Apple to discontinue iPod Classic & iPod Shuffle??
Sep 28, 2011 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 144

JackRabbitSlims

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/27/apple-to-discontinue-ipod-classic-and-ipod-shuffle/

Thoughts, Comments, Suggestions & Queries........

Correct link here now - 
redface.gif

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 144
Sep 28, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 144
Yip - Love my classic and had it for quite a number of years. Is almost full now.

Hoping for a larger capacity Touch or Classic refresh......but both I think are unlikely - 
mad.gif

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #5 of 144
Funny--

The classic is the only product from Apple I'd ever buy/have bought/would recommend.

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #6 of 144

Quote:
Funny--

The classic is the only product from Apple I'd ever buy/have bought/would recommend.

x2 I 100% agree. Love my 4 year old 80gb. I would be ticked if apple discontinues it.

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #7 of 144
Big woop.

Given the number of people who stubbornly refuse to surrender their 5+ year old Wolfson-equipped iPods, and the thriving market for new hard drives for the Classic, I cant see this being an issue for another decade. What the world needs is another iRiver H1xx/H3xx with optical out straight out of the box.

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #8 of 144
Apple won't discontinue the iPod classic. It would be like discontinuing its macbook pros. The worst thing they can do is not introducing newer generations of ipod classic (which they already did to the classic) and shuffle. I'd be surprised if Apple is discontinuing the ipod classic or the ipod shuffle. The transition from macbook white to macbook air is quite reasonable but this, I don't think so.

Sep 28, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #9 of 144
I wouldn't be surprised. DAPs are still big here, but most people are using their phones today. Dedicated DAPs are on the way out.

It would also make sense for Apple to impose iOS or OS X across its entire line.

A bit sad, but Apple does not have a history of being sentimental.

Sep 28, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #10 of 144

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised. DAPs are still big here, but most people are using their phones today. Dedicated DAPs are on the way out.

It would also make sense for Apple to impose iOS or OS X across its entire line.

I agree its sad but I have a feeling Apple will discontinue the Ipod Classic

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #12 of 144
Love the iPod Classic. Not only as a player but as a portable server for the car or speaker docks. With it's ultraclean line out it's ideal for these roles. And it can go very high in the audiophile role when you amp the line out with a high end headphone amp. Not to mention the huge capacity.

I'd be very sad the day that the usual rumour of Apple killing the Classic actually turns out to be for real.

Sep 28, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #14 of 144

Quote:

HUH??? Don't understand this post.  what product from Apple has the huge music/photo/movie storage facility other than the Classic??  Seems to me to be a great time to go on Apple website, look at the "refurbished" section and buy another Classic before they're all gone.  then if the rumor is unfounded at least I have a Classic with larger capacity than my 80 gig classic I now own.

Sep 28, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #15 of 144
This is just the way portables are going. More people are simply using their smartphones for their music listening. Its much easier to just plug headphones into the iPhone or android or whatever that you already carry everywhere than to carry a cell phone and another seperate music player.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back