Are you a console or PC gamer?
Mar 5, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #812 of 971
I was using my 65" C9 Oled as a monitor, but recently moved to the Samsung G7 monitor. I miss the OLED, but I got tired of sitting with a keyboard on my lap.

I mean I still use it for PC games, but if I can't run a game at 4K or need 240hz, I'll game on the monitor.

Not sure I wanna keep the monitor. I really wish OLED monitors were out already and not $3K.

I may return the monitor and get the 32-40" OLEDs that are supposedly coming.

20210303_134706.jpg

And here's an older picture showing where the OLED is placed.
20210219_094401.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #813 of 971
Yes it's unfortunate
I picked up BF1 for PC recently for $5 or some pittance like that. I played it on Xbox and it was one of my all-time favorites. $5 wasted. The cheating was too much
And the series x really has bridged the gap with 60 fps. Simply beautiful and smooth. I just don't have the need for the pc for modern games, but what I do use it for is all the retro games I have on steam. It's an aorus gigabyte 17g i7 10750 2070s 16gig with ssd. I dig it but the series x is a game changer. Definitely my favorite console of all time, and this is coming from someone who had the ps1, ps2, and 4.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #814 of 971
I was using my 65" C9 Oled as a monitor, but recently moved to the Samsung G7 monitor. I miss the OLED, but I got tired of sitting with a keyboard on my lap.

I mean I still use it for PC games, but if I can't run a game at 4K or need 240hz, I'll game on the monitor.

Not sure I wanna keep the monitor. I really wish OLED monitors were out already and not $3K.

I may return the monitor and get the 32-40" OLEDs that are supposedly coming.

20210303_134706.jpg

And here's an older picture showing where the OLED is placed.
20210219_094401.jpg
Keyboard in your lap? There are 2 possible solutions to that problem.

One is a bigger desk. You can pick up a wood dinner table for cheap. It may seem absurd but you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

Personally, I have an under the desk keyboard tray mount. So the top of my desk is pretty clear and I pull out my keyboard/mouse tray from under the desk. It just clamps on to the front lip of my desk no problem.

Mar 5, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #815 of 971
Keyboard in your lap? There are 2 possible solutions to that problem.

One is a bigger desk. You can pick up a wood dinner table for cheap. It may seem absurd but you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

Personally, I have an under the desk keyboard tray mount. So the top of my desk is pretty clear and I pull out my keyboard/mouse tray from under the desk. It just clamps on to the front lip of my desk no problem.
No, I mean that's what I was do when playing on the TV. I have a 74" desk now, lol. I needed a monitor to put on said desk. So I got one, and now the setup is fine. As you can see on the first image of the last post.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #816 of 971
So I got the ergo mouse with the analog stick. The analog feels good, but the placement is too far up. I'd pass on it. It feels awkward to utilize, and praying down it like it was a controller R3, will make you move the mouse when you don't want to.

Mar 6, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #817 of 971
I used to be almost exclusively PC, but as I get older I feel being able to pick up a Switch or an XBox controller to resume a game from the couch and then put it down feels like less of a commitment of time. There’s probably not much actual difference between that and sitting down at a desk for a short session, but it feels different psychologically.

Mar 7, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #818 of 971
I'd love to have a gaming PC but they seem very expensive so I've always used consoles. I'm working my way towards 1000/1000 in Fenyx Rising currently. Whenever I get the Series X, I will do another playthrough on nightmare difficulty. I am really looking forward to playing it at 60fps.

Mar 7, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #819 of 971
I'd love to have a gaming PC but they seem very expensive so I've always used consoles. I'm working my way towards 1000/1000 in Fenyx Rising currently. Whenever I get the Series X, I will do another playthrough on nightmare difficulty. I am really looking forward to playing it at 60fps.
I have it on the series x and it runs beautifully.

Mar 7, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #820 of 971
I have it on the series x and it runs beautifully.

I've heard it is a nice upgrade. Does it look better on the 60fps performance setting as well?

The game is gorgeous even on the XB1 but you can tell everything is down rezzed. There is very little texture to everything and when Fenyx takes off and flies, it's like a wide aperture camera lens effect. Everything in the distance is blurred to help it run smooth.

Have you played Civ 6 on the Series X? It crashes constantly on XB1. :rage:

Mar 7, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #821 of 971
I've heard it is a nice upgrade. Does it look better on the 60fps performance setting as well?

The game is gorgeous even on the XB1 but you can tell everything is down rezzed. There is very little texture to everything and when Fenyx takes off and flies, it's like a wide aperture camera lens effect. Everything in the distance is blurred to help it run smooth.

Have you played Civ 6 on the Series X? It crashes constantly on XB1. :rage:
Yes it does look better.

Mar 15, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #824 of 971
Every time I see this topic I'm interested to know more about it but I just don't have time. I remember my buddies had Ataris and maybe something else and when we were in grade school and then high school we used to hang out and play games on consoles. I haven't seen an updated console or PC game in probably 30 or 40 years. Seems awesome but one of those things that will never make it to the top of my list. Work, cooking, cleaning, music take whatever time I have left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back