aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Sep 14, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #1,561 of 2,095
Sounds and looks good LC3/LC3+, almost like their combining the BT5.3 benefits and the LC3 together.
Creative1.jpg

Creative2.jpg

Creative3.jpg

https://en.creative.com/le/#benefits

Even their headphones will show the color led to indicate LE audio or ULL (Ultra Low latency for Gamers/Movie users) is actually on and working.
Creative4.jpg

Sep 14, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #1,562 of 2,095
I'm still fighting with pops and cracks for BT-W5 and BTD600. I ordered another USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 extension cables. My motherboard doesn't have USB2.0 only ports, but I can switch USB 3.0 functionality OFF in BIOS so all ports will become USB 2.0 standard. The only pure USB 2.0 port is internal so I try to use them. I ordered PCI-E USB 3.1 controller with USB-C output since BT-W5 is primary USB-C. I'll test everything next week.
BTW we are all talking about small portable dongles, but is there anything aptx adaptive capable in form of desktop DAC? Like this FiiO BTA30 PRO for example. I found Pro-Ject Audio Systems Phono Box E BT5 but it does only phono and line inputs and I would like to have at least USB input like any PC DAC. If anyone knows about anything, please let me know.
Looking forward your updates :)

Sep 14, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #1,564 of 2,095
Looking forward your updates :)
No difference at all. I tried everything. Different cables, cards, controllers. Same result with pops/cracks or artifacts. It has to be headphones then.
EDIT: @sharexshare33 I just ordered Sennheiser Momentum 4. I'm curious if it's B&O H95 issue or overall.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #1,566 of 2,095
Thanks sharing , it’s really frustrsted result despite all the works :frowning2:

Hopefully later BT products can fix the issues
I don't think so. Biggest problem is that none of the manufacturers (transmitters and headphones) provided us with BT implementation details. It's always "we support this, this, this" and that's it. Real experience is obviously much worse as we read here and aptx adaptive can be implemented in many ways. it's frustrating. Qualcomm screwed this up and it's licensed codec, not free or open! I'm slowly giving up. Good old wires.

Sep 15, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #1,567 of 2,095
No difference at all. I tried everything. Different cables, cards, controllers. Same result with pops/cracks or artifacts. It has to be headphones then.
EDIT: @sharexshare33 I just ordered Sennheiser Momentum 4. I'm curious if it's B&O H95 issue or overall.

I do recall reading BT implementation in devices and adapters/dongles is poor at best, I believe the BT committee tried to fix or improve on this within the 5.3 standard. So in earlier 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 the bluetooth technology its only "guessing" where the other connected device is ie you wear BT headphones and sit 2 meters away from your TV but if you are really sitting 1 metre away it won't understand this, 5.3 standard fixed this apparently which means you get a more fuller/stable connection.

I have seen this issue with my HP testing (Sony XM5s, B&W PX7v2s, Wireless buds), I have found with some BT headphones you can try to switch off NC mode this solved my pops/cracks within my Sony XM5s so I can watch movies and TV better now its just a clean sound track now, but the B&Ws switching off NC does not work I still get pops/cracks which as you know are frustrating and you start looking at good old wires again.

Sony actually mention the pops and clicks issue here

Pops/Cracks can be a number of things not just weak BT chipsets/modules within the BT tech or devices, it can be Wifi/Wireless devices interference, other BT devices around your main device(mice, keyboard RF or BT) also speaking of mice even those Rodent detectors can interfere with BT technology. I tend to switch off devices or use as least BT/Wireless tech as possible for less interference.

So try disabling NC and even ambient features on the SM4s or H95s to see if it improves the BT connectivity.

I also have another theory which I am testing, trying to get aptx-adaptive/HD or SBC from my TV to my Hps but move the transmitter closest to my HPs, so its 0.5 metre away, maybe the stronger signal will help.

Sep 15, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #1,568 of 2,095
Got that email back from Creative in regards to adding LE & LC3 codecs to their existing Creative BT-W5 Adapter or others, Basically it was a No for now.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Creative Labs.

Regarding your enquiry, we regret that there's no plan yet of adding an LE Audio and LC3 codec support on the Creative BT-W5 Adapter.
The LE Audio and LC3 codec are only available with the BT-L3 and BT-L4.

However, we'll be glad to take this as a feedback. Rest assured that we will include yours for further evaluation and consideration and for future enhancement, if necessary.

Should you have any other questions, feel free to reply to this email.

Alternatively, you can also send us an email via http://creative.com/contactus .

Regards,
Chris
Creative Labs Pte Ltd
Worldwide Customer Response

Sep 15, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #1,569 of 2,095
Also I emailed Avantree technical support regarding why they are releasing a brand new Bluetooth product on the market in the new Orbit Pro with a phased out BT codec (Aptx-LL) and not its replacement in (Aptx-Adaptive) here is their email response, I think they understood my slight jab at them :relieved:

No, the Orbit Pro does not support aptX Adaptive, but it does support aptX low latency, which as you mentioned is an older version of the Bluetooth codec. It still ensures that there is virtually no latency and audio lag for your experience.

As far as I know, we do not plan to add support to Orbit pro support with aptX Adaptive, sorry.
Thanks,
Customer Support

Sep 15, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #1,570 of 2,095
Unfortunately, aptX LL was not ideally used esp. in earbuds (more chance of being in headphone) but it still cannot be beat only fast stream comes close to the same low latency.

The patent has now run out so not sure what that means for anything new to try and build on it.

I can use it via my BTA30 PRO and FiiO Neckband+FH3's or the Chi Dongles.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #1,571 of 2,095
Hey all, really could use some help with those Aliexpress Aptx transmitters.

Receiver is a Sony BM10, which I believe is 16bit/44.1khz Aptx compatible.

Sources will be Playstation 3 / 4 / 5 (ie I'll plug the dongle directly in the console's USB port.)

Which of the following dongle is best suited for this use case ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005195360491.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004654181479.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004338009281.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004654568355.html

It's so confusing.. is TX40 = KB8?, why do they mention "no software support", should I care for PS consoles?

Thanks for any tip!

Sep 15, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #1,572 of 2,095
I do recall reading BT implementation in devices and adapters/dongles is poor at best, I believe the BT committee tried to fix or improve on this within the 5.3 standard. So in earlier 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 the bluetooth technology its only "guessing" where the other connected device is ie you wear BT headphones and sit 2 meters away from your TV but if you are really sitting 1 metre away it won't understand this, 5.3 standard fixed this apparently which means you get a more fuller/stable connection.

I have seen this issue with my HP testing (Sony XM5s, B&W PX7v2s, Wireless buds), I have found with some BT headphones you can try to switch off NC mode this solved my pops/cracks within my Sony XM5s so I can watch movies and TV better now its just a clean sound track now, but the B&Ws switching off NC does not work I still get pops/cracks which as you know are frustrating and you start looking at good old wires again.

Sony actually mention the pops and clicks issue here

Pops/Cracks can be a number of things not just weak BT chipsets/modules within the BT tech or devices, it can be Wifi/Wireless devices interference, other BT devices around your main device(mice, keyboard RF or BT) also speaking of mice even those Rodent detectors can interfere with BT technology. I tend to switch off devices or use as least BT/Wireless tech as possible for less interference.

So try disabling NC and even ambient features on the SM4s or H95s to see if it improves the BT connectivity.

I also have another theory which I am testing, trying to get aptx-adaptive/HD or SBC from my TV to my Hps but move the transmitter closest to my HPs, so its 0.5 metre away, maybe the stronger signal will help.
I tried literally everything. The only wireless devices I use are H95 and wi-fi AP I can turn off very easily. I tested it also on laptop in cellar. Everything off, no wireless interference. Momentum 4 arrive Monday. I'm very curious. I scheduled testing of Sennheiser HD650 for Sunday in our local store. I'm pretty much decided since I use headphones on desktop PC 99% time. BT will be for everything else if ever.
Got that email back from Creative in regards to adding LE & LC3 codecs to their existing Creative BT-W5 Adapter or others, Basically it was a No for now.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Creative Labs.

Regarding your enquiry, we regret that there's no plan yet of adding an LE Audio and LC3 codec support on the Creative BT-W5 Adapter.
The LE Audio and LC3 codec are only available with the BT-L3 and BT-L4.

However, we'll be glad to take this as a feedback. Rest assured that we will include yours for further evaluation and consideration and for future enhancement, if necessary.

Should you have any other questions, feel free to reply to this email.

Alternatively, you can also send us an email via http://creative.com/contactus .

Regards,
Chris
Creative Labs Pte Ltd
Worldwide Customer Response
This is typical Creative. I have very long story with them :)

Sep 16, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #1,573 of 2,095
Hey all, really could use some help with those Aliexpress Aptx transmitters.

Receiver is a Sony BM10, which I believe is 16bit/44.1khz Aptx compatible.

Sources will be Playstation 3 / 4 / 5 (ie I'll plug the dongle directly in the console's USB port.)

Which of the following dongle is best suited for this use case ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005195360491.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004654181479.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004338009281.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004654568355.html

It's so confusing.. is TX40 = KB8?, why do they mention "no software support", should I care for PS consoles?

Thanks for any tip!
I tried several of the Chinese dongles which were ok, but ultimately settled on Creative BT-W5 which performs better, good stable connection and decent app.. More expensive BUT if you buy it 1st rather than trying several others 1st, may be an economical approach.

Sep 16, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #1,575 of 2,095
I tried literally everything. The only wireless devices I use are H95 and wi-fi AP I can turn off very easily. I tested it also on laptop in cellar. Everything off, no wireless interference. Momentum 4 arrive Monday. I'm very curious. I scheduled testing of Sennheiser HD650 for Sunday in our local store. I'm pretty much decided since I use headphones on desktop PC 99% time. BT will be for everything else if ever.

Sounds like you tried everything to rule it out and sadly same results, I suspect some of these BT headphones and devices just don't have the best chipsets or failing BT chipset's so you are probably right in it being the headphones, at least with the M4s you can test it and see will be interesting to hear the results.

I know one other user with the H95 and he uses them purely for TV listening and says no real issues with sound quality, but bit of a shame he is just using them for the TV set given how high quality sounding they are.

I have a pair of Px7v2s with a failing BT chipset or other fault, BT disconnects and it also pops/crackles but there going back soon, got my eye on the PX8 but think ill test them with my desktop, TV and phone and only buy with a 30 day return policy.

You will probably love the HD650s, but I did read one guy say he liked the PX8s still over the HD650s due to the intimacy that the PX8 brings. Several people on here have suggested the H95 is close to the PX8 but they preferred the PX8 due to the clarity of the mid level details also, not that you could go wrong with either 3 pair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back