aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Sep 4, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #1,516 of 2,095
Wanted to know for a soundcore q30 on desktop the kb9 plus or another that I found thats the same, but has an antenna?
Dont really have that much money and I am having constant crackling from the computer, on my tablet or phone it doesnt happen.
Also do these also work as a normal bluetooth adapter?

This is the link of the one with an antenna
CSR BT 5.2 Audio Transmitter aptX LL HD 24 bit Adaptive Low Latency Multi-point With Mic Wireless Adapter For TV PC PS4 PS5 Xbox
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKAvltu

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #1,517 of 2,095
Due to your above comment, I looked at it again and it does indeed carry over the settings from my PC to my phone so thanks for that.

I am 99% sure it did not a few weeks ago and others were asking for this feature, but it did get a new Audio driver update the other day (not including the big FW/App/Audio Driver update we got a few months back).
Where / how does one get the BT-W5 audio driver update. Thanks @helmutcheese!

Sep 4, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #1,518 of 2,095
Where / how does one get the BT-W5 audio driver update. Thanks @helmutcheese!
Sorry, answered my own question as it is within the app. that one can check for updates. My FW and audio driver are both up to date.

Sep 5, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #1,520 of 2,095
Wanted to know for a soundcore q30 on desktop the kb9 plus or another that I found thats the same, but has an antenna?
Dont really have that much money and I am having constant crackling from the computer, on my tablet or phone it doesnt happen.
Also do these also work as a normal bluetooth adapter?

This is the link of the one with an antenna
CSR BT 5.2 Audio Transmitter aptX LL HD 24 bit Adaptive Low Latency Multi-point With Mic Wireless Adapter For TV PC PS4 PS5 Xbox
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKAvltu

Try it in a USB 2.0 port and then if not any better on an extension cable away from the PC case.

Sep 5, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #1,521 of 2,095
UAPP just released an update for the BT-W5 issue. Now I can enjoy more My Fiio UTWS5 in all its glory.

Setting is everything at 24/96 PCM
1000030101.jpg

Sep 5, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #1,523 of 2,095
Are there any bluetooth transmitters to pair with an RME ADI-2-DAC FS?

I know it won't be perfect (Bluetooth audio is mostly lossy anyways) but I'd like to run everything through my ADI-2 (headphones, bluetooth, etc).

Ideally the transmitter will support aptX adaptive (with low latency mode hopefully).

EDIT: The Fiio BTA30 Pro looks almost perfect but it doesn't have aptX adaptive so it's a deal breaker.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #1,524 of 2,095
Try it in a USB 2.0 port and then if not any better on an extension cable away from the PC case.
Hey thanks for the answer, the adapter I have now is connected with an extension with no interruption to where I am, also tried a usb 2 port and still the same.
It seems to be weak signal or noise it happens more some times and not always.
Was hoping one of those adapters would give me better range/performance as they have newer bluetooth and one has an antenna.
My bluetooth adapter is 4 aomething I believe.

Sep 5, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #1,526 of 2,095
Can you give a little more context please (as I use the BT-W5 with FW5's)?
USB Audio Player Pro is one of the first (along with Neutron) music app that bypasses the internal android sound mixer that limits output to 48khz and then 192Khz. With UAPP you could hear upto what your USB DAC could support in bitperfect (if chosen). Thru the app, you could access your network (ftp, smb, WebDAV), Tidal/Qobuz, Internet Radio, ShoutCast radio, Cast to, or an UPnP/DLNA device. You could use your device too as a UPnP renderer.

With BT-W5, it will be treated by the app as a USB DAC. Sadly before the update there were issues (garbled sound). Now ifixed with the latest update.
Since I have multiple sources and format (like above a DSD128 file). I set DSD playback to PCM. And set max sampling to 96khz. As seen on the pic. The program says source file is DSD128. BUT DAC is playing at 96Khz (max of BT-W5).

Trial is here: https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial
You can bu it at Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro

For MQA playback plugin is an in-app purchase

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #1,527 of 2,095
I own UAP Pro and know about the Android hard limit of 48k but do not really use it other than when I was testing with wired earbuds for 24/192k due to the 3rd party driver that bypasses that limit.

I can bypass it via any of the USB Dongles I have tried in PowerAmp Pro and even later on when I subbed to Amazon Music HD (they must have updated as claimed they do not support Ext DAC's) and this is on phone and Nvidia Shield.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #1,528 of 2,095
USB Audio Player Pro is one of the first (along with Neutron) music app that by passes the internal android sound mixer that limits output to 48khz and then 192Khz. With UAPP you could here upto what your USB DAC could support in bitperfect (if chosen). Thru the app, you could access your network (ftp, smb, WebDAV), Tidal/Qobuz, Internet Radio, ShoutCast radio, Cast to an UPnP/DLNA device. You could use your device too as a UPnP renderer.

With BT-W5 it will be treated by the app as a USB DAC. Sadly before the update there were issues (garbled sound) now its fixed.
Since I have multiple sources and format (like above a DSD128 file). I set DSD playback to PCM. And set max sampling to 96khz. As seen on the pic. The program says source file is DSD128. BUT DAC is playing at 96Khz (max of BT-W5).

Trial is here: https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial
You can bu it at Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro

For MQA playback plugin is an in-app purchase
Thanks for heads up. I re-ordered w5 to see if it will output normal volume level to my tws iems through uapp in exclusive mode.

Sep 6, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #1,530 of 2,095
I'm still fighting with pops and cracks for BT-W5 and BTD600. I ordered another USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 extension cables. My motherboard doesn't have USB2.0 only ports, but I can switch USB 3.0 functionality OFF in BIOS so all ports will become USB 2.0 standard. The only pure USB 2.0 port is internal so I try to use them. I ordered PCI-E USB 3.1 controller with USB-C output since BT-W5 is primary USB-C. I'll test everything next week.
BTW we are all talking about small portable dongles, but is there anything aptx adaptive capable in form of desktop DAC? Like this FiiO BTA30 PRO for example. I found Pro-Ject Audio Systems Phono Box E BT5 but it does only phono and line inputs and I would like to have at least USB input like any PC DAC. If anyone knows about anything, please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back