Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Apr 28, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #46 of 908
Ok, so I got my 4-pin XLR -> 3.5mm OFC cable and while it works with my Arya it does not work with my Sony Z7. If I unplug the cable less than halfway I do hear sound though.

Both have a 3.5mm connector so this is very frustrating. Anyone know why this would be happening?

Edit- adding photo

DSC_1289.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #48 of 908
Obviously because the Sony Z7/Z1R inner wiring is different. Have you tried connecting the Arya's stock cable to the Z7? because it won't work either... The cable is fine if you bought it for your Arya's in the first place.
Oh what a bummer. I would've assumed a simple TRS connection would've been the same pole-wise. I'll try your test later tonight, thanks for the response.

Apr 28, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #49 of 908
Oh what a bummer. I would've assumed a simple TRS connection would've been the same pole-wise. I'll try your test later tonight, thanks for the response.
I know for sure that the wiring is different in the Sony and i advice you not to try - just in case not to cause any damage to the amp section. Find an Ohm Meter (Multimeter) and test Power Cord Continuity. Compare it with the original Sony cable.
upload_2019-4-28_19-10-13.png

May 17, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #50 of 908
I'm a long time Arctic Cables customer and I've been nagging Roy about a new cable for my LCD2... no make that Ether flow ... no wait Elegia ... no ok you know what Stellia! And Roy, what if I send my current cables back to you, can you merge them into 1 cable? 2x 4core up-occ neotech.
He agreed and I sent the cables back in march. He noted it would take some time in the end it was around 7 weeks, but worth it! In the mean time I was swearing around about the stock focal cables for bloody 3k euro they can invest in better, more human friendly cables! but oh well ... I didn't pay anything except for the original cables and shipping ofc. No dime for all the time and labour that went into making this new cable. If I talk cables I talk Arctic Cables.

May 28, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #52 of 908
Hey guys,

Just bought my 4th Arctic Cable from Roy. This time it was the 8-Core OFC cable using 2x Mogami 2534 microphone cables. The cables are impeccably made and I love the soft paracord covers for the cables. The most amazing thing is that the cable is incredibly thin and flexible, considering that it contains 8 conductors of 24awg wire.

Roy is a pleasure to deal with and he provides excellent customer service. He answers emails promptly and has always delivered the cables on or before schedule. Here is a photo of the cable, below:

IMG_2243[1].JPG

May 30, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #53 of 908
Roy's new TOTL 8-Core Neotech UP-OCC Pure Silver 7N LT-6 cable.

IMG_20190530_164650.jpg

May 30, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #54 of 908
May 31, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #55 of 908
Jun 5, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #56 of 908
After running across Arctic recently while researching cables. I placed an order for an adapter. I’ve been dealing with another cable company for months and am not getting what I ordered, so I am looking forward to seeing an Arctic cable and enjoy some music.

Jun 14, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #57 of 908
Does someone mind sharing Roy's contact details with me? I'd rather avoid eBay if possible. PM is fine - thanks.

Edit: don't worry about it. I found the contact details. These cables look great - think I'll order the 2.5 mm for my headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back