AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Oct 9, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #1,186 of 4,614
@kenloveme I just got an email from Hidizs asking for order details again; I have filled and submitted the form sometime back. Could you confirm that this is the case?

Oct 9, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #1,187 of 4,614
@kenloveme I just got an email from Hidizs asking for order details again; I have filled and submitted the form sometime back. Could you confirm that this is the case?
PM me with your KS name and backer number. I will check it. :)

Oct 10, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #1,190 of 4,614
I have also received email asking for mailing address which was submitted a couple of weeks back. @kenloveme Please kindly advice. Thanks.
PM me your backers info I will check. :D

Oct 10, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #1,191 of 4,614
We can change FM stations using side buttons instead of touch screen?
The AP80 is designed to have a touchscreen gesture to change the FM stations. The side buttons are dedicated for changing music and pausing. :)

Oct 11, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #1,194 of 4,614
@kenloveme I’m sorry if I’m repeating the questions already asked, but want to recap and clarify some aspects about your very intriguing AP80 DAP:) Thank you for your answers!

1) How is the Lineout feature implemented: does it use a bypass of the ESS 9218P integrated amplifier somehow or switches the ESS 9218P output to the mode of maximum 2V output? Is the output voltage 2V in the Lineout mode? What are the output impedances in Lineout and headphone amplifier modes?

2) Will AptX on the AP80 be supported only in the transmitter mode or you plan to support it for the receiver as well? Will LDAC be supported for both signal reception and transmission on the AP80?

3) The description of the HiBy Link on the AP80 Kickstarter page reads: “Control AP80’s music wireless directly from your phone with the HiBy Link to ensure High-Res bit-perfect fidelity that is unattainable by Bluetooth”.

Does it mean that AP80 can use Wi-Fi for controlling and, which is more important, streaming audio data to and from the DAP when playing music with HiBy music on a mobile device? Will this simple, effective and logical solution eventually set us free from the bandwidth limitations imposed by the Bluetooth 4.x protocol (as far as I know, not a single codec, including LDAC, AptX/HD has been updated with a Bluetooth 5.x profile that enables the use of the Bluetooth 5’s 3Mb/s full bandwidth, thus making Bluetooth 4.x and 5.x essentially the same in terms of the sound quality for audio transmission) and all its pseudo-lossless codecs and get a truly lossless wireless data transfer on the AP80?:ksc75smile:

Oct 11, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #1,195 of 4,614
Oct 11, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #1,196 of 4,614
@kenloveme I’m sorry if I’m repeating the questions already asked, but want to recap and clarify some aspects about your very intriguing AP80 DAP:) Thank you for your answers!

1) How is the Lineout feature implemented: does it use a bypass of the ESS 9218P integrated amplifier somehow or switches the ESS 9218P output to the mode of maximum 2V output? Is the output voltage 2V in the Lineout mode? What are the output impedances in Lineout and headphone amplifier modes?

2) Will AptX on the AP80 be supported only in the transmitter mode or you plan to support it for the receiver as well? Will LDAC be supported for both signal reception and transmission on the AP80?

3) The description of the HiBy Link on the AP80 Kickstarter page reads: “Control AP80’s music wireless directly from your phone with the HiBy Link to ensure High-Res bit-perfect fidelity that is unattainable by Bluetooth”.

Does it mean that AP80 can use Wi-Fi for controlling and, which is more important, streaming audio data to and from the DAP when playing music with HiBy music on a mobile device? Will this simple, effective and logical solution eventually set us free from the bandwidth limitations imposed by the Bluetooth 4.x protocol (as far as I know, not a single codec, including LDAC, AptX/HD has been updated with a Bluetooth 5.x profile that enables the use of the Bluetooth 5’s 3Mb/s full bandwidth, thus making Bluetooth 4.x and 5.x essentially the same in terms of the sound quality for audio transmission) and all its pseudo-lossless codecs and get a truly lossless wireless data transfer on the AP80?:ksc75smile:

For the first two questions I will check with the team and get back to you later! :)

3. HibyLink is an app and function that enable you of controlling your AP80 music from your smartphone. It is NOT a streaming audio platform. Audio is stored locally on the device and smartphone can only do a full control of playlists. :)

Oct 11, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #1,197 of 4,614
3. HibyLink is an app and function that enable you of controlling your AP80 music from your smartphone. It is NOT a streaming audio platform. Audio is stored locally on the device and smartphone can only do a full control of playlists. :)
Got it, thanx @kenloveme )

Oct 12, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #1,199 of 4,614
Salut @kenloveme,

Serait t'il possible de voir le hidizs ap80 avec le nouveau knob de volume (déjà annodisé)?
Salut Warren! Je n'ai pas de AP80 proche de la version finale pour l'instant comme nous sommes encore en train de fabriquer les AP80 a l'usine :). Je vais voir ce que je peux faire!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back