April Music Eximus DP-1
May 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #571 of 803
quite frankly, for the 100€ jplay costs IIRC you can get a much larger SQ improvement by feeding a clean USB PSU to the DP1....hell, you can even use a cellphone 5V wallwart and it'll sound better than your computer shared ATX PSU 
happy_face1.gif

May 23, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #572 of 803
No worries I will get there as well but at this stage I am at jplay and OS setup so wondering about those things. Also jplay make a major difference in compare to foobar and jriver so it is certainly worth it, well worth it.

BTW when we are on the subject - are you, fellow dp-1 owner, managing directlink on 192khz with DP-1

I read through all the thread but it was while ago. I remember that you leeperry (if I am not mistaken) were posting about experimenting with 5v feed. Did you found some ready to go solution or did you made a cable yourself. What PSU for 5v you have used? Am I right that DP-1 will not work without 5v on USB at all?

Thanks

May 23, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #576 of 803
Quote:
Just bought Purk's DP-1 from him, should have it in a few days...can't wait to have this GREAT unit in my system again. Now if only the Leviathan would come to fruition...

-Daniel

Quote:
Sweet! You'll love it!

This will be the second time for him.  I love the DP-1 and will buy another when I have more fund.  It will be sad day shipping it out tomorrow.

May 24, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #577 of 803
Everyone who has no DAC wants to buy it. Everyone who has a DAC wants to sell it. There is review of DP1 and S1: http://www.newambience.ru/assets/files/manuals/April%20Music%20Eximus%20DP1%20and%20S1.pdf It's in russian but you can watch the pics and play the game "try to find discrete buffers on HP output" at least.

May 24, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #578 of 803
So what is the conclusion of the review? And what are for and against if there are any?

Thanks

May 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #579 of 803
Quote:
So what is the conclusion of the review? And what are for and against if there are any?

Thanks

Easy read, no conclusions at all as there were no comparison to anything. Overall - sounds good, typical audio fi magazine "review" sponsored by manufacturer.
A couple of interesting things, author recommendation is not to use filter and upsample button and that USB sounds *almost* as good as SPDIF input from CD player.
There was mentioning of the new  100 model prototype at January Las Vegas audio show, anyone heard anything about it?

May 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #580 of 803
Quote:
Easy read, no conclusions at all as there were no comparison to anything. Overall - sounds good, typical audio fi magazine "review" sponsored by manufacturer.
A couple of interesting things, author recommendation is not to use filter and upsample button and that USB sounds *almost* as good as SPDIF input from CD player.
There was mentioning of the new  100 model prototype at January Las Vegas audio show, anyone heard anything about it?

I talked to April Music awhile back and they will be releasing a new stand alone DAC with a pricetag exceeding $5000.  This DAC won't replace the DP-1 but will serve as a compnay's flagship model.  It maybe available at the end of this year.

May 24, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #581 of 803
He liked Eximus, thats all. The rest is not interesting, bla bla bla, cant call this an review, more kind of overview. The only music menitoned was Russian romance, acoustic guitar and female voice, which was very good through Eximus.
Quote:

Thanks

May 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #582 of 803
This will be the second time for him.  I love the DP-1 and will buy another when I have more fund.  It will be sad day shipping it out tomorrow.

I hear you Purk...it was a sad day when I sold my first one. This is really a dac that must be auditioned extensively to be fully appreciated imo. Simply trounced my Master 7 in musicality and 3D imaging. Also I find it ridiculously good for movies and games as well because of it's fantastic imaging-a nice surprise that adds to it's bang for the megabuck factor lol.

Thanks again Purk-can't wait til it arrives!

-Daniel

edit: I also have an SPL Auditor and modded m-Stage incoming to compair with the DP1's built in headamp. Impressions in another week or so..

May 29, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #583 of 803
Anyone compared the DP1 to the PerfectWave MK2?

May 29, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #584 of 803
Quote:

I talked to April Music awhile back and they will be releasing a new stand alone DAC with a pricetag exceeding $5000.  This DAC won't replace the DP-1 but will serve as a compnay's flagship model.  It maybe available at the end of this year.

New DAC from April Music - very interesting.Are there any details?

May 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #585 of 803
Quote:

New DAC from April Music - very interesting.Are there any details?

I don't have any more details but it will be toward the end of the year.  It will be more expensive (5k or above) though so it won't replace the DP-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back