Are good IEMs also good for movies?
Aug 8, 2011 at 7:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ammarmalik

New Head-Fier
That's basically my question. I'm looking to buy something for music and movies. Music on my cellphone with a FiiO E5 and movies on my PC with a X-Fi sound card. I already have Sony MDR-V6 and they're fantastic. My only problem is that they're not really that portable and I cant wear them to sleep. So I'm looking to swap them for IEM's in the range of ~200$.

Now I know that something like Shure 315 or UE Triple.Fi or  Westone 2 are pretty awesome for music needs but are they also equally good for movies?? Because if they arnt then I don't want to waste money paying for them and selling my V6

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #2 of 6
I've used SoundMagic PL-50 coupled with a iBasso D10 amp for a couple of years to watch DVD's while riding my trainer in the winter.  They work well and are comfortable.

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #3 of 6
The IEMs with wide soundstage, great mids, highs and punchy bass will work better for both like EX600, GR07, Radius DDM, Westone 2, Sennheiser IE7 and MTP Gold.

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #6 of 6
Didn't see the $200 budget. Still you can try looking for cheap second hand ie8s 
tongue.gif
... much better than getting new ones cos already burned-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back