are the k701's for me?
Apr 29, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well said. I prefer the K701, but I'd have to say that the DT880 has the most impressive soundstage I've ever heard - as if the instruments were at a discrete distance, giving them elegance; moreover, the comfort is notably better. How can you possibly go wrong with either?

well, I listen to a decent amount of different music, like all types of rock, vocals, acoustical, some classical. I've heard the k701 is a good all arounder but is there a different can better for these genres? or maybe I should just keep my dt880's

Apr 29, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by XENOPHOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, I listen to a decent amount of different music, like all types of rock, vocals, acoustical, some classical. I've heard the k701 is a good all arounder but is there a different can better for these genres? or maybe I should just keep my dt880's

I think that's the K701's greatest asset: it sounds good with all genres. I used to need two cans, Grado SR-325 (rock) & K501 (classical), both better with its respective genre in some ways than the K701 but overall just not nearly as good.

--Chris

Apr 30, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #18 of 21
can someone like make a pros and cons list of the two cans, because part of me wants to keep it but then the other part wants to sell it and get the k701. and if any of you had this debate, could I get your input on why you chose the one you did?

Apr 30, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by XENOPHOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't rule out the K601.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back