AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 28, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #1,562 of 4,614
Moving on......... I have a pair of SE215's that I quite enjoy, would you say the AP80 is adequate or more than so for them?

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #1,564 of 4,614
Ok so backers from Philippines has the ap80s on hand.. saw 2 peeps from a PH audio group posting them..

Wheres ours? Lol.. Still patiently waiting..

Edit: So i just learned that the 2 guys got their ap80 on an audio shop reseller in the PH. And that shop Looks like has numerous item on hand. saw 3 blacks being posted and 1 red already all from the same seller and still has stocks coz its been on his sale items. Wondering if he’s a backer as well and ordered a lot or what.

Again, where’s ours???

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #1,566 of 4,614
Ok so backers from Philippines has the ap80s on hand.. saw 2 peeps from a PH audio group posting them..

Wheres ours? Lol.. Still patiently waiting..

Edit: So i just learned that the 2 guys got their ap80 on an audio shop reseller in the PH. And that shop Looks like has numerous item on hand. saw 3 blacks being posted and 1 red already all from the same seller and still has stocks coz its been on his sale items. Wondering if he’s a backer as well and ordered a lot or what.

Again, where’s ours???

Yes, I've asked him to share his impressions here as well. He has promissed to do it today.

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #1,568 of 4,614
I guess their nothing much to do but wait. Boo HOO :)
Anyone got a tracking number
Wheres my AP80

it started going downhill soon as all the wingers came out

And yet here YOU are also whining. I don’t even know what a winger is? Maybe you’re referring to the band? Lol

Bottom line, if you’re bugged by people complaining in a friken audio thread, well what can I say?

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #1,569 of 4,614
Over on the Kickstarter comments page, the most amusing thing to me is the one guy who keeps asking about the HiRes sticker. Seriously? It's a sticker. HiRes certification is certainly something to track, for those who have a large DSD collection, but the sticker is just an ugly little yellow piece of paper.

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #1,570 of 4,614
Over on the Kickstarter comments page, the most amusing thing to me is the one guy who keeps asking about the HiRes sticker. Seriously? It's a sticker. HiRes certification is certainly something to track, for those who have a large DSD collection, but the sticker is just an ugly little yellow piece of paper.

Yes there was a guy in the M0 thread that was asking about the HR certification for pages and pages, he thought It was fake because Shanling wouldn’t show him the graph of the M0’s amp section going to 40 kHz. Which is inaudible anyways, and of course most people rip the sticker off straight away.

But he NEEDED the proof before he would buy one. I think he just gave up then and bought something else. That I do think is silly to worry about, solely because only a few can ever hear to the threshold of 16 bit audio 20 kHz. But hey whatever ha ha.

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #1,571 of 4,614
Yes there was a guy in the M0 thread that was asking about the HR certification for pages and pages, he thought It was fake because Shanling wouldn’t show him the graph of the M0’s amp section going to 40 kHz. Which is inaudible anyways, and of course most people rip the sticker off straight away.

But he NEEDED the proof before he would buy one. I think he just gave up then and bought something else. That I do think is silly to worry about, solely because only a few can ever hear to the threshold of 16 bit audio 20 kHz. But hey whatever ha ha.

I have some high frequency hearing loss (thank you, Army), so I'm definitely not going to hear the "dog whistle" end of the spectrum. It's interesting what some folks will obsess over, though. I'm not going to tell other people what to care about, but maybe some people could care a little less strongly about relatively minor things. Even if the AP80 turns out to be as disappointing as the Ruizu A50, my life will not be ruined. :)

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #1,572 of 4,614
I have some high frequency hearing loss (thank you, Army), so I'm definitely not going to hear the "dog whistle" end of the spectrum. It's interesting what some folks will obsess over, though. I'm not going to tell other people what to care about, but maybe some people could care a little less strongly about relatively minor things. Even if the AP80 turns out to be as disappointing as the Ruizu A50, my life will not be ruined. :)

Yes the good ole army know it well :wink: Ha ha I don’t doubt the unit will be nice- I just find it strange that it seems so hard to get any specific info on shipping status. Like Ken PM’d me yesterday to say that my unit would probably go out with express shipping today I guess.

Which is cool, but I asked him from China? From here (US) the I said well I should get tracking soon. Well no reply, so who knows? But I don’t want to pay for express shipping if I’m not getting it shipped express ha ha. So it seems that they really don’t have a handle on what’s going on.

I guess we’ll see.

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #1,573 of 4,614
Yeah, saw that too. He's making too much of a big deal this past week over a mere sticker. Personally, I couldn't care less if it has the Hi-Res Audio sticker or not.

Nov 28, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #1,575 of 4,614
I am one of the earlier backers (number 57?), and I don't remember any announcement of express shipping during the campaign. Considering how many people say they spent extra for express shipping, it was clearly on offer, but they did a poor job of publicizing the information. They also started the campaign by making breathless claims of Super Early Bird pricing available for a limited time only, but then kept opening more slots in that super early bird pricing and never introducing any other "less early" tiers. I don't know whether that was a purposeful bait-and-switch, or just a bizarre approach to marketing.

Transparency is good in Kickstarter campaigns. I have one (for a board game) that is approaching one year late, but he's been mostly open and clear about why things went off the rails. Most people will give the benefit of the doubt to companies that are willing to talk. Of course, some Kickstarter backers are insane. Another campaign started shipping last week, and is going to have all rewards shipped by the end of November. The estimated delivery date was November. A surprising number of people began complaining about how long they were taking months ago. You backed a campaign that said "November" and you're angry that they're shipping in November. Weird.

Back to Hidizs - they estimated November, and they have two days left. I suppose they could get everything shipped in that time, but it's not looking good. A bit more actual detail, and a bit less "haha lol we're working" would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back