aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Sep 29, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #1,621 of 2,097
1411 kbps uncompressed. Obviously there's absolutely no reason to stream uncompressed audio other Bluetooth.

EDR is 3 Mbps. 1200 kbps is less than 3 Mbps. How reliable this will be in a noisy RF environment is another story. Thankfully, there's QHS, which is up to 6 Mbps, and it's definitely good for almost 2 Mbps in most cases.
yes 1411 is uncompressed 44.1/16bit, but it is compressed 24 bit.

EDR and OHS is theoretical for music devices and headphones right now and there is no real data on it.

My point of the post was people in here are demanding 24bit and yet are compressing the crap out of it then saying ohh but I hear the difference . Its laughable. People have no clue about the science of audio and the human body and hearing capabilities, but Im not allowed to get into that here. Enjoy your fantasies. Ill leave with that.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #1,623 of 2,097
My point of the post was people in here are demanding 24bit and yet are compressing the crap out of it then saying ohh but I hear the difference . Its laughable. People have no clue about the science of audio and the human body and hearing capabilities, but Im not allowed to get into that here. Enjoy your fantasies. Ill leave with that.
It has nothing to do with audio science and human hearing. We all saw and read Monty Montgomery articles. It's about manufacturers being transparent to consumers about what they advertise and what you actually get. If I pay for something that doesn't work, it should be visible to the community and to the manufacturers and they have to take appropriate actions. It doesn't matter you can't hear difference between 16bit/24bit. It's on the paper, I want it to be functional. If not, don't advertise it. That's it.

Sep 29, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #1,624 of 2,097
I found this Amazon review here on an supposedly 5.3 BT aptx adaptive supported Called:
1Mii Bluetooth 5.3 Transmitter Receiver for TV to Headphones

The reviewer called thanos mentioned pretty much the same issues I noticed with all my BT transmitters and receivers devices from aliexpress/China over the last few pages.

-There either re-brands or Chinese labeled
-Not even BT 5.3 as advertised but 5.0 or 5.2
-Not able to change BT codecs (no button even) and sometimes won't fully work even if listed
-Device Auto sleeps..... while listening to TV/music forcing you to constantly power down the device and re-power it back up via on/off button
-Rather then working with example aptx adaptive, its like a fake connection since it actually increases latency and makes it worse then it was.
-Signals drop or BT connection cuts out
-Audio cut outs

Basically be careful when buying these products from the likes of 1Mii, Fiio, eppfun and ones with batteries in them(chargeable), I would not be surprised if there are many other products on the market that end up with the same issues I noticed.

Probably the only thing reliable so far from China (at least their trying) is the USB K8/K9 series dongles!

Oct 3, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #1,625 of 2,097
Was considering to try the Arylic B50 BT transmitter/Receiver, tad pricey @ £130 but then checked YT reviews and first video mentioned this at 1.59 point into the video.

Basically he said the same issue I was having with most of my BT dongles and devices.... your listening to your BT headphones TV or Music and the device just goes to sleep....

No app/firmware or option to switch off Auto off or energy saving also.

So again by all means check your usage case or buy with a good return policy, but imo I don't recommend the Arylic B50, not if it randomly goes to sleep.

I don't think these manufacturers bothered to test their actual products if their working for more then 5 minutes frankly.

Oct 3, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #1,627 of 2,097
Got my email response from Creative regarding their new BT dongles the Creative BT-L3 and L4 which support LC3/LC3+ Codecs due out very soon.

Thank you for your patience with us.

Please be informed that Creative BT-L3 work with the USB Host port on Sound Blaster X5.

If you require further assistance, please reply to this email and we will get back to you.

Regards,
Rosy
Creative Labs Pte Ltd
Worldwide Customer Response

So you should be able to pair their new BT Usb dongle range into the X5, its possible its also compatible with other type devices (Mobiles, Consoles, NVIDIA Shield, etc)
but again not 100% verified.

Oct 3, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #1,628 of 2,097
There seems to be some contradiction in the info/specs and the little video on Amazon, does it have aptX Adaptive or is aptX HD the highest?

Yeah that threw me off also

https://www.arylic.com/products/b50-bluetooth-stereo-amplifier

specs do mention this:

Bluetooth Codec
TX: aptX HD, aptX, aptX AD, aptX LL, AAC, SBC
RX: aptX HD, aptX, aptX AD, AAC, SBC

But I did see one YT reviewer mention he was not able to figure out how to set it to aptX adaptive and that it kept auto selecting aptX HD only, so its the same
BT issues as many devices have again.

The description on their website mentions few times can do aptX HD to 2 headphones so am guessing its more aptx hd just can't be sure.

Also you can't use it as a BT receiver (say mobile phone BT connected to it) and transmitter at same time, only via the optical in/rca etc

Oct 3, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #1,629 of 2,097
So, I just measured the latency of the KB9P dongle and for aptx LL it has ~50ms to FiiO BTR3.
Now I tested aptx adaptive to a Mark Levinson 5909 and it does not make a difference whether its in gaming mode or not, it always has a latency of ~115 ms.
Quite the disappointment considering they advertise aptx adaptive as having down to 80ms latency. Does anybody get better results with the 5909?

It's a shame they discontinued aptx LL, what a downgrade aptx adaptive is in that regard.
And there is still no microphone return channel in sight with proper audio quality both ways. Is it really 2023???

Qualcomm’s QCC3086 chipset uses the LE Audio LC3 Bluetooth codec

Pretty good read on that article above, sounds like with these newer chipsets and LE Audio/LC3, gamers/movie watchers can finally work properly, somewhat going back to my TV lipsync issue.

If that guy was able to play games and notice no lag as he pulled the trigger on his gun and they are able to select separate audio streams lag free from 3 different BT connected devices, hopefully LE audio/LC3 delivers and its not hype.

I am still waiting for Creative to email me back on any information on their new LE Audio/LC3 BT-L3 usb dongle, not sure what chipset it uses.

Seems like I was wrong, there is hope for low latency over Bluetooth in 2023!

Just ordered the new QuietComfort Ultra (BT LE Audio Ready) and the Creative Zen Hybrid Pro Classic (mainly for the BT-L3 adapter). Exciting times, will report back with latency reports.

I also found this article: https://www.techradar.com/audio/thi...next-gen-bluetooth-for-the-new-era-of-earbuds

Oct 4, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #1,630 of 2,097
Seems like I was wrong, there is hope for low latency over Bluetooth in 2023!

Just ordered the new QuietComfort Ultra (BT LE Audio Ready) and the Creative Zen Hybrid Pro Classic (mainly for the BT-L3 adapter). Exciting times, will report back with latency reports.

I also found this article: https://www.techradar.com/audio/thi...next-gen-bluetooth-for-the-new-era-of-earbuds

Yes its pretty poor and that is part of the codec mayhem or codec wars past decade, they made such a good BT codec standard then dropped it with Adaptive codec which doesn't even go as low latency as the old one, so one step up and 2 steps down. And manufactures with BT devices are still releasing products today with adaptive LL support...not adaptive just to make matters more confusing, I recently made this comment to Avantree.

Thanks for those Mark Levinson 5909 latency test numbers, I suspect the B&W PX8 is similar will try that soon but I already know from my early testing the PX8s are probably going back just far too many disconnections, snap/crackling and the rest of BT misery problems but I will re-test it once I get my Avantree Relay 5.3 aptx adaptive Dongle....that's if it even works!

I had my eye on the Bose QuietComfort how did you find out it supports BT LE ready? The specs here only say
  • Codecs: Low Complexity Subband Coding (SBC) and Advanced Audio Coding (AAC)

Oct 4, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #1,631 of 2,097
Yes its pretty poor and that is part of the codec mayhem or codec wars past decade, they made such a good BT codec standard then dropped it with Adaptive codec which doesn't even go as low latency as the old one, so one step up and 2 steps down. And manufactures with BT devices are still releasing products today with adaptive LL support...not adaptive just to make matters more confusing, I recently made this comment to Avantree.

Thanks for those Mark Levinson 5909 latency test numbers, I suspect the B&W PX8 is similar will try that soon but I already know from my early testing the PX8s are probably going back just far too many disconnections, snap/crackling and the rest of BT misery problems but I will re-test it once I get my Avantree Relay 5.3 aptx adaptive Dongle....that's if it even works!

I had my eye on the Bose QuietComfort how did you find out it supports BT LE ready? The specs here only say
  • Codecs: Low Complexity Subband Coding (SBC) and Advanced Audio Coding (AAC)

Yeah, the official page, as is usual with BT headphones, is again very lacking in specifics, I have the info from these links:

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/bo...adphones-quietcomfort-ultra-earbuds-hands-on/

Both the Ultra models are LE Audio ready, which means they can be upgraded via a firmware update to include LE Audio features such as Auracast that would allow you to tune into audio broadcasts over Bluetooth, say from a TV at your gym. The LE Audio standard also includes support for the LC3 audio codec.

Of course, it may not be supported right away, so maybe the support will never come (...) but the QuietComfort Ultra are also "Snapdragon Sound" certified, which is also an indicator that BT LE Audio is (or will be) supported:

https://www.aptx.com/products/bose-quietcomfort-ultra-headphones

https://www.bose.com/pressroom/bose-announces-new-quietcomfort-ultra-headphones-and-earbuds

Both the QuietComfort Ultra Headphones and QuietComfort Ultra Earbuds feature Snapdragon Sound™ Technology Suite, enabling support for the latest Qualcomm® aptX Adaptive codec for audio streaming — including lossless and low latency capabilities.

Oct 4, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #1,632 of 2,097
Yeah, the official page, as is usual with BT headphones, is again very lacking in specifics, I have the info from these links:

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/bo...adphones-quietcomfort-ultra-earbuds-hands-on/

Of course, it may not be supported right away, so maybe the support will never come (...) but the QuietComfort Ultra are also "Snapdragon Sound" certified, which is also an indicator that BT LE Audio is (or will be) supported:

https://www.aptx.com/products/bose-quietcomfort-ultra-headphones

https://www.bose.com/pressroom/bose-announces-new-quietcomfort-ultra-headphones-and-earbuds

thanks was just reading same link as you posted, hopefully that firmware comes soon. Nice to see a head phone manufacturer releasing a product with up to date specs for once.

Pretty sure these B&W PX8s are heading back for a refund, lovely sound quality but I just need working at this point I was also going to order off those Creative Zen Hybrid Pro Classics while they got the 20% discount offer they also got a 30 day trial so might as well take advantage of it.

Are you using the nullvoxpopuli latency checker website to get those latency numbers?

Oct 4, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #1,633 of 2,097
thanks was just reading same link as you posted, hopefully that firmware comes soon. Nice to see a head phone manufacturer releasing a product with up to date specs for once.

Pretty sure these B&W PX8s are heading back for a refund, lovely sound quality but I just need working at this point I was also going to order off those Creative Zen Hybrid Pro Classics while they got the 20% discount offer they also got a 30 day trial so might as well take advantage of it.

Are you using the nullvoxpopuli latency checker website to get those latency numbers?

Does LE and LC3 actually improve sound quality?

https://www.whathifi.com/features/w...ill-not-repeat-not-improve-your-sound-quality

Oct 4, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #1,635 of 2,097

Yup I saw that article and fair points he could be right, I don't want to jump the gun and say LE/LC3/LC3+ are going to fix anything at this point but it sounds like a step in the right direction at least.

There is another article somewhere saying its hype too, but when he tested it he suggested he was not sure if it was using the right codec even since no way to confirm it.

The article I linked from android authority actually tested it a bit better during gaming session and noticed 19ms so when he fired his gun it was instant, so fingers crossed.

Should find out in the nxt few weeks from people getting LE/LC3/LC3+ enabled BT devices and dongles so real world test will show if its any good.

There is a rumor Android 14 release is coming out tomorrow, it may support LE/LC3 also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back