Aproear Feedback Thread - Vidal's sub $50(ish) Chi-Fi IEM Reviews
Sep 18, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #108 of 266
Thank You - the black one seems to be very comfortable compared to the white one - they should be inside technical identical.

If you get it, let us know what you think. The one on the left is silver (box is white). Those are the two available on amazon uk. On aliexpress I have seen my black model (C610) offered in black or white.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #109 of 266
Just took delivery of the Urbanfan Beryllium's an hour or so ago.

First impression : They sound remarkably close to the Hifi Hybrids. In most of the playlist I go through, I would honestly say I won't be able to do a definitive blind test differentiation for them. Though they seem that little bit brighter in the treble detail somewhat. Very subtly though.

Caveat: They have not been through burn-in yet, so sound signature might veer a bit after that as with most earphones I have tried to date.

Initial take: They sound very good !!

Edit: Add a photo, deliberately chose the white as a contrast to the black ( hybrid version) which I already have.

Add: They sound a little different with about 1.5 hours of burn-in on pink noise now. The sub-bass seems a little more pronounced yet not losing any of the neutral but yet present details in the mids and treble of the originals. Will need more time over the next few days to do a more detailed comparison with the original hybrids with back to back auditions

20170920_002556~2.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #110 of 266
The body seems to be made of porcelain

Yes I see that in the description. I thought they were plastic but I think I was wrong. The finish is very nice and I am happy with the sound. In my photo I have different tips on mine.

The photos in your link are much better than mine! Beautiful.

Maybe a factory in Shenzen named Estron produces all of them for different suppliers:

https://szestron.en.alibaba.com/pro...spm=a2700.8304367.prup15aafb.1.73152c543SeAhl

Yes I believe you are correct.

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #111 of 266
If you like the design more, just get it. I had the Ci880 but found it slightly bright for me and I gave it to my husband as he had been wanting them. I then got the black Ci880 for myself to see if they would be good and I think they are. I cannot make detailed comparisons but of course the housing will always affect the sound in some way so I doubt they are exactly the same. However, the diagrams for both show them as BA+DD. You know everyones ear canals are different as well and hearing abiltity. So one persons experience will not be exactly the same as yours. You can only just get a small idea.

Here is the diagram for the silver one... the Ci880. Notice how this one is straight where it goes into your ear. The black one has a curve that for me makes it more comfortable.

Well if they're the same now question is CI780 vs UrbanFun Mk1 for my first da+dd iem?

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #112 of 266
Just took delivery of the Urbanfan Beryllium's an hour or so ago.

First impression : They sound remarkably close to the Hifi Hybrids. In most of the playlist I go through, I would honestly say I won't be able to do a definitive blind test differentiation for them. Though they seem that little bit brighter in the treble detail somewhat. Very subtly though.

Caveat: They have not been through burn-in yet, so sound signature might veer a bit after that as with most earphones I have tried to date.

Initial take: They sound very good !!

Edit: Add a photo, deliberately chose the white as a contrast to the black ( hybrid version) which I already have.

Add: They sound a little different with about 1.5 hours of burn-in on pink noise now. The sub-bass seems a little more pronounced yet not losing any of the neutral but yet present details in the mids and treble of the originals. Will need more time over the next few days to do a more detailed comparison with the original hybrids with back to back auditions

As a quick follow-up on my initial impressions after an overnight burn-in on pink noise, these Urbanfan Beryllium's are NOT an analogous equivalent of the Urbanfan Hifi hybrids.

These if played with same source and volume settings (LG G6 at 25 volume) over the same songs, are somewhat louder than the hybrids.
The bass and sub-bass is beefier, the sub-bass thump is significantly more obvious. The soundstage seems airier than the original hybrids and none of the details of the original appear to have been lost in the bass boost either. I'm impressed!

I can't say if they are better earphones than the originals as I have not auditioned them across all the different genres I listen to but they are definitely adding a different layer of "fun" when it comes to the few songs and acoustic tracks I played them back to back on.

But I must repeat, they are NOT the analogous equivalent from the original hybrids, far from it. But definitely a very enjoyable sound signature and great value earphones (even at this point. of evaluation)

20170920_095509_C.jpg

Sep 19, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #113 of 266
Not sure if this is the case, but Urbanfun's website makes it appear that there are two models of beryllium DD iems:
Urbanfun Color Beryllium (white, red, orange, yellow): http://www.urbanfunlife.com/show/477.html
Urbanfun Beryllium Hifi (green/black with black cable): http://www.urbanfunlife.com/show/526.html

PS: To add to the confusion, the Color Fun Hifi model has a hybrid BA+DD layout in the breakout...

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #114 of 266
There is ??

The two pages you link are quite clear that the Beryllium is a single dynamic driver, the Hifi being a 1BA + 1DD setup.
The Beryllium is also available in Black and Green. The black one with black cables. Its still a single DD, not a hybrid.

The confusion seems to be here: At diagram "03"

http://www.urbanfunlife.com/show/472.html

Where it shows both a single DD and a 1BA+ 1DD setup.

But its a lot clearer when you go to the UF store on Aliexpress. There is indeed the hybrid version in Colourfun options, its quite clearly stated. (The pricing for the Colourfun Hybrids are not convincing though ... )

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...817.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.13423c89z7cC7O

These ARE the Hifi Hybrids that are so highly rated:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...688.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.13423c89z7cC7O

To add to the "confusion" ... these look really interesting with MMCX cables!
http://www.urbanfunlife.com/show/473.html

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #115 of 266
OOPS! wrong links... or bad reading skills on my part maybe, updating :p

Right I can't make any better sense of their site, but it does mention beryllium in the black/green hybrids with grey cables (as opposed to the braided originals, which have their own page, and are supposedly different from the v2s with an updated DD), and there's no page just for the black/green berylliums with a black cable:shrug:

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #117 of 266
I'm more confused than ever

Me too! I apparently have v2 of the hybid UF hi fi. When I ordered, my UF I thought I was getting the original version in green with a silver ring and the textured cable. The listing said original and it said actual photos. What I received was green with a gold ring and the plain grey cable. Sound is good but I hate how it looks. If I had known it would have a gold ring I would have gotten that black one like in maxxevv's photo.

I suppose that sounds silly to some of you but I had chosen the one I liked the look of.

Well if they're the same now question is CI780 vs UrbanFun Mk1 for my first da+dd iem?

They both sound good. As we all hear differenly, I cannot say what you would like more. Get them both and let us know? :) ...or just get the one you most like the look of...or, just toss a coin... :)

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #118 of 266
Me too! I apparently have v2 of the hybid UF hi fi. When I ordered, my UF I thought I was getting the original version in green with a silver ring and the textured cable. The listing said original and it said actual photos. What I received was green with a gold ring and the plain grey cable. Sound is good but I hate how it looks. If I had known it would have a gold ring I would have gotten that black one like in maxxevv's photo.

I suppose that sounds silly to some of you but I had chosen the one I liked the look of.

They both sound good. As we all hear differenly, I cannot say what you would like more. Get them both and let us know? :) ...or just get the one you most like the look of...or, just toss a coin... :)

I would order the CI780 but we can't be sure they're 100% the same drivers as the CI880 right? Can we contact the company maybe?
Since you have bought what's your opinion between CI780/880 and UF? not in terms of quality but sound signature...

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #119 of 266
I'm more confused than ever

Me too. If someone who understands this would summarize the hybrid UF hi fi situation, it would be much appreciated. Bonus points for AliExpress links to inexpensive sellers of the desirable model or models.

I recently ordered these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/URB...Metal-earbuds-for-iphone-for/32774054014.html, which are billed as

Original URBANFUN 3.5mm In Ear Earphone With Microphone 1DD With 1BA Hybrid Drive Voice Control HIFI Earphone Earplug For Phones​

and are described in the specifications section of the listing as

1.Product Name:Original URBANFUN In-ear Earphone
2.Brand: URBANFUN
3.Model:1DD With 1BA
13.Driver unit:1DD+1BA hybrid driver unit​

Also, in case this is important to anyone, one of the features of this IEM is "[l]atest cattle products". Could come in handy if your cows produce more milk if they enjoy music!

Anyhow, I'm hoping I ordered an optimal version for human use.

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #120 of 266
Me too. If someone who understands this would summarize the hybrid UF hi fi situation, it would be much appreciated. Bonus points for AliExpress links to inexpensive sellers of the desirable model or models.
Can't help with Ali links, I went through contacting a bunch of sellers about them and got pretty much nowhere, personally I ended up paying a slight premium and buying some v2s off NiceHCK because they were at least willing to confirm what they were selling. :shrug:

Of the Green/Black Urbanfun HiFis there are three variants:
UF HiFi Hybrid (v1) - braided cable, the much hyped original edition, old and difficult to find these days
UF HiFi Hybrid (v2) - grey cable, upgraded DD allegedly, easy enough to find but some sellers will send the beryllium
UF HiFi Beryllium - black cable, cheaper, usually listed as beryllium, but not always

There's also UF Colorfun (white, yellow, orange, red) that appears to come in both hybrid and beryllium versions.
These are probably different from the HiFi variants, but I'm not sure that anyone has confirmed that?

I recently ordered these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/URB...Metal-earbuds-for-iphone-for/32774054014.html, which are billed as

Original URBANFUN 3.5mm In Ear Earphone With Microphone 1DD With 1BA Hybrid Drive Voice Control HIFI Earphone Earplug For Phones​

and are described in the specifications section of the listing as

1.Product Name:Original URBANFUN In-ear Earphone
2.Brand: URBANFUN
3.Model:1DD With 1BA
13.Driver unit:1DD+1BA hybrid driver unit​

Also, in case this is important to anyone, one of the features of this IEM is "[l]atest cattle products". Could come in handy if your cows produce more milk if they enjoy music!

Anyhow, I'm hoping I ordered an optimal version for human use.
Those are most likely the v2s, as seen in the images in the reviews (July and September, both shots of the v2s)
I asked that seller to confirm what they were selling and they sent me back a message reading simply "no,thanks"

Finding a v1 is pretty tough these days, I wouldn't really expect to receive one unless you confirm with the seller that that's what you're getting. Plenty of new purchasers have received the v2s and they seem to be relatively well received, but I don't think anyone has compared them head-to-head?

Or at least that seems to be the story I've heard, and seems to apply with regards to international purchases - their official website is super confusing to me (seeing as I don't have any understanding of Chinese and am trying to use Google translate) and leads to taobao links that are equally confusing.

PS: The Google translate on their products is pretty hilarious...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back