Are you a Basshead? Or a Treblehead? Or a Midrange head? A Flathead? Or....?
Dec 29, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #61 of 109
Quote:

It's basically a feeling of space around sound elements created by well-extended treble, as well as a sense that the sound isn't capped by a ceiling and is wide open. It usually accompanies a wide, spacious soundstage and good imaging.

ah i see thanks, okay i guess i am an airhead too then
tongue.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #64 of 109
Where is the "Bass light head " ? 
redface.gif
 Mids or Treble boost are ok for me 
tongue.gif
(at least at home , outside a slight bass boost don't hurt)

At home : AD2000 , K702 , DT-48E are my fav headphones , (DT-48E is coming back soon , and i plan later to rebuy K702) .

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #65 of 109
Flathead/EQ tweaker. I don't think its reasonable to expect a headphone to be perfectly linear on its own. But I find that a flat, full-range sound works best, even if I listen to mostly electronic.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #66 of 109
Quote:
It all depends on the genre of music I'm listening to. I would say that if I had to choose it would be midrange with a slight elevation on the bass side.

Sounds like there are some EQ heads out there. I have a 31 band equalizer so I can do whatever the mood suits me. Otherwise, I like bass with a slightly crispy treble.

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #67 of 109
another EQ head here too. using the 250 band eq i normally add subbass, slighly cut midbass, add sparkle to treble if needed, and other things around the spectrum depending on the headphone that i'm tuning. (but a great headphone would still be a much better place to start tuning than an el cheapo 
wink.gif
)

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #75 of 109
I'm an EQ head here. That being said, the right pair of cans is still more important. I listen to nothing but electronic DnB, house, psytrance etc. so I think the music is usually produced with the intention of aggressive bass notes. I usually EQ a slight bump in the 40-100hz region. Bass is a big deal for me but that doesnt mean I dont require great mids and highs. I certainly do. I think that if i listened to any rock or classical music I'd probably EQ the mids and highs to be more forward. The K550s and DT990s are my favorite headphones so far on my journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back