Apple to discontinue iPod Classic & iPod Shuffle??
Sep 30, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #46 of 144

Quote:
Whaaaat? You listen to music while expelling demons? 
basshead.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I too would hate to see it go. If it did, I would probably get another one or maybe two for backup. 

LOL sure why not. Meant physical activity but you made me laugh.

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #47 of 144
I gave my acer aspire one to my little brother. He gave me 2 ipod touches for it. That thing has lasted 2 years of constant torture. Acer is underrated.

Yeah. but we've both seen threads from unhappy Acer customers, and the Aspire was uber-cheap-and-nasty alongside my N10J. That mighty little guy played Left 4 Dead !

Sep 30, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #48 of 144
In the audio bliss right now thanks to Lenny Kravitz and iPod Classic 7G + iBasso T3 + UM3x

Can't express how i'm gonna miss the Classic line if they kill it now that it was almost perfect (A very few ohms of output impedance to get rid of and it would be the best hp out around)

Sep 30, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #49 of 144

Quote:
I gave my acer aspire one to my little brother. He gave me 2 ipod touches for it. That thing has lasted 2 years of constant torture. Acer is underrated.

Agreed.  Using some Acer hardware myself... an Aspire netbook and a Revo100 as a digital source for a home theater system.

As long as you aren't gaming, it is nice hardware for the price

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #51 of 144

Quote:
Cowon X7 is all that I can think of off the top of my head. 160GB HDD... A bit bulky and has some reliability issues, but the SQ is second to none and it is literally the only high-capacity alternative to the iPod Classic.

there is an Archos 500 gb. but the reviews at amazon are very mixed up.

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #52 of 144

Quote:
The world hasn't been dumbed down when there are multitudes of competitors to Apple. How is it dumbing down when consumers have chosen what they wanted (and moreover what they didn't want)?
I won't lose sleep over Apple discontinuing stuff. Never liked the ipod and the software you needed to make it play nice with your computer. I'll just empty and refill my little 4gb player as needed. I don't need my entire harddrive of music with me 24/7.

what do you mean by "consumers have chosen"? for example, on Amazon, after 2 years, the Classic is still #3 and #5 in portable media players, *** it's even outselling the 64 GB Touch (probably by quite a large margin)!!! so yes, consumers have chosen, but Apple wants everyone to move to their stupid cloud. that's the only reason.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Portable-Audio-Video/zgbs/electronics/172623/ref=zg_bs_mp_5_e_1_e

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #53 of 144
Sep 30, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #54 of 144

Quote:
Agreed.  Using some Acer hardware myself... an Aspire netbook and a Revo100 as a digital source for a home theater system.

As long as you aren't gaming, it is nice hardware for the price

X2....Acer for audio is superb...

Back on topic...Just ordered the classic...I'm kinda of an apple (iPod)  fanboy, and it was missing from my collection....Who knows what will happen with the prices if it's discontinued.

I looked at the 5.5g (240gb), however, I already own a couple 5.5gs (R'bxd), so was looking for something different to give iTunes something to do...lol...

Sep 30, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #55 of 144
what do you mean by "consumers have chosen"? for example, on Amazon, after 2 years, the Classic is still #3 and #5 in portable media players, *** it's even outselling the 64 GB Touch (probably by quite a large margin)!!! so yes, consumers have chosen, but Apple wants everyone to move to their stupid cloud. that's the only reason.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Portable-Audio-Video/zgbs/electronics/172623/ref=zg_bs_mp_5_e_1_e

Some Apple fanboys have been living IN that 'stupid cloud' for decades :wink:

Sep 30, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #56 of 144

Quote:
Some Apple fanboys have been living IN that 'stupid cloud' for decades
wink.gif

C'mon Oz, I've seen your posts and you think your 6G Nano is very good.  Nothing wrong with being an apple fanboy.  I have several t-shirts.  However, I have dabbled outside Jobs' reign (Currently own Clip+, Clip Zip & FuzeV2) as well as Archos and J3 for a bit.  Everything depends on what you are looking for and if it satisfies your certain requirements and needs...

Sep 30, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #57 of 144
Yes, the SQ of the 6G Nano is better than any iPod I have owned or heard, and infinitely better than its predecessor - I even have independent measurements at home to support that.

Now, the bad news. Apple Corp, over the last 5-10 years, have consistently ignored their diehard fans with some really odd product decisions, largely because they CAN. If they do drop the Classic, it will simply be the latest in a long line of 'hey, we dont need this !' decisions made by beancounters - as I said before, I've met OS X engineers and they are passionate, uber-capable people, but they have to tow the corporate line. Have a look at some of the design decisions made for OS X Lion - particularly the move to integrate IOS gestures and drop components from Snow Leopard - then tell me this is the Apple of old.

Anyway, I've taken this thread OT and I apologise. Apple still makes some fantastic product, but the lunatics are running the asylum at corporate level.

Oct 1, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #58 of 144
Oct 1, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #59 of 144
When learning about the LOD i considered actually buying an Apple product, if they aren't around in the future well i guess i never will. As everyone says it makes business sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back