Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Sep 27, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #16 of 903
Hi! I am a new member and just post my first discussion here after my introduction.
I am not sure if my photos are correctly posted in the above posting. I can see those photos from my computer but not sure if they are posted successfully?
Could someone kindly check and let me know in case I need to re-do the photos.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Rob
Your first image is not showing. The other two showing fine.

Jan 21, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #19 of 903
Edit: nevermind, he got back to me a few hours after my original post. He got hit with a huge number of orders and has been doing his best to get through his build queue and ebay messages/emails.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #20 of 903
only negative I can point out on artic cable dude on ebay is that the paracord sheath is loosely fitting over the actual cable so I can squeeze with my fingertips and tell the outer shell is lot bigger than wire inside.

Jan 25, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #21 of 903
delete

Attachments

• 20190125_161554.jpg
    20190125_161554.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #22 of 903
IMG_0884.jpg
I have 30 or so cables myself. the one from articcable is neotech. It is pretty thin, light and durable. I have some braided cables I like better.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #24 of 903
Got these the other day from Arctic Cable. These are the Mogami 2534 cable for the Focal Clear that they offer. The workmanship is top notch-- no sloppiness or carelessness, here. Fantastic and responsive customer service, as well. I will definitely order other cables through them. Prices are fair for the high quality of product that you are getting. One of the things I like the most, is that you know exactly what type of cable and what brand you are getting, as opposed to most places where they give their cable a fancy name, cover it in techflex, and charge you $500/foot for lamp cord. I really like their no nonsense approach to cables. The cables are well-made with no unnecessary bells and whistles.

The sound of the Mogami is essentially neutral. I would recommend the cable highly if you aren't looking to change anything about your headphone's sound signature. All in all, a well-made cable for a fair price.

IMG_2081[1].JPG

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #26 of 903
I've been happy with mine. The overall feel and quality is excellent.

The only complaint I have is that it's very microphonic. Especially the tech flex covering cable from the splitter to the headphone. If I have another made for a different pair of headphones I'd request that he doesn't cover those cables and leave them bare or use different fabric/material. The cable I have for my Elears from Venus audio is like that and there are zero microphonics.

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #28 of 903
Strange, I have a few cables from them with no microphonics. The split wires as the main cable is covered with a very soft fabric material.
You should contact Roy from AC and I'm sure he will look at your cable and investigate, he's a really nice guy.

I could but I've had the cable since early February. It's worth an email anyways but I'd still feel bad about it. I figured that was just the way it was and I'd get used to it.

I am using the cable with Mr. Speaker Aeon Flow Closed, so it could have something to do with the headphone being closed and/or the Mr. Speakers connector. I found the stock cable to also be rather microphonic.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #30 of 903
I've recently reached out to Roy of Arctic Cables as I was interested in the Neotech Cables for the Hifiman HE6SE. My special request for the headphone cable termination in 4 pin XLR + XLR to 1/4" adapter + XLR to 4 banana plugs were accepted without question and even came with suggested design terminations as well as recommended lengths. Quotations were provided promptly while payment and order confirmation went flawlessly. Would definitely recommend anyone interested in aftermarket cables to consider Arctic Cables for their impeccable product quality and workmanship. You definitely get what you paid for and more.

Product: Neotech 8 core HE6SE headphone cables + 1/4" and speaker taps adapters
Look and Feel: Compared to the crappy medical grade rubberish sleeved stock cables, these Neotech cables are so much better in terms of comfort, feel and storage. Soft to the touch with solid terminations
Sound: Slight improvement on clarity with better imaging and slightly wider soundstage. Also sounds a bit more holographic with better details in the height and depth of the soundstage.
Bonus: The cables come delivered in a very nice hand stitched leather jacket (A4 sized)

*Disclaimer: I'm a terrible photographer hahaha The following pictures don't do the actual much justice.
P_20190407_205932_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20190407_210027_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20190407_210214_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back