Apple to discontinue iPod Classic & iPod Shuffle??
Oct 4, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #136 of 144

Quote:
Zune120 
biggrin.gif

damn you microsoft for not continue with this great DAP!

edit: damn is no longer censored!

Woohoo! We've made it to PG-13 status then!

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #137 of 144

Quote:
Zune120 
biggrin.gif

damn you microsoft for not continue with this great DAP!

edit: damn is no longer censored!

How the mighty have fallen (in price, if nothing else):

http://www.themp3outletstore.com.au/30gb-flash/microsoft-zune-high-def-32-gb-video-mp3-player-platinum.html

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #138 of 144

Quote:
How the mighty have fallen (in price, if nothing else):

http://www.themp3outletstore.com.au/30gb-flash/microsoft-zune-high-def-32-gb-video-mp3-player-platinum.html

That price for a refurb is way too high. You can still find new ones for that price. Cowboom is the place for the low price refurbs.

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #139 of 144
I'm afraid the Zune was never on my radar, which is just as well - there are enough expensive trinkets sending me signals day and freakin' night. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #140 of 144

Quote:
That price for a refurb is way too high. You can still find new ones for that price. Cowboom is the place for the low price refurbs.

The only thing keeping me from getting a Zune HD is how hard it is to get in canada. Microsoft was stupid and decided not to release the zune internationally.

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #142 of 144

Quote:
The only improvement I see in the 4S is the camera. It looks gorgeous! 

Dual core processor and x7 better graphics (as per iPad 2), and the A5 CPU allows for Siri to work properly (as it's exclusive to the 4S), the camera as you mentioned, 1080p video/output, being a world phone rather than GSM/CDMA etc, Bluetooth 4.0, high capacity (if you can afford it), the antenna can also receive/send on both sides and intelligently switches (thus negating 'Handgate'), iOS 5 has hundreds of new bits and bobs, and most importantly Siri could be to voice recognition what iPhones were to touch screens.

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #143 of 144

Quote:
Dual core processor and x7 better graphics (as per iPad 2), and the A5 CPU allows for Siri to work properly (as it's exclusive to the 4S), the camera as you mentioned, 1080p video/output, being a world phone rather than GSM/CDMA etc, Bluetooth 4.0, high capacity (if you can afford it), the antenna can also receive/send on both sides and intelligently switches (thus negating 'Handgate'), iOS 5 has hundreds of new bits and bobs, and most importantly Siri could be to voice recognition what iPhones were to touch screens.

Yeah, but I'm not going to use bluetooth, games or the voice recognition software so I don't care about them. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #144 of 144
I presume any replacement (if there is one) will feature the new "Lightning" port, thus rendering my upgraded ND-S1 and i20 obsolete! I suppose I should get a spare Classic in case my existing one gets damaged/lost/stolen, but will the battery deteriorate with time if it is not charged?

I have been told that, if the battery has NEVER been charged, it can be stored more or less indefinitely without loss of performance. Is this true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back