AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 19, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #2,209 of 4,614
48384415_10155585619492271_7252381454179500032_n.jpg
Does anyone have problem with the leather case and the physical buttons? The leather case is so thick I can't press the buttons unless I use my pinky finger nail. That's annoying for outdoor use with gloves on in winter.

Got mine yesterday. The case is too snug, too tight Bought this after my Clip and Clip Zip died last month. Both popped open on their own because of a bloated battery.

Attachments

• IMG_20181219_105725-01.jpeg
    IMG_20181219_105725-01.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #2,210 of 4,614
Let’s face it, their communication and customer service SUCK. No sugarcoating it, and by the way they’ve treated past releases and firmware updates this is just par for the course.

It really seems once they have your $$ they don’t give a ****. Too bad, because the hardware is pretty nice for the $. I mean it sounds good and works ok, but without future support it’s just average. Firmware to smooth out the experience and podcasting, better database support and LDAC would make this little thing go from good to excellent.

I have a hard time hitting the artist button- and the play/pause button on screen. More than I’ve ever had with any touchscreen device. I’m assuming the hit boxes are off with the on screen symbols positioning.

I hope features and these problems will be addressed in the future, but really all I’ve seen is a lot of lip service.

Go to the Shanling, Fiio, AK threads and you will see much better support (not too hard to do) And look at what Fiio is releasing for 150 dollars (m6) just 10 dollars more than AP80 :astonished:- I guarantee the overall user/customer experience will be better.
The AP80 is close to being perfect, if not for some of the issues that plague the device. It's like they released a rushed, half-baked product. Just address all the firmware issues that has compiled in this thread so far, and it will be a complete and perfect experience from the AP80. Let's just hope that they wouldn't do another AP200 on this one, as in leave their customers hanging up in the air.

Need some help here.
You can easily get AP80 retail, and there is kickstarter compaign still running. Is it some kind of new version?
The funding of the Kickstarter campaign has already ended 3 months ago, and no, there's no "new" version of the AP80. All AP80's, whether from retailers or from Kickstarter pledges, are the current ones.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #2,211 of 4,614
I haven't gotten mine yet, so I can't comment on the experience of the device just yet. But hopefully the fact that people are talking about the need for FW updates and compiling what they want fixed. Also hopefully the fact that the past experience for people in regards to the AP200 FW updates help the AP80 get a longer support. I mean it's only going to be beneficial for the company, because people will wanna get their future products :D @kenloveme

Dec 19, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #2,212 of 4,614
Just talked about this yesterday and here is the first signs of great future with Hidizs: AP200 1.0FW large release: https://www.hidizs.net/apps/help-center#!ap200-10-beta-firmware

Changelog:
1. Update Hiby music app3.0
2. Adding Wifi transfer feature (music files can be transferred through browser or using HiBy Music player)
3. Adding MSEB function
4. Adding fade effect (increase the transition between songs with the specific setting)
5. Adding online access to cover and lyrics function
6. Adding file sorting
7. Adding screen lock function
8. Adding notification bar theme selection
9. Adding Hiby Link service function
10. Fix the issue in Google Play
11. Fix all other bugs that found so far.

Dec 19, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #2,214 of 4,614
Still radio silence, no reply, no tracking number, no "magical" delivery...

It looks like Hidizs has nothing learned from their ks campaigns before.

I think it's time to call my cc company and start a charge back, it's almost Christmas and the AP80 should be a present and I don't think I will get it this month.

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #2,215 of 4,614
AED1A5F5-451D-466B-B180-79F4F9FF3EE0.jpeg Just got mine; stainless steel version. What’s the latest firmware? I see 1.01 beta out of the box.

Dec 19, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #2,217 of 4,614
Just talked about this yesterday and here is the first signs of great future with Hidizs: AP200 1.0FW large release: https://www.hidizs.net/apps/help-center#!ap200-10-beta-firmware

Changelog:
1. Update Hiby music app3.0
2. Adding Wifi transfer feature (music files can be transferred through browser or using HiBy Music player)
3. Adding MSEB function
4. Adding fade effect (increase the transition between songs with the specific setting)
5. Adding online access to cover and lyrics function
6. Adding file sorting
7. Adding screen lock function
8. Adding notification bar theme selection
9. Adding Hiby Link service function
10. Fix the issue in Google Play
11. Fix all other bugs that found so far.
Nice to know AP200 finally had its long-overdue and much-needed firmware update. Here's hoping that AP80 would be next.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #2,218 of 4,614
Still radio silence, no reply, no tracking number, no "magical" delivery...

It looks like Hidizs has nothing learned from their ks campaigns before.

I think it's time to call my cc company and start a charge back, it's almost Christmas and the AP80 should be a present and I don't think I will get it this month.

I'm in the same boat. Two requests for info have not received a response.

Really tempted to use the "Report This Project To Kickstarter" option on the site as the reasons to report it it include selling it elsewhere before you receive your reward and creator has stopped communicating...

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #2,219 of 4,614
Just got mine; stainless steel version. What’s the latest firmware? I see 1.01 beta out of the box.

Interesting. I'm still running 1.0 release which was what I got out of the box. Any differences if you check it against the issues raised so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back