Apple Touch 5G thread.
Jul 20, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #346 of 367
I did try to transfer music from my iTunes, not music I did buy but from my cd's, the transfer did work but the recordings weren't complete, at least one or more songs did fail so I delete them again, did I do something wrong?

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #347 of 367
Followers of this thread might remember the back and forth with member Willy regarding an app he had tried and liked, which others deemed over priced.
It was an exciting time :wink:

They now have a free Trial version so we can finally judge for ourselves.
I have sampled it a bit and it is only fair to compare it with other apps that use the standard itunes library music.

Flacplayer and kaisertone for instance can add hi-res, although I have heard Relisten plan to add hi-res in the future.

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #348 of 367
Need to try this one.

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #351 of 367
I currently have an iTouch 5, which was my favorite player since it was released until... iOS7. I got really disappointed with the changes Apple introduced thinking of iPhone users and forgetting iTouch users.

Really got on my nerves the fact that an artist albums were now in reverse order (from the latest album to the first one) and that no matter what I did, that configuration could not be changed.

iOS8 got me even more disappointed. Did not fix issues and got my native player slower (not to mention Apple Music, which, thankfully, can be disabled). When I play a playlist in random mode, sometimes it will just repeat songs instead of stopping when I've listened to the whole list. These may be small issues for many people but the latest OS "upgrades" turned my loved iTouch into a stranger.

So, these issues, plus the fact that I ran out of storage space (64GB), made me but a new player with more capacity, simpler, yet better.

Please not that iTouch 5 is, indeed, an excellent player with great sound quality, but the latest OS killed it for me. I want a (storage)music-oriented player, and I feel iTouch has been getting away from that. It will still be my second player, of course. I don't want to get rid of it. I still like the fact I cant listen TuneIn, for example.

That's my story :frowning2:

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #352 of 367
I currently have an iTouch 5, which was my favorite player since it was released until... iOS7. I got really disappointed with the changes Apple introduced thinking of iPhone users and forgetting iTouch users.

Really got on my nerves the fact that an artist albums were now in reverse order (from the latest album to the first one) and that no matter what I did, that configuration could not be changed.

iOS8 got me even more disappointed. Did not fix issues and got my native player slower (not to mention Apple Music, which, thankfully, can be disabled). When I play a playlist in random mode, sometimes it will just repeat songs instead of stopping when I've listened to the whole list. These may be small issues for many people but the latest OS "upgrades" turned my loved iTouch into a stranger.

So, these issues, plus the fact that I ran out of storage space (64GB), made me but a new player with more capacity, simpler, yet better.

Please not that iTouch 5 is, indeed, an excellent player with great sound quality, but the latest OS killed it for me. I want a (storage)music-oriented player, and I feel iTouch has been getting away from that. It will still be my second player, of course. I don't want to get rid of it. I still like the fact I cant listen TuneIn, for example.

That's my story :frowning2:

I agree in that the Touch 5 was the perfect player until the updates to the operating system. I still love the player but hate when it always asks me to sign in or other stuff centered around the Apple Music store. It would be nice if you could drop back an operating system level or two.

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #353 of 367
Can someone tell me of an iPhone 5 / iPod Touch 5 dock that converts the digital signal out of the lightening connector to a digital coax (sp/dif) signal? I know hat I have seen one - almost bought in on Amazon, but now I cannot remember the name. Thanks!

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #354 of 367
A lot of poking around indicated the ARCAM rDock UNI as one such device.  However, it also includes its own DAC (which you can either use or bypass), making it a bit more expensive ($300) for a way to just do the conversion from Lightening to SP/DIF for a down-stream DAC.

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #358 of 367
Apple stock has been reported down, possibly because of lackluster sales of new Iphone 7. I think Apple really blew it with the new Iphone when they left out a headphone jack. Any thoughts?

Jeff (KB8PIH)

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #359 of 367
  Why do my black ipod touch 5th gen sounds different from the yellow 5th gen?Both are running on same ios version.

If you don't match the volume very carefully, they will sound different. We perceive FR differently at different volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back