be interested in those adapters and WE396a tubes... if you're willing to sell it separately.

Drew, if you want to setup by me again, I can bring you an Eitr and Mimby combo to use with your Milo.

Excellent. I hope you bring your other schitt this time too. And your tube amps!

See you all tomorrow.

Feb 9, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #255 of 287
@drew911d You can set up next to me and use my DAC. I really interested in hearing and measuring the Phi!

I'll definately have to spend some time with your gear. Looking forward to more tube amp discoveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back