Are you a console or PC gamer?
Mar 27, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #497 of 969
  I wonder if I should get another PS3 controller so I can use it on my laptop. (Especially for PlayStation ports from Steam.)

Another good Asian live action movie is Oldboy. Way better than the American remake.

I've seen the Asian Oldboy, I've even read the manga it is based on. A great movie (and a great manga) indeed.

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #498 of 969
Pc gamer if I want to play for real. But I grew up on Playstation so I will always enjoy realaxing with a dualshock in my hand. My favorite video game memories were playing Socom with my friends. That game made a lot of people degenerates myself included.

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #499 of 969
  Yes it seems the days of the old Lan party are pretty much over.

Only if you exclusively play the most recent AAA games, maybe.

Quote:
  I wonder if I should get another PS3 controller so I can use it on my laptop. (Especially for PlayStation ports from Steam.)

Since you're more comfortable with controllers, go for it.  Any controller that uses a USB connection.

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #501 of 969
I've always been both. Most of my gaming is PC these days but I still have my PS3 hooked up in the bedroom, and my SNES, PS2, and Wii in there too to hook up when I want to play those.

Been playing BF1, Overwatch, and Battlerite on PC lately. Finished Vanquish on PS3 recently and I'm playing Nier (the first one) on PS3 now.

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #503 of 969
  Argh. My mouse is hurting my wrist. Are more expensive ones better in this regard?

Not really, it all depends on the shape. $5 mouse might be more comfortable than $100 mouse for some users. What mouse do you use?

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #505 of 969

Just a cheapo Insignia NS-PNC5001.

Choosing a comfortable mouse is not an easy task, it's very difficult to eyeball. Probably the best course of action would be to go to a physical store and try a few of them out. Or simply buy a Cyborg R.A.T as these can be customized to any hand size and shape.

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #506 of 969
  Argh. My mouse is hurting my wrist. Are more expensive ones better in this regard?

I've been using variants of the Logitech MX518 for about 10 years and love them for comfort and ergonomics. The newer ones are the G400 series but they're based off the same model, I think. Usually run about $50. Fairly simple 5-button mouse with on-the-fly DPI buttons, which is more than enough for gaming imo.

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #507 of 969

Choosing a comfortable mouse is not an easy task, it's very difficult to eyeball. Probably the best course of action would be to go to a physical store and try a few of them out. Or simply buy a Cyborg R.A.T as these can be customized to any hand size and shape.

Such customizable mice are indeed a good place to start.  Aside from this, if you can determine which of these (pictures below) is closer to how you prefer to grip the mouse, we can help you choose one better suited for you.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #508 of 969
As a kid I had C64, NES and Sega Megadrive. I got my first PC at my late teens. Have been mostly a PC gamer since. I also play games infrequently with my phone and iPad. The reason I prefer PC over consoles is pretty much listed by Rhamnetin on the first page of this thread.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #509 of 969
I think that even if I transitioned to being a hardcore PC gamer, I'd still use portable consoles. There's something special about playing games in the palm of your hand, so to speak, especially now that they're so much more advanced than they used to be.

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #510 of 969
I do have an Xbone to keep in touch with friends. It's also nice to play from bed when I tire of sitting up. I've also got a 3DS, which is nice for something to do on the can. However, I am primarily a PC gamer. Cheaper games, better quality in graphics and sound, mods, and the potential for emulators. PC gaming is much nicer, but I've nothing against the filthy console peasants (just kidding, yall are great).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back