Are you a console or PC gamer?
Mar 4, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #797 of 968
I can't game with keyboard and mouse. That's why I have to use a steam controller. I have an xbox controller too.

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #798 of 968
Funny I'm the opposite. I have a high end pc but the Xbox series x with my new lg cx tv is just too awesome so I'm on the console side again.
Just use your oled as your pc monitor. I use a 55' oled as my monitor. Best of both worlds.

I have an optical running from my tv to my Sony TA-ZH1ES with my MDR-Z1Rs.

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #800 of 968
But gaming with kb/m sucks .... at least for me.
As someone who started as a kid playing on PC, then went to console, then back to PC again...my frankenstein monster solution is a controller in my left hand and a mouse in my right. (For FPS games at least.)

Best of both worlds, to me. I hate using WASD, feels clunky and awkward. But I also hate aiming with an analog stick.

For most other games a controller is preferred, for sure.

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #801 of 968
As someone who started as a kid playing on PC, then went to console, then back to PC again...my frankenstein monster solution is a controller in my left hand and a mouse in my right. (For FPS games at least.)

Best of both worlds, to me. I hate using WASD, feels clunky and awkward. But I also hate aiming with an analog stick.

For most other games a controller is preferred, for sure.

Screenshot_20210304-234034_Chrome.jpg

You need one of these. Fragchuk something. I have one and I'm gonna try and get good with it soon. I'm someone who uses controllers, but I definitely feel disadvantaged be when playing WZ on pc with my mates who all use kb&m.

I will NEVER use keyboard for movement, but a mouse for aiming just makes sense.

I'm just trying to find the right mouse. I need enough buttons on the right to emulate enough of the right side of controllers. Some have too many buttons, and most don't have enough, or are placed in uncomfortable positions.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #802 of 968

You need one of these. Fragchuk something. I have one and I'm gonna try and get good with it soon. I'm someone who uses controllers, but I definitely feel disadvantaged be when playing WZ on pc with my mates who all use kb&m.

I will NEVER use keyboard for movement, but a mouse for aiming just makes sense.

I'm just trying to find the right mouse. I need enough buttons on the right to emulate enough of the right side of controllers. Some have too many buttons, and most don't have enough, or are placed in uncomfortable positions.

Ha! I have three of these. One that I use and two in boxes when it breaks. (I went through one already, and it takes forever to order a new one, and I am slightly worried the company will go bankrupt as I think it's a one man operation at this point.) I highly recommend trying the Logitech G502, it is perfect for me for Warzone.

I love that they can switch between being seen as a keyboard or a stick. (Meaning, they can be seen as a keyboard on a console as well!) The one limitation of these is for one handed use, I wish the "frag" key could be re-mapped, but it can't. For some games, like Warzone, I still need another button (even with all the G502 buttons), so I use the left half of a Steam Controller and use the paddle on the back to shift to different bindings, so I basically have two controller mappings in one hand which is neat. You can also use Joytokey (free) and do this for any controller, actually, but I like using the rear paddle to enable the shift functionality, and there really are not a lot of controllers that have a rear paddle you can easily bind.

Now that the Steam controller is also defunct, not sure what I will do when I run through my Fragchucks and my Steam controllers. I really really really don't want to spend $150 or whatever on an Elite controller. I tried one once and it had dreaded stick drift, and I am not a fan of how easy the rear paddles are to accidentally push.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #803 of 968
I ended up buying an ergonomic mouse with analog stick. I'll use the analog stick to replace the face buttons on a controller. So, A, B, X, Y. The press will replace probably crouch (R3). Since the L2 on the Fragchuk will be zoom, I'll use right mouse click as shoot, and left click as grenade. I need right click for shoot since that's the finger I use for shooting on a controller. I know traditionally left click is shoot.

Lets see how it works out.

Screenshot_20210305-011243_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #804 of 968
Oooh didn't even know that was a thing. I guess I'd be worried about my grip on the mouse with my thumb on the stick? But with how it is vertical maybe that doesn't matter.

Like you I prefer to keep the default control binds I am used to on the right half of the controller on the mouse. So, I personally bind crouch to right click and jump to the G502 thumb button. Then between the 4 directional clickwheel and all the other buttons there's still 10 other buttons to remap to whatever.

Mar 5, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #805 of 968
I had bought one of those, not sure if it was the G502 a few months ago but I couldn't get used to the side button layout that's why I'm hoping the stick being in one place and it having 5 inputs worth of actions will be good for me.

I'll let you know.

I did try a different ergo mouse like this in store and really liked the feeling. It feels intuitive. Just gotta see if the analog placement here isn't awkward on my hand.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #809 of 968
I have played with all platforms, and in the past, consoles didn’t have the keyboard and mouse as compatible controllers. Nowadays they are like a PC but with much more games to choose from. I also build PC and so on, but the limited games for PC as a platform is never my take. So, I am with Consoles side. Whatever consoles, their selection of available games are always awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back