Are the Sony V6 the best budget
Jun 30, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #17 of 21
Also - check your local craigsist for headphones every now and then. Last night I randomly was doing a craigslist search for headphones and came across someone selling a great condition (besides ear pads) mdr-v6 for $25. I bought them today, and they are as described. good luck finding some for a good price , i bet you will be able to

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #19 of 21
Just received my V6's today ($30 used off ebay)... and let me just say, my HD-25's might just go in the FS forum. These far exceeded my expectations. They're balanced across the board and beat out my M50's IMHO. I feel like the music reproduction is like a wide-open window -very clear and it can handle any genre beautifully. 
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

Edit: And I don't think they're just good for the money. They deserve more credit than that.

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #20 of 21

Quote:
Just received my V6's today ($30 used off ebay)... and let me just say, my HD-25's might just go in the FS forum. These far exceeded my expectations. They're balanced across the board and beat out my M50's IMHO. I feel like the music reproduction is like a wide-open window -very clear and it can handle any genre beautifully. 
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

Edit: And I don't think they're just good for the money. They deserve more credit than that.

I always love to see the V6's get their share of love. They really are a fantastic set of headphones, and some of my favorite of all time. I, too, prefer the V6's to the HD-25's and M50's.

However, I find that when amped, I don't like them nearly as much as I like them unamped, which is a little weird.

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #21 of 21

Quote:

I always love to see the V6's get their share of love. They really are a fantastic set of headphones, and some of my favorite of all time. I, too, prefer the V6's to the HD-25's and M50's.

However, I find that when amped, I don't like them nearly as much as I like them unamped, which is a little weird.

Interesting, I still have to try them amped with my P 51. I do love them indeed though. They're also the most comfortable headphones I've ever had (besides my KSC75's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back