AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 13, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #1,366 of 4,614
You didn't waste your 20 bucks don't worry! Just to make things less confusing, the express shipping means we will ship the order by express shipping, it will be faster than standard shipping for sure. We always have to organize our shipping and that's what the carriers also usually do when they ship. We need to select same area, and same countries to ship out one by one. Like Europe countries, US countries, Asia countries, etc. I know you cannot wait to receive your AP80 but please wait for a couple days. The most important is that you will receive your AP80 at the end, right? :)

Ha ha no worries my friend, I know you have no control over the shipping logistics. :wink: I’m having major surgery soon and will be in the hospital awhile so I thought it would be easier to receive iit prior to my surgery hence the express shipping.

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #1,367 of 4,614
Ha ha no worries my friend, I know you have no control over the shipping logistics. :wink: I’m having major surgery soon and will be in the hospital awhile so I thought it would be easier to receive iit prior to my surgery hence the express shipping.
Thanks maaan! Ohh! I hope everything will go well for you for the surgery! May the force be with you!

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #1,368 of 4,614
Build quality is great, sounds signature is kinda neutral but need time to further evaluate it. In short, just great considering its price.
The quality of silicon case is a let down, it just feel flimsy and can't hold up it shape when you attach it on the AP80.

Hopefully they will have a clear tpu case available in the future like what was pictured in the stretch goal promo. If not I might have to buy the leather case later. Enjoy, new gadgets are always fun!

Nov 13, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #1,369 of 4,614
I’m really in no real hurry myself, I’ve got several daps to use. It just seems kind of vague about what’s happening with the distribution of the units. A tracking # is usually generated at the beginning of shipping but no one seems to have gotten any tracking info yet, which seems strange since I guess people close to Hidiz geologically have already received theirs.

The express shipping price seemed pretty reasonable too, so I thought why not- I’ve had stuff from China take over 3 weeks to arrive via regular airmail.
Same case here. I wouldn't mind if I get my AP80 on December or even January next year, and I also have several DAPs at my disposal, just like you. I do agree on what you've said regarding the distribution; some of those HK backers said they received their AP80's already, but they also said that they didn't received a notification of the tracking number.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #1,370 of 4,614
Build quality is great, sounds signature is kinda neutral but need time to further evaluate it. In short, just great considering its price.
The quality of silicon case is a let down, it just feel flimsy and can't hold up it shape when you attach it on the AP80.

Nice! Cant wait to get my hands on mine!! Really excited! Wooooo!

Nov 13, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #1,371 of 4,614
(...) but no one seems to have gotten any tracking info yet, which seems strange since I guess people close to Hidiz geologically have already received theirs.
Geologically ? Damned, I'm on the same Paleozoic layer as theirs, and no trace yet.... this geological approach is really an intriguing shipping process, that's for sure ! Pangea will be served first.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #1,373 of 4,614
Maybe try to submerge the silicone case on hot water for around a minute? See if it will stiffen a bit. At least that what I did on a Sansa Clip Zip silicone case that I used in the past.

If that's the issue with the free silicone case, then it's a good thing I pledged for the one with the free leather case + armband.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #1,375 of 4,614
You didn't waste your 20 bucks don't worry! Just to make things less confusing, the express shipping means we will ship the order by express shipping, it will be faster than standard shipping for sure. We always have to organize our shipping and that's what the carriers also usually do when they ship. We need to select same area, and same countries to ship out one by one. Like Europe countries, US countries, Asia countries, etc. I know you cannot wait to receive your AP80 but please wait for a couple days. The most important is that you will receive your AP80 at the end, right? :)

I absolutely have to have a tracking number because I didn't use my home address for shipping. If I don't have a tracking number, I won't know when my Ap80 arrives and I won't be able to collect it. Please when it is shipped, I need my tracking number. Backer #528

Nov 13, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #1,377 of 4,614
Maybe try to submerge the silicone case on hot water for around a minute? See if it will stiffen a bit. At least that what I did on a Sansa Clip Zip silicone case that I used in the past.

I assume you have to let it completely dry before fitting it to the DAP. Wonder if a hair dryer with the case fitted to the DAP might work?

Nov 14, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #1,380 of 4,614
I absolutely have to have a tracking number because I didn't use my home address for shipping. If I don't have a tracking number, I won't know when my Ap80 arrives and I won't be able to collect it. Please when it is shipped, I need my tracking number. Backer #528
If nothing better, you should ask if other buyers from your area post here, and ask them to alert you when the device shows up at their door....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back