aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Sep 6, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #1,531 of 2,091
Thanks sharing!

Besides the difference in transmission rate , which one you think sound better among w5 and 600?Thanks

No noticeable difference to me, but I wouldn't expect any with the same codec and bitrate. A/B comparisons are simply too difficult when you have to volume match and change gear around and I don't have the patience.

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #1,533 of 2,091
Sorry im new to this Bluetooth thing

What i want is to listen to my music at the highest possible quality as possible

Im using Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 which only supports
SBC
APTX (normal)
AAC
LDAC

And im listening to music in my car which have A Helix DSP thats support
SBC
AAC
APTX
APTX HD

So currently the best possible connection between them is APTX (normal) ? Am i right ?

so im thinking to buy a Bluetooth dongle for the samsung phone that have usb c connection
Like the creative BT-W5
Or is there any better option out there ?

And also im not familiar with UAPP app
As I normally listen to apple music hi-res loseless

Thank you

Sep 6, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #1,534 of 2,091
Well, it seems Apples Hi-Res is the same as Aamon HD so up to 24/192k so you are going to be limited to 24/96 over BT via LDAC or aptX Adaptive for now till that pair or 24/19k earbuds come out (I posted link a while back) and some USB Dongle that does the same.

Sep 6, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #1,535 of 2,091
Well, it seems Apples Hi-Res is the same as Aamon HD so up to 24/192k so you are going to be limited to 24/96 over BT via LDAC or aptX Adaptive for now till that pair or 24/19k earbuds come out (I posted link a while back) and some USB Dongle that does the same.
I see
But the dsp in my car only supports aptx HD

Anyway, anyone here using the bt-w5 with their samsung phones ? im wondering about the compability and battery consumption

Sep 7, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #1,536 of 2,091
Honestly, IMO, you will not tell the difference with the noise around in your car during commute. Unless you're somewhere quiet (parked, in a country or something).

Sep 7, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #1,537 of 2,091
To answer my question I found this cool product Arylic BP50 Bluetooth preamp. This preamplifier can act as bluetooth transceiver and support aptx HD, LL, adaptive in both directions. There is big BUT. It supports only 48/16 on output, also is aptx adaptive 48/16 which is pity. I emailed manufacturer and he confirmed this Otherwise it would be very interesting device. Maybe future updates will change something but I don't think so.

Sep 7, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #1,538 of 2,091
I bought the BT-W4 recently and audio is pretty choppy on my PS4 with my Audeze Maxwell (the official dongle grew legs & walked off - it'll come back soon I hope).

I don't know why I went W4 over W5; I think I saw some dumb video telling me that W4 > W5 for PlayStation use & jad a brain fart - maybe that ****ing useless mic they included!? . Also it won't allow for the Maxwell's mic input on the PS5.

I have a better audio connection over the W4 with the Bluetooth built in to my (new/top of the range) Samsung TV that works perfectly well with my Maxwell's or a Qualidex 5k/ifi Go Blu.

I already have an Antlion Bluetooth magnetic clip on mic on the way, which would be a long winded way to fix this if didn't already have another use for this (this was not the reason I ordered it. I can't even remember what that was now 😅)

Sep 8, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #1,541 of 2,091
Sorry, its a PS5 - same difference?

2.4 is standard for dongles, no? Should the W4 be allowing input as well as output?

Is the W5 potentially going to be better for PS5 in any case?

Thanks
yeah, just a best guess, if the PS5 happens to be running on 2.4ghz WiFi right next to a Bluetooth dongle I'd imagine some issues. I've even turned 2.4 off on my router completely for LDAC.

sorry don't know much of the btw5

Sep 9, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #1,542 of 2,091
yeah, just a best guess, if the PS5 happens to be running on 2.4ghz WiFi right next to a Bluetooth dongle I'd imagine some issues. I've even turned 2.4 off on my router completely for LDAC.

sorry don't know much of the btw5
Ok, it is indeed running neck to to another dongle which is 2.4hz which is for the Victrix Pro BFG controller (which is only used for Street Fighter, so doesn't need to be on all the time). Do I just take this out or is there anything else to do as far as PS5 goes?

Do you get mic in as well as audio output with a headset via the W4?

The router thing... ergh... no idea..

Don't suppose you know why the W4 is supposed to be better than the PS5?

Many thanks in advance.

Sep 9, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #1,543 of 2,091
Ok, it is indeed running neck to to another dongle which is 2.4hz which is for the Victrix Pro BFG controller (which is only used for Street Fighter, so doesn't need to be on all the time). Do I just take this out or is there anything else to do as far as PS5 goes?

Do you get mic in as well as audio output with a headset via the W4?

The router thing... ergh... no idea..

Don't suppose you know why the W4 is supposed to be better than the PS5?

Many thanks in advance.
system settings for the PS5 and check which WiFi it's on, if it's running on 2.4 instead of 5ghz that would probably be all you need to change. don't worry about the router itself, just get your devices off of 2.4ghz and onto 5ghz when possible

don't think a controller would use enough bandwidth, but I don't know for sure.
haven't touched the Mic input, but I think that is a console selling point

Sep 10, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #1,545 of 2,091
I don't know why I went W4 over W5; I think I saw some dumb video telling me that W4 > W5 for PlayStation use & jad a brain fart - maybe that ****ing useless mic they included!? . Also it won't allow for the Maxwell's mic input on the PS5.

Not anyone's fault, I read loosely all 103 pages and just wanted to die afterwards. Bluetooth the technology to make people including technical knowhow even more confused then when they started. Thankfully this thread is a godsend especially thanks to @mcnaugha and @helmutcheese. Hopefully developers and anyone invloved
in bluetooth technology be it adaptors, dongles, TVs, Android TVs, Phones etc all read this or at least the last 20-40 pages!

Its like the manufacturers and the bluetooth creators/dev team and anyone involved in Bluetooth forgot to get the basics right and just got it wrong and everyone followed suit yet still gets it wrong forever due to it.

I spoke to someone earlier, he has paid £700 on some B&O H95s and he has been using enjoying them for years so I just asked him has he actually set aptx-HD on his PC or phone........ he told me how to do that. Unless there is software, drivers, proper support on all platforms (TVs, Android/Apple, LG webos, Windows, Linux etc and actual buttons on both ends of the sources to select aptx-HD or the preferred Codec no one would even know whats going on as was with the poor chap who has spent £1000s and not even getting the sound benefits the poor bloke could be set on the lowest audio mode like sbc mode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back