AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
May 4, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #4,546 of 4,614
just got the fiio ff3 classic style earbuds. these things saved my life. classic style earsbuds are the only style of headphone i can wear now due to all other kinds triggering migraines due to nerve damage i have from covid. and most classic style earbuds sounds like crap. but these fii0 ff3's are decent and actually have bass. Now i can enjoy my full music library again

May 4, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #4,547 of 4,614
Trying to teach others can be a rewarding but also very humbling experience. Often it doesn't work that well. The more entitled young people are the less they are prepared to listen. And admitting a wrong idea nowadays seems to mean loss of identity.

the mind forms a false self which then hijacks our instincts and controls serotonin & fear which drives us towards narcissism

only solution is ego-death

May 5, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #4,548 of 4,614
this touchable volume graphic control is useless

why would someone touch the volume wheel to trigger the graphic and then move their finger over to the graphic to change volume

once you are already have your finger on the wheel you would just continue to use that

image.png
Because the volume wheel of the stainless or copper versions does not move very well using only one finger 😂

May 8, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #4,549 of 4,614
I had asked about the differences of the Pro and Pro-X in this thread….and have now experienced them by myself. Because actually I returned my Pro Rosegold due to some problems and bought the Pro-X Red Copper instead. And I had some days where I had both and could compare them.

Interestingly, what I first realized, was, they seem to have a different output impedance! Because using the same volume setting and earphones brought out quite different output volumes! So differences in sound could very well also be linked to this impedance difference, not just the chip!

And I could hear them having a slightly different tonal balance:
The Pro is slightly louder/pronounced in the mids, while Pro-X sounds a bit flatter/more neutral. And I think because of that, treble details are being perceived as a bit more present and the general sound is slightly airier. But it was not a big difference by any means and it`s difficult to categorize them as „better“ or „worse“, because some people might find that the Pro sounds a bit more musical.

What is definitely better with the Pro-X is the screen. It`s way brighter and colors are more vivid, very noticeable.
Also, I realized a slight difference in the shape of the housing (nobody has mentioned it yet). While the Pro has wedge shaped corners, and because of that creates the illusion of being a bit thinner, the Pro-X has straight side lines and the „X“ around the volume wheel is designed in a more complex structure! I must say, I prefer the shape of the Pro, since it looks cleaner and more elegant….but again, it`s not a big difference by any means! In terms of built and haptics they are both gorgeous…the stainless is brushed slightly nicer, while the color and back design of the Copper is more beautiful imo! Well, both are so nice to hold in the hand because they feel so valuable for such small devices! Almost like some „Mini SP2000s“ 😂👌.

I use mine exclusively as BT dongle and can happily say it does a very good job replacing my BTR7 - that feels much more „boring“ besides the Pro-X Copper and has less functionality!

By the way, are there other people in this thread who have experienced digital noice while connecting the player via BT to an Apple device? I did experience this problem from time to time with both players and have already contacted Hidizs about it!

Last edited:
May 8, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #4,550 of 4,614
May 8, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #4,552 of 4,614
problem with buying expensive players is you lose them, or drop them, or they get stolen, or the battery craps out, etc...
Ugh. That's the stuff of crappy dreams. My phone breaks down, my bike is stolen, or something else...
I advise getting a Tempotec V1. Just as good at half the cost with twice the sd slots. I never dreamed of dropping that. :xf_cool:

May 8, 2023 at 11:45 PM Post #4,553 of 4,614
i just got fiio em5, their flagship for the classic style buds

hopefully these are my new daily drivers

was getting too many esd static shocks on my chrome metal fiio FF3's

so hopefully the resin em5 with foams will stop that

the em5's sound better with foams on and the ff3's sound better with them off

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #4,554 of 4,614
problem with buying expensive players is you lose them, or drop them, or they get stolen, or the battery craps out, etc...
knocking on wood here, but so far none of the 3 first items have happened to me .. but I have dealt with crapped out batteries on my 3rd gen iPod (still considering trying to revive that 20 year old piece of tech), some iPod shuffles and my oldest player, the PJbox100 :D

May 9, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #4,555 of 4,614
but I have dealt with crapped out batteries on my 3rd gen iPod (still considering trying to revive that 20 year old piece of tech)

ya the batteries are hard to replace on all these new phones and devices

which is dumb. remember dropping the old phones and the batteries would just pop out. the good ole days

also there is a guy on youtube putting new screens, storage, and batteries into ipods

May 14, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #4,556 of 4,614
Hey there!

Not sure if this is the right thread, but Im looking for a decent music player for working out & just listening with good audio quality round $150.
Mostly gonna b using airpods pro 2nd gen, but want to use wired also from time to time.

Looking at these 3, heres what I got so far...

Hidzs ap80 pro
- flat sound straight out of box, outdated bluetooth, ( problem 4 airpods pro 2?) and some bugs.
+ nice big enough screen, mseb and UI

Shanling m0 pro
- too small screen (dont see full file when scrolling), one button
+ sound, small

Hiby r2ii
- lots of bugs, rare firmware updates, not the best hardware
+ bigger screen, UI, mseb

Any recommendations or anything Im missing?

Thank you!

May 14, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #4,557 of 4,614
Hey there!

Not sure if this is the right thread, but Im looking for a decent music player for working out & just listening with good audio quality round $150.
Mostly gonna b using airpods pro 2nd gen, but want to use wired also from time to time.

Hidzs ap80 pro
- flat sound straight out of box, outdated bluetooth, ( problem 4 airpods pro 2?) and some bugs.

Shanling m0 pro
+ sound, small

Hiby r2ii

Thank you!

fiio also makes one very similar, i forget the name

also take a peek at sandisk players

Last edited:
May 14, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #4,558 of 4,614
Hey there!

Hidzs ap80 pro

Shanling m0 pro
+ sound, small

Hiby r2ii

Thank you!
Well, I also have the Tempotec V1 that is also working on Hiby, which I really like, that really works for me. The screen is a bit smaller and maybe the HP-output is not as good (it's quite OK but a seperate Tempotec dac/amp sounds better). It's a lot cheaper (70) so for the same price (+40) you can get the dongle dac/amp. One big pro is the dual SD-card slot. I have both and I only use the usb out. I love them both. The V1 is unbeatable for the price. It has + - buttons for volume, but i use the app anyway. I bought the Hidizs for the screen and the looks as it's just a bit more 'wannahave'.

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #4,560 of 4,614
Single-ended Headphone Output Rated Output Power 70mW+70mW@32Ω, balanced 190W+190W. Sure 32ohms earphones (UM 3DT, Penon Serial, Oriolus Isabellae) struggle with single ended and still some with balanced. I think AP80Pro / AP80Pro -X are better suited with sensibile earphones with less than 32ohms resistance. This said I enjoy it more with a little amp power, always.

Attachments

• 20230520_153446.jpg
    20230520_153446.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back