Are we going to talk about these new Beyer/Massdrop 177x?
Jan 8, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #151 of 260
Anyone using a balanced cable with theirs? I’ve been thinking about getting a 3rd party balanced cable for my Fiio Q1 Mk II because the unit is supposed to sound it’s best through the balanced port.

I was gonna wait until Drop announced the cable they’re supposedly working on for this but idk how long that’ll be.

Feb 9, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #152 of 260
I wonder how these will just compared to the Pandas that are going to come out, I was looking into these or the pandas. I will be mainly using for gaming, I want something fun and enjoyable. I'm curious how the two will compare.

Feb 9, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #153 of 260
I wonder how these will just compared to the Pandas that are going to come out, I was looking into these or the pandas. I will be mainly using for gaming, I want something fun and enjoyable. I'm curious how the two will compare.
Me too. The Panda is certainly interesting, although reviews seem to be mixed. If it’s based on the PM3 I don’t know if I’d be smitten; that headphone has been described as dark with a closed in stage.

I remain curious for the Panda and might plunge for it, but I’m not doing it until it’s been officially released and more reviews come out. I’m particularly curious to see how it compares to the Mobius.

It’s nice to see the 177X back in stock; I was wondering if Drop gave up on it to focus on bigger sellers and the Panda’s impending launch.

Feb 9, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #154 of 260
If you're looking for something fun, I'd probably reach for whichever has more warmth. I don't think either is going to offer a whole lot of it.

Feb 9, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #155 of 260
I looked at the measurements for the Panda and it has quite a bit of midbass, leading me to believe it’ll be a bit on the warm side; add to that the PM3 had a kind of a rolled off treble.

I don’t game really (at least I don’t use headphones when I play video games), the 177X should be a good choice because it images well and has a good soundstage.

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #156 of 260
Ya I went ahead and got them off of drop, the panda is a bit aways from shipping. I did like the DT 770 80ohm and the 177x seem similar but slightly warmer. If I end up not liking them I can get back close to what I paided.

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #160 of 260
Just cancelled my Panda order for these. I had the PM3's before and they weren't my cup of tea. I've never owned any Beyer's so I'm hyped!
I think you’ll like em, especially if it’s your first Beyer. As I’ve mentioned before, the treble can sound a bit dry/rough but compared to other Beyers, it’ll sound like an HD650! Much less bright.

On my end, I am very curious about the Panda as I never heard the PM3 but yeah, I don’t think I would like them; I’ve heard they’re rather cold and boring with a small soundstage. I might consider it when more reviews come out.

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #161 of 260
I think you’ll like em, especially if it’s your first Beyer. As I’ve mentioned before, the treble can sound a bit dry/rough but compared to other Beyers, it’ll sound like an HD650! Much less bright.

On my end, I am very curious about the Panda as I never heard the PM3 but yeah, I don’t think I would like them; I’ve heard they’re rather cold and boring with a small soundstage. I might consider it when more reviews come out.
Drop designers warmed them up a bit. So they should be slightly North of boring at least. I don't typically like Z's sound demos, but this one turned out alright. Hopefully they have enough dynamics to keep it entertaining.

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #162 of 260
Drop designers warmed them up a bit. So they should be slightly North of boring at least. I don't typically like Z's sound demos, but this one turned out alright. Hopefully they have enough dynamics to keep it entertaining.
I find them to be pretty dynamic :) The DYNAMIC in their name has to mean something, right?

Feb 11, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #165 of 260
I’m no too worried about them sounding dark as I prefer that. The PM3 were good sounding but a bit too polite. They also didn’t have the kind of bass I prefer. Everything I’ve read about the 177X lead me to believe they’re exactly what I’m looking for in an Office headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back