AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 10, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #4,443 of 4,614
Hi guys , new here , I just bought the Ap80 pro and I'm loving it , great sound , portability, very happy, but I can't make the crossfade work , it's on but isn't there , something I'm doing wrong ? ,would appreciate the help , Ty

try different firmwares maybe

Dec 10, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #4,444 of 4,614
What you are doing wrong is using crossfade. A real artist tries to make each of his products a meaningful whole to convey a meaning or a mood. That means it is meant to play consecutively not throw everything in the blender and expect a tasty result. :)

It's a wonderful player but the processor is just enough for playing most music formats (DST is too intensive) and if you read files from different segments it might not have enough buffer and computational power to make a smooth transition. Indeed this depends greatly on the firmware/OS.

I never use shuffle or crossfade but the newest firmware I installed did give me some nice improvements.

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #4,446 of 4,614
Remember the software and OS are not specificay made for this player. I gave the same software on my phone and there it works like a charm.

I use it as a stationary media player, connected to a big stereo set through USB and control it via the Hiby connect on my phone. It works flawless and sounds perfect. Perfect as in: native dsd, not dop, without errors. That sounds, a lot better than streaming from qubuz (or any other streaming service). The only thing it can't do is play dst files inside an iso.

I think it's an amazing dap and it has a usable size bright screen and a battery that lasts all day.

Dec 10, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #4,448 of 4,614
Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #4,454 of 4,614
fail

10 000 mah is not small

pictures are misleading or fake

power bank i have is only 5000 mah

i would like 500 mah or 1000 mah etc...
According to the descriptions ...

The first one measures 2.6" x 2.6"
The second one measures 3.1" x 3.1"
The last one measures 3.5" x 2.5"

The "misleading or fake" thing about them is that they will fall well short of the 10,000 mAh rating.
Those were the smallest I could find on Amazon with a quick search. Sorry I failed you. Just trying to help.

Dec 11, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #4,455 of 4,614
Hi guys , new here , I just bought the Ap80 pro and I'm loving it , great sound , portability, very happy, but I can't make the crossfade work , it's on but isn't there , something I'm doing wrong ? ,would appreciate the help , Ty
It should either word or not work. What is does ... when the track you are listening to ends it fades the volume out and fades the volume in / up of the next track. It also fades the volume in if you advance forward of go back within a track. It cancels gapless playback and vice versa. You can either use gapless or crossfade (or neither) but not both. It's basically gapless with volume fade in / out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back