Are expensive headphones worth it?
Aug 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #47 of 139

Quote:
From personal experience, I'd have to disagree. I listen to top40 stuff all the time on my Stax, it sounds great.

Eh, to each their own. But that's the thing about headphones, your mileage will vary based on your own perceptions. I know plenty of people who think Dre Beats are the final word in headphones. They're obviously wrong, but for them it's true.

Even if they're wrong.

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #49 of 139
Quite a vague post MalVeaux =p

Which $50 headphones can compare to your PRO 900 or SRH-940? I'm taking that with some salt.

you'll be surprised what you can find for 50 bucks.

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #53 of 139
A hooker?

i don't know. maybe if your lucky she be pretty good but that's pushing it....

lol,anyways naw. if you get around a lot and visit lot trading posts,goodwills,thrift stores,some online researching,ect. you can get killer deals especially if you have a vast knowledge of the gear your looking for. i found speakers,tape decks,amps,ect. i paid less then 10 bucks for worth hundreds of dollars selling on ebay or craigslist. you be surprise what people throw away or get rid of without knowing. there is a downside tho sometimes. it's not always in good working condition or cosmetic condition but if you know how to clean it up and get it working good it'll become a nice piece for some really good profit or personal collection.

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #55 of 139

Quote:
I think the OP should just get a Denon D2000 and find out for himself how much it crushes a $50 headphone.

I ended up getting the Denon 5000's instead because they were on sale at the time on amazon for $399.00 and the 2000s were like 355.00. So I figured it was worth the extra 50 for the wood and improved sound. I'm honestly not even looking into anymore full sizers unless its the LCD-2. Maybe even the HD650 as I love my IE8s so much.

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #56 of 139

Quote:
It helps if you cover up the BRAND of your new headphone as well since 90% of people are advertising suckers.

lol the same concept applies for ipod as well. I must admit they do have decent products though but in reality its mostly hype in my opinion. Eventually their reign will end, not sure if everyone is gonna keep going back to get robbed.

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #60 of 139

Quote:
Respect for authorities or manufacturers are often misplaced, as for Denon -> http://www.lawtonaudio.com/page20.html

I don't get it. Why did you link a website that's trying to make money by saying its mods make the D7000 so much better. Obviously, it's not gonna say, "the D7000 is absolutely stunning, but our mod, which can cost you more than what you paid for the D7000 itself, will make your D7000 a little bit better." It's gonna say just how amazing the mod is.
Really, I don't get it. Not trying to attack. Asking why you posted this. I don't see the relation to the misplaced respect here.

Quote:
you'll be surprised what you can find for 50 bucks.

Instead of saying this, you could try to be specific and offer examples. You're just making a generic claim...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back