APRIL FOOLS! Astell&Kern AK480 Music Player!
Mar 31, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #46 of 395

I had a close look at the specs and $5k is actually a bargain for what it is. Ask MSB, Kondo or dCs the cost to make and implement one of those femto low jitter clocks coupled with a 32bit DAC IC in there 5 digit priced DAC's. And this is a portable (to an extent) DAP not a full sized DAC. 

Yeah its amazing.
I am thinking about using this as my Home and portable rig.
I may have a Gungnir hitting the for sale section soon.  This is definitely a step up and portable.
Things have come so far recently!!

Mar 31, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #47 of 395
I might have to sell my soul to the devil to afford this player. Damn the specs entice me though...

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #55 of 395
Some say the deposit can only be payed in gold bullion or bearer bonds, and that Jude was so impressed by this player he had it tattoed on himself in 3 locations.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #59 of 395
  I was lucky enough to get a preview listen to this unit while I was in LA at the Iriver offices, and I have to say, I would never have believed that any portable could sound more refined than the AK240, which I though was already better than what I thought possible from a DAP.

What you mean by more refined? Unless you mean more clean and transparent, artificial refinement may not be good for music. Music should sound as it is composed be it rough or sparking.

Yeah I agree with you my music already sounds better than what I thought possible from a DAP.
wink_face.gif

I would like to try one if that dap has the feature to make piano sound like violin or vice versa.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #60 of 395
this is rediculous price and worst marketing strategy ever, 5k for a DAP? kill me please...

i will need to sell my 1+2 with uber, se846 and dx100 and guess wat, dat's still short more than 1k.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back