AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 22, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #1,471 of 4,614
Now THAT is what Ive been waiting for :wink:

The new jog wheels look great... great work!
So they really updated the design of the jog wheel/knob, as promised on Update #8 of the AP80 KS campaign.

Regarding the silicone case as shown on that video, I guess @duncan21 is right. It looks like it wouldn't hold up its shape. It looks like it's an odd fit for the AP80.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #1,472 of 4,614
I think you’ve got it wrong. There’s a reason why we are holding a few coals to their feet. Their past Kickstarters and their Massdrop drop were delayed and they played a similar vague answering game. Not to mention their vague and unanswered (or unfulfilled) pleas for very needed firmware updates on their past products. When Ken showed up to answer our questions and give us hope that Hidizs had changed their way of doing business, there was hope that things would be different. So, vagueness is a thing I’ve seen before by this company, and like I’ve said, it doesn’t end well. For instance, why don’t you ask them one more time about when they are going to get LDAC implemented? For G*d’s sake, they don’t even have APTX implemented on their AP60’s as was promised. Not even promised, as advertised.

Thanks for telling me that. I'm new to the world of Hidizs. I stumbled on this thread a while ago (after Kickstarter closed) and this has been all that I know about Hidizs. I'm the type who doesn't want to have to ship something from the US to China if there's a problem. (I changed my mind on a camera buy simply because the US repair center has nothing but terrible reviews.) Think I'll look for something else.

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #1,473 of 4,614
Thanks for telling me that. I'm new to the world of Hidizs. I stumbled on this thread a while ago (after Kickstarter closed) and this has been all that I know about Hidizs. I'm the type who doesn't want to have to ship something from the US to China if there's a problem. (I changed my mind on a camera buy simply because the US repair center has nothing but terrible reviews.) Think I'll look for something else.
Well, I certainly didn’t mean to turn you away from the AP80. From the reviews that are out there, it seems to be a very capable unit as is. From the looks of it, it’s on the precipice of being released to the public. I would hang tight until a couple of reviews of the production models hit here and the web. Hopefully, that will Be soon.

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #1,474 of 4,614
FWIW I am a geek and over the years I have purchased 10 to 15 DAPs from all of them. Based on overall service and support, including timely firmware updates, this is how I rate them best to worst:

Shanling
Hidizs
Fiio
Hidizs
Hiby
Xduoo

I do think FIIO is dropping, and hidizs could move up..My Hidizs AP60 has been solid, with good firmware support. Xduoo is hands down the worst usually only one firmware update per model..with serious bugs not fixed..

Nov 22, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #1,475 of 4,614
I'm not going to create a new thread, but I report:

Penon has for sale in pre-order the AP80, and sends them on November 26. This company meets 100%.

My question is, why can Penon do it well and the company itself is doing it so badly with those of us who have financed the AP80 project?

https://penonaudio.com/hidizs-ap80.html
Well, I certainly didn’t mean to turn you away from the AP80. From the reviews that are out there, it seems to be a very capable unit as is. From the looks of it, it’s on the precipice of being released to the public. I would hang tight until a couple of reviews of the production models hit here and the web. Hopefully, that will Be soon.

Yes I quite think the unit will be excellent for the money. My only thing is I would like to have LDAC support ASAP. Oh and of course good firmware support.

Nov 22, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #1,476 of 4,614
FWIW I am a geek and over the years I have purchased 10 to 15 DAPs from all of them. Based on overall service and support, including timely firmware updates, this is how I rate them best to worst:

Shanling
Hidizs
Fiio
Hidizs
Hiby
Xduoo

I do think FIIO is dropping, and hidizs could move up..My Hidizs AP60 has been solid, with good firmware support. Xduoo is hands down the worst usually only one firmware update per model..with serious bugs not fixed..

I also like Shanling quite a bit, and Sony, although I just like their more $$$ models. I have no experience with Hidiz, so I’m looking forward to seeing what they have to offer, with the AP80. Which looks to be a really nice dap.

Nov 22, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #1,477 of 4,614
Yes I quite think the unit will be excellent for the money. My only thing is I would like to have LDAC support ASAP. Oh and of course good firmware support.
Hiby's R3 only got official LDAC support a couple of months ago, so the AP80 should definitely get it as it runs Hiby's software. It wouldn't surprise me if they hold onto that exclusivity for a few months though, but I'm hoping it will now be in the first update once they've shipped out... but we'll see :wink:

Nov 22, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #1,478 of 4,614
Hiby's R3 only got official LDAC support a couple of months ago, so the AP80 should definitely get it as it runs Hiby's software. It wouldn't surprise me if they hold onto that exclusivity for a few months though, but I'm hoping it will now be in the first update once they've shipped out... but we'll see :wink:

Supposedly they already paid Sony so it should come sooner or later. Hopefully sooner than later. :wink:

Nov 22, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #1,479 of 4,614
CC7E0F54-CEF8-4986-8829-FB1EDAF01E37.png

F9A65DC8-1F8F-4CAA-A464-47BB62466719.png

Oh boy, according to Ali express they have 50 in stock- yet Hidiz says that none have been sent out and it’s Imposdible they would have any.

SOMBODY is fibbing here.

And they are offering express delivery, which would be hard to do unless they had the units or had them allocated- but that’s impossible:wink:

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #1,480 of 4,614

Oh boy, according to Ali express they have 50 in stock- yet Hidiz says that none have been sent out and it’s Imposdible they would have any.

SOMBODY is fibbing here.

And they are offering express delivery, which would be hard to do unless they had the units or had them allocated- but that’s impossible:wink:
I don't mind waiting for my kickstarter order, but it's unnerving that I was able to order from Ali with DHL shipping before I even get a tracking number. Would seem that Hidizs figures they already have our money so get them to distributors before the holidays to make even more money. Good business financially, bad business for customer satisfaction.

Nov 22, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #1,481 of 4,614

SOMBODY is fibbing here.

I don't mind waiting for my kickstarter order, but it's unnerving that I was able to order from Ali with DHL shipping before I even get a tracking number. Would seem that Hidizs figures they already have our money so get them to distributors before the holidays to make even more money. Good business financially, bad business for customer satisfaction.

Thanks guys for sharing this! As I said in a previous post on this matter. Do not order on these websites.. this is fake. We didn't send it to the distributors yet! Nothing that hasn't been officially announced yet is fake. Do not trust these websites!

Nov 22, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #1,482 of 4,614
Hang in there buddy! For all the rants, I know you will send me mine. Take care....
Thanks a lot man! Your words mean a lot! Holding on as much as I can haha. I also try my best to help you guys to get the AP80 as fast as possible.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #1,483 of 4,614
Thanks guys for sharing this! As I said in a previous post on this matter. Do not order on these websites.. this is fake. We didn't send it to the distributors yet! Nothing that hasn't been officially announced yet is fake. Do not trust these websites!
How could be they're fake resellers? From what I see on AliExpress, those two sellers who have the AP80 (BrightAudio, and Takstar) are pretty reputable ones.

Nov 23, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #1,484 of 4,614
How could be they're fake resellers? From what I see on AliExpress, those two sellers who have the AP80 (BrightAudio, and Takstar) are pretty reputable ones.
Because it is fake news and not officially announced that we were going to supply resellers and distributors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back