Are the iNEARCUSTOM'S Custom Shure SE215 worth it vs universal-fit IEMs in that price range?
Mar 29, 2013 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

NDat

New Head-Fier
I recently lost my pair of SE215's, so I'm looking for something new.
Are the custom reshells really worth the extra 150$?
Or is there an alternative pair of Universal-Fit IEMs around the price range (<250$) that would be more ideal?

http://www.inearcustom.com/index.php/we-customize-your-existing-shure-se-in-ear-monitors/we-customize-your-existing-shure-se215-in-ear-monitors-81.html

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 11
I think your paying for shure 215 + the custom work.

Mar 29, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
I think your paying for shure 215 + the custom work.

I understand that. I'm wondering if it's worth the custom vs just a universal-fit iem at the same price.

Mar 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 11
215's are really not worth reshelling unless you're planning on adding extra drivers, which would probably be unlikely.

You could try getting the 425s, but they're a little bit out of your price range ($299.99 on Amazon).

Another option is to buy a new pair of TripleFi.10s which are $229 or so from Amazon as well.

Mar 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 11
They seem to offer reshelled Triple.fi 10s on ebay for $350.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WE-provide-NEW-Ultimate-Ears-Triple-Fi-10-TF10-and-Customize-them-for-you-/181109697693?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2a2afaac9d

That seems like a much better deal than the reshelled SE215s if you can swing it.

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

I understand that. I'm wondering if it's worth the custom vs just a universal-fit iem at the same price.

To be honest, the reshell probably won't change the iem sonically. Even if it does, it isn't much of a difference. If fit is a problem for you, then going custom is the way. If not, at that price, it's probably wiser to just get universal fit iems.

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #8 of 11
Has anyone bought a pair of phones from these guys? I really want to try them for converting my Shure e3c to something molded.

Any help or thoughts of other alternative companies would be great.

Thanks!

Sep 19, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #9 of 11
There was a huge thread with a lot of us expressing our thoughts on the company, for some reason I can't get it to open, but a LOT of us were quite unhappy with the customer service as well as the finished product.

I actually ended up just throwing mine away rather than attempt to resolve the issues with inearcustom.

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #11 of 11
I had Rob at inearcustom re-shell 3 pairs for me, UE triple-fi's, UE 900's and JH5's. He did an excellent job and there is no comparison with universal's to custom fitted.Not to mention way less hassel, once thier in, thier in! You wont find a better deal on re-shelling anywhere period. Only downside is that inearcustom doesnt offer alot of specialty artwork. But who wants to pay $100 bucks for carbon fiber or brushed metal anyway. Trust me, wherever you decide to go to have them re-shelled, once you get them back you wont wanna take them outta your ears. Its like night and day, in my opinion anyway! I also have a pair of JH16 pro's that I had Unique Melodies re-shell. I will admit that UM made them a little deeper in the ear and they do seem to be more isolating than inearcustom's but once I crank up the sound its hard to tell the difference. The turn arounds a killer, 30 to 60 days, UM maybe even longer sisnce they are in AUS, But I dig them all and I use them all for different things and I completely happy I had them done. I have 1 more pair to get re-shelled, I aquired Duffy's(I have no idea who Duffy is, lol) UEpro10's and a UEpro 1, which is a single ear monitor. Im addicted, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back