image.png

image.png

about 12000 flac and 5000 mp3

image.png

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #4,355 of 4,614
Did it.
Thank you.
Owning some other daps with 1TB SD, with way better articulated UI and bigger screens,
llittle AP80Pro is not made to spend minutes scrolling and searching or trying to hit the right letter with my big hands.
If you like that, no problem

i have over 17000 favorite songs organized into 6 main genre folders

inside those i have subgenre folders

then bands

then albums organized by year

at the bottom of each genre or subgenre folder i have loose tracks overflow

almost every track spectrum, dynamic range, and metadata has been checked and fixed if needed

i would have 99% flac if it wasnt for some big mp3 compilations i downloaded. upgrading each track individually to flac is too time consuming.

99% of my bands i have flac for

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #4,359 of 4,614
@wmischke a short impression would be great. If it had 4.4mm balanced instead of 2.5mm it would have been a perfect replacement for my original AP80. Really a missed opportunity for Hidizs.

The frame of the player feels really too little to bear a 4.4. Well they kinda provided it with DH80 amp. It is a good match with AP80Pro letting it drive smoothly more demanding iems (Oriolus Isabellae, UM 3DT). I will try AP80Pro - X with that too, some day.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #4,360 of 4,614
@wmischke a short impression would be great. If it had 4.4mm balanced instead of 2.5mm it would have been a perfect replacement for my original AP80. Really a missed opportunity for Hidizs.
IMHO, sound is improved from the AP80 Pro. This is just from memory, as I sold my AP80 Pro months ago, but to me the sound is more full-bodied and balanced. A little more bass. Detail retrieval is really pretty outstanding for the price. I bought this thing on a whim, but I'm glad I did. The 2.5mm port is ok with me because I have been using a Shanling M2X, which also has 2.5mm. Plus I use ddhifi adapters when necessary. Trying to decide now whether I actually prefer the AP80 Pro-X to my M2X, which I have been really loving. So far I have been mostly listening to it through my ATH-MSR7b and it's a really great pairing.

Is the firmware improved at all? Does it have the bug where the quick-scroll letters get stuck?

Does the volume wheel still wobble?

Firmware appears to be the same, but I have not noticed any bugs yet. Very VERY slight wobble on the volume wheel. Tbh I had not even noticed yet until I checked it out just now.

x.jpg

x2.jpg

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #4,361 of 4,614
Is the firmware improved at all? Does it have the bug where the quick-scroll letters get stuck?

Does the volume wheel still wobble?

ive never needed the quick scroll,

or the update database features, despite having over 17 000 songs

my volume wobbles a bit but who cares. it works fine. doesnt bother me. over a year later and its still fine

if i bought another ap80 it would probobly be the regular vanilla version, because it crashed less, was more responsive, and battery lasted a bit longer

mind you i would prefer a bigger screen and battery.

i dont even see a pro-x firmware, maybe it uses the regular pro firmware

https://www.hidizs.net/pages/download-center

pro-X probobly has the latest pro 1.5 firmware from factory and there is no upgrade from that yet

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #4,362 of 4,614
IMHO, sound is improved from the AP80 Pro. This is just from memory, as I sold my AP80 Pro months ago, but to me the sound is more full-bodied and balanced. A little more bass. Detail retrieval is really pretty outstanding for the price. I bought this thing on a whim, but I'm glad I did. The 2.5mm port is ok with me because I have been using a Shanling M2X, which also has 2.5mm. Plus I use ddhifi adapters when necessary. Trying to decide now whether I actually prefer the AP80 Pro-X to my M2X, which I have been really loving. So far I have been mostly listening to it through my ATH-MSR7b and it's a really great pairing.

Firmware appears to be the same, but I have not noticed any bugs yet. Very VERY slight wobble on the volume wheel. Tbh I had not even noticed yet until I checked it out just now.

lots of fake replicas of audio technica headphones out there

so i would only buy them direct from official factory

amazon is spreading all sorts of fake stuff everywhere. im scared to buy food off amazon. buy some rice and might get plastic lol

i bought some Audio Technica ATH-SR50 but i didnt like the sound signature. i had to eq them alot. so i sold them. they had that stupid V curve big time. had to eq up the mids alot

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #4,363 of 4,614
^^interesting. I feel pretty confident that my MSR7b are real. It's my second pair of them. Plus I bought 'em here on head-fi. Either way they sound great so I guess it wouldn't even bother me all that much if they were counterfeit. . . but I digress. . . not really sure how that's relevant to this convo anyway. Just a heads up?

Jan 13, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #4,364 of 4,614
I bought 'em here on head-fi.

its risky buying some things used because you dont know the original purchase source so they could be counterfeits

take the new apple max headphones for example. within a short time there was all sorts of counterfeits being openly sold online

Jan 18, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #4,365 of 4,614

Users who are viewing this thread

Back