AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 14, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #1,381 of 4,614
Same case here. I wouldn't mind if I get my AP80 on December or even January next year, and I also have several DAPs at my disposal, just like you. I do agree on what you've said regarding the distribution; some of those HK backers said they received their AP80's already, but they also said that they didn't received a notification of the tracking number.
HK is just an exception. Reason is because the AP80 shipping to there is very fast. Also, by the time the tracking number got updated because of the process with the custom and carrier, it already arrived only in a few days ahah :) So basically useless to send the tracking number when they already received the product haha.

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #1,382 of 4,614
I absolutely have to have a tracking number because I didn't use my home address for shipping. If I don't have a tracking number, I won't know when my Ap80 arrives and I won't be able to collect it. Please when it is shipped, I need my tracking number. Backer #528
You will have it don't worry! Like I said, HK is a special case as it is very near for the shipping so they received it very fast in a few days! But for the rest of the world the shipping wouldn't be that fast so you will definitely get a tracking number! :)

Nov 15, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #1,383 of 4,614
In the survey Note field I asked for stating 25$ custom value so my package doesn't get delayed by a week and charged more. Will the note be regarded ??

Nov 15, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #1,384 of 4,614
In the survey Note field I asked for stating 25$ custom value so my package doesn't get delayed by a week and charged more. Will the note be regarded ??
Hi! We usually lower the value as much as possible at the customs. I cannot tell exactly how much but it will be low for sure :) No worries.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #1,385 of 4,614
Great :)

Nov 16, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #1,386 of 4,614
Any word on any shipping to other countries besides China? I would like to know, I’m in the US and am backer #30. I’d like to know what the methodology is for the shipping. I usually expect Kickstarter projects to ship according to backer number to honor swift backing of an unproven product as a perk. In this case, I guess it’s pffft to that.
So, I’ll ask this question...did you guys produce (already done not being made) enough units to fulfill all of the Kickstarter pledges? @kenloveme

Nov 16, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #1,387 of 4,614
Any word on any shipping to other countries besides China? I would like to know, I’m in the US and am backer #30. I’d like to know what the methodology is for the shipping. I usually expect Kickstarter projects to ship according to backer number to honor swift backing of an unproven product as a perk. In this case, I guess it’s pffft to that.
So, I’ll ask this question...did you guys produce (already done not being made) enough units to fulfill all of the Kickstarter pledges? @kenloveme
I want to know the same - defeats the entire purpose of numbering each backer (I'm #59) and find it quite unfair that folks who backed after me are getting their product before I am.

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #1,388 of 4,614
I want to know the same - defeats the entire purpose of numbering each backer (I'm #59) and find it quite unfair that folks who backed after me are getting their product before I am.

Come on people... you need to be realistic here. There's nearly 2000 backers. If they manually ordered and sent them out 1x1 based on backer numbers it would take forever and we probably wouldn't get them till 2019.

They are shipped via a shipping company by country - as per all the previous posts that have explained this. This is the quickest and most effective way of shipping so have a little patience.

When you kickstart something with a few hundred backers its completely different, and by backer order is doable, but not when there's nearly 2000 of them.

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #1,390 of 4,614
Come on people... you need to be realistic here. There's nearly 2000 backers. If they manually ordered and sent them out 1x1 based on backer numbers it would take forever and we probably wouldn't get them till 2019.

Also, if you actually bothered to notice the shipping ETA also says "November" and we are barely half-way though the month. Don't bitch at them until at least that timeframe passes...wow.

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #1,391 of 4,614
My backer order was simply to get the discounted price, not to get preferential treatment in ship date. I am patient. From what little I have seen on Kickstarter, the way the AP 80 is shipping is not altogether uncommon.

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #1,392 of 4,614
Nothing wrong about asking if they know when they are going to start shipping to a particular region. I myself would ship to the furthest most remote areas first (because they will obviously take longer to get there) and then to closer areas.

Don’t really have a clue on how they’re doing it, I guess when somebody gets a tracking # we’ll know more.

Nov 16, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #1,393 of 4,614
I, for one, would like to know what the actual timeframe for fulfilling orders is going to be. I'd like to know if all of the units have been manufactured for the Kickstarters already because I was going to pre-order another for a friend. But, if I can't get an answer to that, then maybe I won't do that. Y'all know Chinese holidays are coming up, so if they don't ship them, you're stuck waiting extra weeks. I don't think it's unfair to ask for transparency with shipping methodology to ensure that they fulfill within the window of time that they have before everyone goes on holiday again. Because when that happens, weeks turn to months.

Nov 16, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #1,394 of 4,614
I, for one, would like to know what the actual timeframe for fulfilling orders is going to be. I'd like to know if all of the units have been manufactured for the Kickstarters already because I was going to pre-order another for a friend. But, if I can't get an answer to that, then maybe I won't do that. Y'all know Chinese holidays are coming up, so if they don't ship them, you're stuck waiting extra weeks. I don't think it's unfair to ask for transparency with shipping methodology to ensure that they fulfill within the window of time that they have before everyone goes on holiday again. Because when that happens, weeks turn to months.

Especially when this first started they eluded to an early November shipping, I know things change, but yes as doctor evil always says - throw us a fricken bone! :)

Nov 16, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #1,395 of 4,614
I definitely agree on this. It wouldn't hurt for Hidizs if they're less discreet (and less vague; I've been noticing their vagueness in most of their statements, especially in regards to shipping) regarding on their shipping schedule. At least tell their backers which area they could be shipping first/next.

Especially when this first started they eluded to an early November shipping, I know things change, but yes as doctor evil always says - throw us a fricken bone! :)
Well, from the looks of it, they actually did fulfilled their promise in shipping their AP80's this early November, but for obvious reasons, they prioritized shipping in their home country first, which is Hong Kong.

And lastly, I'm really hoping that the people who requested for express shipping be properly shipped as such. They better not mess up and ship them on standard shipping,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back