April Music Eximus DP-1
Jan 22, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #92 of 803
Can you post pics of the gel pads?  And your setup?

Quote:
One more tip if you are using the DP1 on your two channel system. Actually this works under any speakers and other electronics. Vibration absorbing gel pads can make a tremendous difference in the sound, moreso than spikes or cones. Anthony Gallo is now sending them with their speakers and I have now tried them under everything. I keep searching where to buy more, but I cannot find them. I would like to see some that are 2 inch round and 1/2 inch thick.

No, do not go to Victoria's Secret and cut up those Very Sexy bras with the gel pads in them

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #94 of 803
There are many cheap "sorbothane" feet on ebay, is that it? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=isolation+feet+sorbothane

"Sorbothane is a proprietary visco-elastic polymer which is a very effective acoustic damper and absorber. With a very high damping coefficient it combines shock absorption, good memory, vibration isolation and vibration damping characteristics. While many other materials exhibit one of these characteristics, Sorbothane combines all of them in a stable material with a long fatigue life over a very wide temperature range."

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #95 of 803

Quote:
There are many cheap "sorbothane" feet on ebay, is that it? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=isolation+feet+sorbothane

"Sorbothane is a proprietary visco-elastic polymer which is a very effective acoustic damper and absorber. With a very high damping coefficient it combines shock absorption, good memory, vibration isolation and vibration damping characteristics. While many other materials exhibit one of these characteristics, Sorbothane combines all of them in a stable material with a long fatigue life over a very wide temperature range."

Sorbothane I don't think is effective at all. I had some Brightstar Iso Nodes which I wasn't impressed with. Even under very lightweight monitors they flattened out and became pretty useless.

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #96 of 803

Quote:
One more tip if you are using the DP1 on your two channel system. Actually this works under any speakers and other electronics. Vibration absorbing gel pads can make a tremendous difference in the sound, moreso than spikes or cones. Anthony Gallo is now sending them with their speakers and I have now tried them under everything. I keep searching where to buy more, but I cannot find them. I would like to see some that are 2 inch round and 1/2 inch thick.

No, do not go to Victoria's Secret and cut up those Very Sexy bras with the gel pads in them

Did you try contacting Anthony Gallo Speakers? Might be a good idea.
I wouldn't mind doing it but if you have their speakers maybe you should send them a nice mail.
I assume that's where you got your gelpads right, with a pair of speakers?

Edit: Found this on their website, is that it?

Quote:
Isolation Ring (below)
Each Nucleus Micro and A'Diva comes with an 'Isolation Ring', a simple rubber ring that allows the speaker to be placed on any flat surface.

isolation-ring.jpg

Jan 22, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #97 of 803

I will try and get some pics up. The system I am using is the new Gallo Classico IV speakers,. Dayens Ampino 25 watt integrated, the Eximus DP1, and all Virtue cables. The Virtue IC's and their speaker wires won StereoMojo's best valur award. The cables are great.

The gel pads came with the Classico IV's. They had holes drilled for spikes. I checked with the company to let them know the spikes were missing, and Bill told me that Anthony preferred the  gel pads that they sent, I had been listening to the speakers for about a week, so when I did put the pads under them, it was a wow difference. My system was much tighter and with a more openess, focus and detail. Spikes will not make that big of a difference. Gallo's gel pads are 1/4 inch thick and 2 inch in diameter. These are very soft and squishy. If the harder sorbo pads would have worked better or as good, I am sure he would have used those.

And if anyone starts looking for new speakers, check out these new Classicos. 6moons gave the Classico III's a blue moon award. These have the quickness and detail of electrostatics, while easily having better focus and imaging. WAF is high because they take up so little room in your home, while giving one of the best soundstage you will ever hear.

The Classico speakers have no crossovers. Once you hear vocals with no crossovers, you will be hooked for life. You will never look at a speaker with crossovers. The crossovers also rob the power of your amp, that is why the 25 watt Ampino is more than enough with these Classico IV's at 92db efficiency. I am sure you will be reading a lot of great reviews on these Gallos.
Quote:
Can you post pics of the gel pads?  And your setup?

Jan 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #98 of 803
Tes,I  emailed Gallo about more gel pads, but no response on that question. I did get a response on my other question I had.

Quote:

Did you try contacting Anthony Gallo Speakers? Might be a good idea.
I wouldn't mind doing it but if you have their speakers maybe you should send them a nice mail.
I assume that's where you got your gelpads right, with a pair of speakers?

Edit: Found this on their website, is that it?

isolation-ring.jpg

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #100 of 803

Quote:
The USB input in the DP-1 is first class(two low jiter discrete clocks, native ASIO drivers, etc)

Just had a quick flick through the DP-1 manual PDF and it only mentions an XMOS driver for Windows.  Is it ASIO, then? 

Has anyone tried the DP-1 with JPLAY?  Reason I ask is because JPLAY recommends Kernal Streaming rather than ASIO 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #103 of 803
Jan 22, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #105 of 803
Yeah, I think the one on April Music's site is for updating the firmware in the XMOS board in the DP1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back