AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 20, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #2,236 of 4,614
I've tried combing through all the settings for this device but I can't seem to figure out how to make the Player default to looking at Albums or any other filter instead of always showing ALL of the audio files when you launch the player.

Anyone find a workaround for that?

PS. I know this is most likely a personal peeve.

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #2,237 of 4,614
I've tried combing through all the settings for this device but I can't seem to figure out how to make the Player default to looking at Albums or any other filter instead of always showing ALL of the audio files when you launch the player.

Anyone find a workaround for that?

PS. I know this is most likely a personal peeve.
Did not try it, but what about the resume options (none/track/position) in the player settings?

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #2,238 of 4,614
Yep, 4PX. it's now saying its at Tamworth with Fastway Couriers. I hope it didnt go to Tamworth because thats further away from Melbourne. It was in Sydney before???? hmm
I thought for the hell of it I would try tracking on the fastway website. Mine says that it is at the Tamworth depot now too.... Tamworth is further away from me as well ;_;

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #2,239 of 4,614
Did not try it, but what about the resume options (none/track/position) in the player settings?

The resume option is only to the specific track and that part gets reset when you plug the device in to access the SDcard. :frowning2:

I was hoping there would be a setting where on the four-icon menu, the user can change the default to be "by Album" rather than "all Music". Or I may also be expecting too much, software-wise, for such a small device.

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #2,240 of 4,614
The resume option is only to the specific track and that part gets reset when you plug the device in to access the SDcard. :frowning2:

I was hoping there would be a setting where on the four-icon menu, the user can change the default to be "by Album" rather than "all Music". Or I may also be expecting too much, software-wise, for such a small device.
In point of fact I was hoping too that this default listing mode at startup could be changed. The default alphabetical listing is likely not the most used.

[Will add this to the suggestions if nobody comes with a solution...]
Edit: will remove it from the suggestions if someone comes with a solution!

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #2,241 of 4,614

I don't think AP80 being a small device is an excuse, so your expectations are warranted. Some DAPs like the Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip could resume your last played track (both in stock FW or in Rockbox), even if you switch off the device, which is not the case on the AP80. A lesser device like the Clip Zip could do that, so why not the AP80, which has better hardware overall?

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #2,244 of 4,614
Well, it only seems natural if they manufactured the stainless steel ones later than the aluminum ones, since it has the lesser demand.
Funny logic. Because the other way around could be also justified (they begin with the faster process, as there's less devices to build ; or they favour their premium/more expensive type).
You ordered an aliminium device, didn't you ?

From past campaigns experience, it seems to me that they have above all more issues working with a harder material.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #2,245 of 4,614
For those that are still waiting, have you tried emailing Hidizs <hello@hidizs.net> politely asking when you'll received your AP80 with your order number? I did and it took a couple days for them to respond with a tracking number. Mine is at JFK airport right now. I hope to get mine by this weekend. I pre-ordered on their website at the end of September BTW.

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I emailed them at that address (previously I was messaging them through Kickstarter) and within hours I got a response. "The Stainless Steel version has not ready to be shipped yet. Once we have it in our stock we will ship it to you.". Well, it's a response! Ugh.. At least I know it's not lost in the mail. I know others have received theirs in stainless, but at least I know they aren't being sold on AliExpress. Thanks for the help

Dec 20, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #2,247 of 4,614
Thank you so much for the suggestion. I emailed them at that address (previously I was messaging them through Kickstarter) and within hours I got a response. "The Stainless Steel version has not ready to be shipped yet. Once we have it in our stock we will ship it to you.". Well, it's a response! Ugh.. At least I know it's not lost in the mail. I know others have received theirs in stainless, but at least I know they aren't being sold on AliExpress. Thanks for the help

@vault108 Thanks for the suggestion. I too e-mailed hello Hidizs and received an answer in a couple of hours which said: "Thank you for your email.

I will chase our shipment team to send out your order as soon as possible. We will let you know if its been shipped."

That was yesterday. I haven't heard anything more. At least they are responding. A lot of companies don't respond to e-mail.

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #2,249 of 4,614
I received an email 11/27 — tracking information will be provided in a couple days —

December 1 and today sent them an email asking for tracking number.

I just want to know if maybe it was shipped or got lost. I am not mad. If they say it was shipped and give me a tracking number and find they shipped tot the wrong address or something they can re-ship another. They just will not reply at all

Level with me all does this thing even exist? I am Looking at the FiiO m6 now. FiiO I know will ship stuff. I don’t even know how to return what I did not get

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back