AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Apr 18, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #2,841 of 4,614
still existing with 1.0.1 beta
* button lock mechanism is useless, no block mechanism to prevent a device power off
* replay from last position useless, the device forget the whole position after a reboot without music playing (power off / on by a mistake or while battery charging)
* reset of system settings from time to time (after a normal power off / power on)
* music data base useless, file limit by 15K and no cover caching or caching of other data base items
* No setting of several EQ bands possible from time to time (in my case the last treble band), mostly the pre-gain set instead the band as this

the whole device has an ALPHA state and is not final until now!

Apr 18, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #2,843 of 4,614
Has anyone from Hidizs posted on here since @kenloveme stopped?

Good question, I was also trying to see whether HIDIZS is better with answering people, because I can't quite make my mind, I have an itch to publish my review on AP80, but I'm not sure from what I've seen if @kenloveme is still around or not

Apr 18, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #2,844 of 4,614
Good question, I was also trying to see whether HIDIZS is better with answering people, because I can't quite make my mind, I have an itch to publish my review on AP80, but I'm not sure from what I've seen if @kenloveme is still around or not
Ken does not love us anymore... :wink:
At least not since Dec. 17, 2018.

Apr 18, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #2,845 of 4,614
They don’t reply to anything on any of their threads. After a campaign is over, you never hear from them again. They are the most lousy company about firmware updates and customer support. Empty promises, totally unscrupulous. I will never trust them with my money again. I have 3 of their things. 2 were left in the dust, the other needed no further updates.

Apr 18, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #2,846 of 4,614
They don’t reply to anything on any of their threads. After a campaign is over, you never hear from them again. They are the most lousy company about firmware updates and customer support. Empty promises, totally unscrupulous. I will never trust them with my money again. I have 3 of their things. 2 were left in the dust, the other needed no further updates.
They died on their ms1/ms4 thread and Kickstarter page too

Apr 19, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #2,847 of 4,614
With FiiO, HiBy and Shanling around - I see no reason to repeat the mistake of buying Hidizs products again!
They won't see any money from me...

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #2,848 of 4,614

I can see that it must be frustrating to write a review for their product where a company cant even bother to back it.
I had the wrong colour AP80 sent even when confirming several times to them that I wanted black.
They changed the colour twice grey was one I said I would accept and due to stock or forgetting, ended up sending red?
Had an email saying they would refund me for the inconvenience and did not?
It's like dealing with a person with multiple personalities :)

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #2,849 of 4,614

Users who are viewing this thread

Back