1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

APRIL FOOLS! Astell&Kern AK480 Music Player!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by hifiguy528, Mar 31, 2014.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. HiFiGuy528

chasing the dragon.  :D

2. spook76
    I love the business model of the "boutique" audio equipment makers and CIEMs manufacturers. They obviously know they have a very small customer base willing to pay for the "best". Must be a great feeling for AK240 owners to be superseded in two months like custom Roxanne purchasers to know the both the universal Roxanne and a new custom "Ambiant FR" are already in production while they still wait for orders from October.

3. Wyd4
    APRIL FOOLS!

4. hjfxjf
    Ok, so last time when someone complained about the price of  AK240, we already knew $4800 would be the future. But I never thought it would be this fast!!!!!  

5. Currawong Contributor

Unlike the AK240, which is smaller than it looks, the 480 seemed a bit un-wieldy in size.

6. warrenpchi Administrator

I told you to come for the SoCal meet!  This is what you get for missing out on that.  [​IMG]

A little bit, but it wasn't that much bigger than an HM-901... certainly thinner.

7. Cotnijoe

you said earlier you got to try them out right currawong? How do these fit in your hands? [​IMG]

8. Wyd4
    I am actually looking for a new source now that I have my Mentor's, how do I get in on the Lottery.

I would hate to think that only the privileged have a shot at this!!!

There are no words for how much I want one of these.

9. Zerovalk

Will spread in this in Singapore audio forums :) awaken the Rudi

10. Lillee
    Any details on how I go about buying my lottery ticket??

11. DefQon

I had a close look at the specs and $5k is actually a bargain for what it is. Ask MSB, Kondo or dCs the cost to make and implement one of those femto low jitter clocks coupled with a 32bit DAC IC in there 5 digit priced DAC's. And this is a portable (to an extent) DAP not a full sized DAC. 

Currawong likes this.
  12. Frank I
    Guess you will have to buy this new one

13. warrenpchi Administrator

Lol, Rudi is gonna be pissed!  [​IMG]

I don't think lottery tickets can be purchased.  My understanding is that they are going to do some kind of free promotion to keep it fair.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

14. BucketInABucket
    Man, this smells awfully like an april fool's joke...
    1395462459968e1lrx.gif

15. Currawong Contributor

I may even have to sell my Master 7 and Studio Six for this -- actually my entire home rig. I can save any remaining costs back in the power bills saved.

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last