Are these headphones fake? Sony MDR-7506
Dec 20, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #76 of 84

Quote:
I just got a pair in the mail from amazon everything on the box looks legit but the sony logo on the carry bag isnt white. Also they dont seem to clamp very tight. Is it possible to get fakes from amazon?

Yes.

Also, look at the detents on the metal band that connect the earcups to the headband.  Do the numbers more or less line up with the lines (authentic)?  Or are the numbers in between the lines (fake)?  And is there a bar code on the box?  My fakes didn't have one.

My fakes clamped a lot less tightly than the real ones too, btw.

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #77 of 84
The numbers did line up pretty well (not perfect). Is the barcode printed on the box or is it a sticker? Mine had a barcode sticker on the clear outer box. Also the supplied bag does'nt have the white sony logo.

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #78 of 84
I remember a comparison between fakes and legits and the poster stated that the fakes did not clamp nearly as well as the legits. Also, if it doesn't have the white sony logo on the bag as well, I would assume they are counterfeit and would return them ASAP.

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #79 of 84

Quote:
The numbers did line up pretty well (not perfect). Is the barcode printed on the box or is it a sticker? Mine had a barcode sticker on the clear outer box. Also the supplied bag does'nt have the white sony logo.

I wonder if they are (ahem) getting better at making the fakes?

The bar code was on the blue box itself.  Not a sticker:

Top is real, bottom is fake.

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #80 of 84
Just sent them back to amazon. The customer service did seem to care they were selling fake products. Can you guys reccommend  somewhere else to order these heaphones?

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #82 of 84
I just got mine from Buy.com.

1. The carrying bag logo is not white but "stamped" in black.
2. The card box has an sticker with barcodes.
3. The Sony Monitor logo on top of the head band is at an angle.
4. The numbers match the indents on the sides.
5. No glue around the blue/red side emblems.
6. The fabric on the driver covers has left to right seams.
7. The coiled cord was inside a plastic bag with yellow tape used to seal it.

To me the weirdest items is number 3 above. I will contact Buy.com to have them look into this. Thanks.

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #84 of 84
I don't know where to best post this.

The V6's and 7506's were discontinued, I believe, in Japan, and now taoBao in China is flooded with $15 to $30 copies of these. Seems they moved production to China, or someone bought up the tool and die.

That's good, but the quality issue will now be forever unknown as the market is overwhelmed with cheap clones made in China.

Looks as though the time to buy a pair of these has passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back